Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Dojo Rooms + "rpg" Offline Elements

Lactamid

About a year go I posted this topic:
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/17301-clans-what-they-could-be/?hl=%2Boffline+%2Btime

While some of those things are old I would still like to bring some of the stuff back as the game could be in a state more suitable for such things.

Feedback/WIP

Feedback is placed here for visibility, you might want to skip ahead if you're reading this for the first time.

Wip:

*Market - don't know what to do offline. Might need other stuff as well.

*Shooting range - an ongoing topic since forever.

*Armory/Armoury + Holodeck - don't know what to do offline.

*Personal Room - the new ships in LS27?

Don't take the idea than our main ships should take damage out of this!

Offline mode may need locally saved files (security issue) or dedicated servers.

Nexus app: Using the Nexus app together with "offline time" could yield some possitive and exhiting new features.

Rooms:

These rooms would be used by Tenno both on and offline. The point in general would be to make use of players that are offline, those who might not be able to play as often but still want to contribute to their clan, or simply those not there right now. Another reason is to make things feel more "alive" in the Dojo. A reason for having it..

The point of each room will be described more specifically under each "spoiler".

Library/Archives:

In this(these) room(s) we could brush up on history and lore. Replay simulated old events (without rewards) and conduct studies.

Online - Decipher lore pickups. Team up for special quests.

Offline - Decipher lore, decrease dicipher time for clan, uncover secret research projects.

If lore ever becomes a thing, I hope there could be "lore drops" in game. These could hold specific or random knowledge. They could be parts of a greater piece, or stand alone.

If you found a pice of lore perhaps, with the comming faction standars, lore could be tied to special encounters (faction order leaders contacting you) or opening up special "quest missions". Using the codex scanner would be one way to aquire lore, another would perhaps be drops.

Online:

This is where you would go to decipher encrypted lore, you could also share lore parts with a group and go on a quest.

Much like having blueprints for a weapon + building a key. The good thing would be that you could share your parts in the group and build a key together.

Offline:

When offline you could choose to work in the Library/Archives, this would let you conduct research and decipher lore elements for clan members, decreasing the time it would take them. It would also yield a slight chance of discovering reasearch parts for new projects in research labs.

Hangar:

Each time a Tenno goes out on a mission their ships are subject to take damage, yet this is hardly an issue. What we do in the hangar is more about those little drones we have sweeping the system for goodies.

Online - Look at Tenno ships and drone docking stations. Upgrade.

Offline - Repair clan drones.

Working in the Hangar would let us repair drones. Each time a drone would return a percentage of it HP would be repaired. This would shorten the amount of time required for it to return to full health if unused and it would again be in prime (not "Prime" prime) condition to head out again. The Hangar would also have some things you could upgrade, such as capacity (the amount of players that could work there) and Equipment (how effective the players working there would be - more HP returned or what ever)

Ie: 15/100 members are working in the Hangar - 15% health returned on collection of the drone.

*numbers would of course need adjustments with clan sizes and effective returns

Storage (refinery):

Storage is important. This is where you gain additional resources for you clan.

Online - Looks and starting equipment upgrades.

Offline - Work with refinement - yield resources for your clan.

When you send your drones out on missions they collect resources, when they return they enter the Hangar and after that the resources go to the storage/refinery. Here Tenno can work to make the extraction of the resources more efficient and provide some additional resources for the clan vault.

Online will be mostly "looks and feels" but you may be able to start project to rank up the equipment in order for even more efficiency/ worker capacity.

Offline work will, as mentioned above, give the clan resources from each Drone deposit. These returns may be quite small as there will be such a vast number of drones.

Example: Player X collects the resources from his drone. 10/100 players in the clan work in Lvl 3/5 Storage/Refinery at the time. An additional 1% of the Resources gathered by the drone is gained by the clan.

Capacity upgrade: Would let more people work in Storage/Refinery

Equipment upgrade: Higher returns/per player working there.

Warlord may tax drones?

