Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Dust Settled Spin-Off: Rise Of The Rhino.

Ced23Ric

[size=6]TdS: Rise of the Rhino.[/size]

[size=2]~ a spinoff from "The Dust Settled", for Dagnome's competition in 566 words. ~

tdsrotr.png

~ muscial company:

[/size]

The Cryopod hissed and creaked, as the temperature inside rose. Within, the figure stirred. As the transparent hood slid open, a disoriented and clumsy man slid from the bed. He supported himself on the framework of his resting place, stood up and rubbed his eyes. The skintight suit, with many ports where drips and monitors were previously connected, clung to his muscular frame, but in this moment, he seemed anything but mighty. The woman in dark purple robes, with ornate headdress looked at his feeble attempts to regain posture. She smiled thinly, as her soft voice pierced the background noises of the preservation device warming up.

“You have slept for a long time, Tenno. It is to my most sincere apology that I rouse you from your slumber.”

He blinked, trying to focus her shape. “Who are you? What is this?”

“You have forgotten, like so many before you. I am your guide, Tenno. The Lotus has sent me to be your supervisor. You are a warrior, the finest of the Orokin Empire. A veteran of times long gone.”

“So you say, woman. What proves your allegiance, and my calling?”

“You will find that we share a common symbol.”

She turned around, raised the fabric of the flowing robes and expose her bare back to him. Cut and inked into her flesh, a dominant stylized lotus flower covered her skin, and within the leaves, sigils and runes were drawn. They reminded him of things, of teachings. As his vision slowly cleared up and adjusted to the light, he glanced at his own body. Similar sigils were inked into his arms and on his chest, right above the heart, the same lotus flower blossomed. He recognized symbol after symbol. Guardian of the Orokin. Defender of the People. The Lotus' strong arm. Justicar of Mercury.

“I see the words on your body, and I see the words on mine. They ring true. While I do not see my own name, I see that you are not to fool me. Nevertheless – why have you brought me here?”

The robes fell, covering her pale skin and she turned back around. “Because we need you, more than ever. What you fought for, what was built, has fallen to dust. We are hunted, to the brim of extinction. It took many generations and decades to find you and your brethren. Now we must awake you to fight a war we cannot handle ourselves.”

He nodded, as he stretched his neck. His memory was still hazy, his body still not accustomed to being in motion again, yet it remembered more than his head. He was a warrior indeed, and he had fought many battles. Scars on his skin told those tales. His training crept back into his subconsciousness and he stepped towards her.

“I rise, and I will defend the sector from all enemies, be they part of us or part of others. My calling is the fight, your calling is the war. I accept your directions, emissary of the Lotus.”

Next to the woman, a crate with warning labels, cautionary runes of potential infection and renditions of ritualized procedures was waiting. The crate was vacuum-sealed, with an inset display where in blue light information crawled over the screen. What was inside, the casual observer would not be able to guess, but he recognized the most important of those icons.

[size=5]Rhino Warframe[/size].

Teach me please!

When I write, I imagine a situation. Before my inner eye, it unfolds, sounds mix into the idea, and then, I grasp for the characters. It is roleplaying, to some extent. I try and gather their motivations and emotions within their own spectrum of existence and then I let thoe characters do their thing, live the situation out, so to speak. At this point, I am merely writing down what is going on, and I don't have to think much about it, as it falls into place naturally. In general, don't try to force things, but let them develop as they would. It is a lot easier once you are accustomed to seeing things like that. :)

• 1 month later...

When I write, I imagine a situation. Before my inner eye, it unfolds, sounds mix into the idea, and then, I grasp for the characters. It is roleplaying, to some extent. I try and gather their motivations and emotions within their own spectrum of existence and then I let thoe characters do their thing, live the situation out, so to speak. At this point, I am merely writing down what is going on, and I don't have to think much about it, as it falls into place naturally. In general, don't try to force things, but let them develop as they would. It is a lot easier once you are accustomed to seeing things like that. :)

What you said, sir, is very helpfull, thank you and keep up the good work :)