Vault:

The treasury! The stock market of the future...or what ever you want to call it. Here you could get your clan some dough (credits).

Online - Invest credits

Offline - Work with investments to gain credits for you and your clan

Credits are always needed -  to conduct research, build new rooms, buy guns...and to fund bad land mercenaries in bad land disputes.

Working in the vault would require investments from players. Now this ISN'T WITHOUT RISK! You can lose credits, but you can also gain credit. Hey it wouldn't be Warframe without rng.

With people working here you can monitor those investments. Perhaps they are tied to something, perhaps they are not (because that would require S#&$loads of code). But if I could dream it could be things like investing in a badlands conflict on one side, if that side won there would be profit (GO CORPUS!).

The more people there, the higher the amount of investmenst processed/h.

The higher the Mastry rank, the more credits you could invest. (ie: mr 0 - 1k, mr 15 - 150k)

Idk how/if this should have any rankings or research. Maybe, maybe not.

The Warlord of each clan can set a tax on all investments (I'd suggest a cap of 25%)

Initial fee and/or % of winnings.

*Observatory:

So this room is already being built and comming out, but I would like to flesh it out some more.

Online - what ever it's supposed to do originally.

Offline - enables "offline missions".

Offline missions are pretty straight forward. You gamble your Warframes [current] ressurections in order to complete a mission. You may only gamble a maximum of 4 ressurections per account. These are semi "stand alone" and will be refilled once every day. However they are tied to a warframe. So you will lose that Warframes ressurections if he/she fails.

In order to do offline missions you will also select "number of tries". This is if your Tenno completes the mission without dying and no ressurection was needed. The higher the amount of tries, the less the likelyhood of success.

This can yield rewards such as mods and what not, it is how ever selfish and does not contribute to the clan what so ever, but never mind that :D

Each mission has a certain difficulity level that works in comparrison with your gear. A player with a rank 30 warframe and rank 30 weapons will thus have a higher chance of completing a mission than a player with low gear. This is based on equipped mods, not lvl.

Missions are selected randomly within a lvl range and faction, but you can choose to target specific nodes.

Players that try to complete missions that are not already done suffer a CONSIDDERABLE additional chance of failure.

Ie: Player X with gear lvl X has a 36% chance to complete M-Prime, but as Player X has not yet completed that mission a penalty is added. Player X now has 4.2% chance to complete M-Prime.

On top of that, each consecutive try at the same place yields additional penalties.

Player X MR 15

Warframe: Excalibur (30)

Primary: Soma (30)

Secondary: Kraken (12)

Melee: Scindo (29)

Current Ressurections [4]

Gamble Ressurections: (1-4) [3] 3 = the selected number in this "demo"

Maximum amount of mission: (1-15) [15] The amount of missions could be tied to MR, starting at 1/ressurection and then adding up every MR after 4, perhaps not at every rank?. The selected amount is "15"

Level Range: [0-49] - [1-50]

Faction: Corpus, Grineer, Infested, Orokin [select keys], Random.

These missions would likely not give you the good stuff, they may earn some xp and mods, but will be much worse than doing real missions online. There is however a small chance.

Edit: New rooms, not as offline focused yet, but my be altered.

Market:

The current Market is a bit ”stale” imho, and could do with a rework into Dojos/hubs. What I suggest is that –as many others have said before me- it gets a “physical” shop. Wether this is a store or a desk kiosk doesn’t really matter to me, but some NPCs running it could open up some interesting options.

Online: pretty much online only, might have some features for mobile devices in offline mode?

Offline: WIP

The Market might not have much offline play (if you think of something feel free to post your idea) but some online things could be:

Market: Look at, test and buy weapons, gear and blueprints. Pretty much the normal market revisualized. + A place to try stuff out.

The Shooting Range: In the back of the Market there is a shooting range, this is where you can try out the basic functions of possible new stuff. See the numbers sort of speak.

Here you can shoot you guns on test dummies representing various faction enemies. (Light/Medium/Heavy – different armor/resistance types).

Market Holodeck: You can also try new gear (weapons/frames) at the Market – holodeck. This deck holds a small obstacle course with pop-up enemies.

This is the “light version” of the Clan Dojo-Armory Holodeck. It’s based on RNG to create a miniature course to run with its own tiles, much like the Mastery rank challenges.

Frame Testing Room: This room is a room with a number of “tests” or challenges that lets you test your frames abilities. Things like knowledge of range, timing and “how things work”. Perhaps enemies pop up at range and you will have to center yourself to take them all out. Reactive floor panels gloving on the affected area of effect to help players determine when to use the skills.

In the market you could also view the videos created to highlight weapons and frames (instead of looking on youtube…cause yeah…that’s not really in game).

The NPCs – Tenno or Tenno supporters?

The first question I asked myself was:  who would run the shop? Would it be all automated or would there be some sort of interaction with NPCs? And what would they be like?

There are soooooo maaaany things you could do with market run by NPCs it’s pretty ridiculous. Picture it run by Tenno supporters, now first of all – we get to see them (that’s huge). The second thing is, we can put them in other places, give them roles and let them take part in larger pictures. Rescue missions might yield things for the market. There might be lore connected to them, there may be alerts that affect the market. Plots to sabotage the Tenno run market and… a Black Market.   Grineer and Corpus connections offering secret stuff.

Maybe our lore can be gathered and sold to opposing factions as enemy intel? Perhaps frequent suppliers of such intel could be contacted by faction order agents? Hell, even the Tenno/Tenno supporters might have their own agents.

AND SO ON…

Armory/Armoury (Clan Dojo Holodeck):

As mentioned above and in one of my posts a “Holodeck” and an Armory could be a nice feature for the Dojo.

Basically the armory is a wall of guns and frames and mods “donated” by the players in the clan so that others can try them out. It is also tied to the Codex via scans of enemies and rooms + ev. lore.

Online: Test weapons and frames held by clan (even those not in market) + Test all kinds of vs scenarios + explore tiles.

The Armory is pretty straight forward – get a gun, don’t need it? Get rid of it or donate it to the Armory. Every weapon won’t be available in the market, clan tech and primes won’t be there, but this offers a way to show it to others.

The weapon won’t be “lost” to the player donating it, but it would have to be claimed in order to get it back. (Yes you may use this as an “extra weapon slot”, do note that only 1 of each weapon is needed in the armory, and expanding the number of slots in it may be costly resource wise (for single players trying to abuse this).

The Armory would likely be a 2-stage room pretty much like the market, first the wall of stuff, then the smaller “shooting range” for trying things out a bit faster.

The Holodeck:

This is where you go to retry mastry tests and much else, in this room you may do 2 things. Go on co-op specialized “training missions” or specific tiles and fight special non random enemies at set levels.

Training missions: Set the faction, tileset and level range and head off to a training mission. This may yield some exp/focus exp but only to owned gear. No rewards.

Specific tiles/enemies:

In my book the artists that create the tiles we play could get some love. Thus we can now pin point and admire those tiles via the Holodeck. But to not take away all the fun there is in exploring every tile must be scanned (or at least visited/logged) before they can appear in the Holodeck. By at least 1 clan member.

Selecting a specific tile can be beneficial; this will let us take a small step towards tactics and also check things out in detail. Letting us decide which types and the quantity of enemies that will spawn will also let us see what works and what doesn’t – fast.

For players it’s also a bit of that got to catch ‘em all again.

“Grineer Galleon: 27/58 tiles

Corpus Outpost: 47/48 tiles

Void : 35/35

aso.”

Personal Room:

Online: Show stuff – look at stuff, build new stuff, get stuff from missions.

(maybe thing takes time to build? Like foundry. Perhaps it’s here you’ll end up after returning from those offline missions you did?)

As someone who’s played a few games with more focus on achievements and player “status” it saddens me that the achievements in Warframe are so hidden away and such a small part of the game. Do they even show up when viewing another player? (perhaps on steam?).

This room is for BRAGGING, yeah I said it. It is. But also for a sense of progress and immersion. something to keep coming back to and to show your friends (at least once if they go hating afterwards :P).

Maybe that ship in LS27 will be this “room”? Somewhere where we can show our stuff and hang our gear on the wall like in any superhero dungeon.

Scanned all the plants on Earth? what a fancy plant you have there in your room! Killed Sargas Ruk 50 times? Is that his head on a pike!? Joined before the most feared enemy in the game was taken out? HURRAY pet  Nervo in a cage… aso.

Extras:
As I Mentioned earlier there could be lore that would unlock hidden research. I imagine "lore drops" as pages out of a book, or files in a series. "Legacy of Jupiter part 1 of 5" or something like that. These drops could as mentioned be dropped by enemies but also found in lockers and crates. Scanning could tap into lore that was locked behind some kind of "encryption" - this type of lore would likely be tied to special missions or faction Orders. Simple "higher rarity lore". Lockers that are locked but opened via Master Thief might have a higher chance of getting you higher rarity lore drops.

It's a bit sad that raid missions were scrapped, those had a possibly good lore-thing going. Maybe some kind of variation of raid could be created by gathering lore drops and researching it?

Research could be things like:

Advanced scanners - lets your drones target a higher grade of resources.

Capacitors - More room for resources on your drone.

Interceptor Module - while scanning with the codex scanner enemies belonging to a faction order my be revieled (possible lore specific loot if identified).

Lore tied missions.

Clan Artifacts and boosters

and special RANDOM mods.

Aso.

Edit: Perhaps offline members might show up as NPCs in the dojo? Tenno John/Jane Doe models? But with a name on them for the player.

I know this is way overkill in ambition and pretty much Warframe 3.0 in code. I still want to put it out there though.

Thx for reading.

Edited by Lactamid

Yeah awesome stuff. I'd talk more but busy at the moment.

Would be epic to see something like this happen.

If we are to eventually start in those space hubs or even our dojos it isn't such a big leap in imagination at least :) Something to broaden it a bit.

Hey, Badlands is going to expand our Dojos' role quite a bit. This could actually happen... the devs say they like keeping the lore relatively vague, and those lore pickups make it perfect.

Maybe the hangar could have something to do with our Tenno extraction ships. You could upgrade them to give you support on some missions or something.

Hey, Badlands is going to expand our Dojos' role quite a bit. This could actually happen... the devs say they like keeping the lore relatively vague, and those lore pickups make it perfect.

Maybe the hangar could have something to do with our Tenno extraction ships. You could upgrade them to give you support on some missions or something.

I'd like to think of the lore pickups as pages of some books. And that you could gather them all to make complete "books". Some of the lore would simply be lore, but other things might be tied to missions or special gear/mods/research.

It would be nice if searching lockers could actually get you something good. Like high quality lore drops. That would theoretically mean you could search lockers to find research for a special mod or something schematics to improve dojo-equipments. The location of a "clan artifact" (like a mod for the whole clan) or what ever.

Perhaps we could come back from missions an exit in the hangar?

Edited by Lactamid

I like the idea.  There would need to be safeguards in place to make sure that the offline portions of this wouldn't be hacked.  As people like to do that with anything that has a local save file.

It would be interesting to see DE tie something like this into the Nexus App that they're developing.  I like that I can run my extractors while I'm offline, but it would  be even better if I could do more stuff to assist myself or my clan if I can't be in game.

I like the idea.  There would need to be safeguards in place to make sure that the offline portions of this wouldn't be hacked.  As people like to do that with anything that has a local save file.

It would be interesting to see DE tie something like this into the Nexus App that they're developing.  I like that I can run my extractors while I'm offline, but it would  be even better if I could do more stuff to assist myself or my clan if I can't be in game.

This is fantastic feedback. Hadn't thought about that at all. While I think that this sort of stuff might only be possible with some kind of dedicated servers, hacking/cheating should be kept away. I've never used the Nexus app so I don't know what it can do, there are probably lots of things you could manage from there.

As I don't know I'm simply guessing, but I could definetly see some other clan management happening from there with the comming Clan-UI-update.

The idea is pretty impressive and clearly a lot of work.... But if this thread keeps active and get noticed, then maybe we can hope to see these ideas becoming real.

If not all, maybe at least something :)

Go go bumping rangers!

*Que epic guitar*

I really like these ideas def would like to see all this happen at this point I feel like the dojo is only there for trading/research and to look good Id also would like to see a shooting range in there to as well as a place where you could open your arsenal and foundry in there anyways you got my support for these additions keep the ideas flowing bro

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds good!

I thought it would be a good idea to put a way to access the market from the dojo.

A place to input unwanted blueprints for clan research would be good too.  ( seems a waste to sell blueprints)

maybe even a personal room you can show off your invertory to other clan members.

Yes on the hanger, no on the damage ships parts. Yes I would like to come back to my dojo after a mission, no I do not wish to waste time (and probly plat) to fix my ship back up again.

Lest this be something offline tenno just idly do cause nothing better okay ... tough in all honesty seems like a task for sentinels =3

Sounds good!

I thought it would be a good idea to put a way to access the market from the dojo.

A place to input unwanted blueprints for clan research would be good too.  ( seems a waste to sell blueprints)

maybe even a personal room you can show off your invertory to other clan members.

A marketplace wouldn't be a bad idea. I've never really liked the way the market is so something more alive and hands on should be good. That along with the shooting range everyone wants could be something?

Pehaps a Holodeck (needs a better name) where you could redo mastry rank tests but also try out things like new gear/frames.

What I imagine is either:

A: in here you first pick stuff you want to try in the "Armory/Armoury" - then you "go away on a mission" - like a lobby. You can gain some limited exp directly to Focus?

As you can't pick stuff up there will be no mod-drops, but you might learn something, hence the exp.

Or:

B: This room is more stationary - inside the Dojo - You can select any tile (previously visited/scanned) from any tileset, or select random, and the holodeck will recreate it. In here you can try out gear and frames. This room can be entered at any time. Perhaps more then one tile can fit inside this holodeck?

Bonus with A - possible exp, gives a bit more depth to trying things out.

Bonus with B - You can go into details in checking tiles and really look at all the work DE has put into the maps.

Maybe with A we could test the more "game like" scenarios of rng spawned enemies while in B we could select specific enemies to go up against in that tile.

Ideas - players can donate gear/weapons/mods/frames to the armory for others to try. Sort of a "collect them all for the clan". For B we would have to scan or by some other means acquire the schematics for a tile in order to recreate it in the holodeck.

Grineer Galleon: 27/58 tiles

Corpus Outpost: 47/48 tiles

Void : 35/35

aso.

(I have no clue of how many tiles there are)

The personal room is something I'd really like as well. Something you could decorate, a place where all your achievments whould be shown, the weapons and frames you got/have used, the events you've participated in, possible rankings aso.

Looking at someones info from their name in chat isn't that impressive.

Also, perhaps mastry ranks would allow for more stuff in your room?

Yes on the hanger, no on the damage ships parts. Yes I would like to come back to my dojo after a mission, no I do not wish to waste time (and probly plat) to fix my ship back up again.

Lest this be something offline tenno just idly do cause nothing better okay ... tough in all honesty seems like a task for sentinels =3

nonono you've got it all wrong. Our ships should never take damage. That was just a game logic thing. What I said was more - while this might be an issue in other games - let's focus on the sentinels for now.

Sentinels repairing ships or -tamtamtaa- larger Tenno ships in the hangar would be frekkin kewl!

Edit - just saw those large ships on the live stream :D

Edited by Lactamid