Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yet Another Frame Concept (Time)

RedPrimed

Yes I realize we have 101 time frames, hehe get it time frames, but I still want to put mine out there. I've had this idea for months but never actually wrote it down, now I will.

Name-Jikan

Stats 

Shield-75 (225)

Health-125 (375)

Armor-65

Speed-1.1

Energy-150 (225)

Polarity- 1 Dash 1 V 1 (I'm guessing this concept will be full of jokes) D aura add 1 Dash with prime

Abilities

1st - Freezes a single enemy in time for 3/5/7/9 seconds all damage that the enemy takes while frozen will not actually take effect until it is unfrozen but when unfrozen if the enemy is still alive it is disoriented for another 5 seconds to readjust to the time changing like that

2nd - Ages the armor of enemies in your sight removing 20%/40%/60%/80% of their armor, none-stackable (might be made into 3rd ability)

3rd - Turning back the time around your team, they gain 75/100/125/150 health and 20%/40%/60%/80% of their shield along with regaining 1/2 of the energy used in the past 2/3/4/5 minutes.

4th - Speeds up you and your teams melee speed, fire rate, bullet travel time and reload speed by 15%/25%/35%/45% and move speed by 10%/20%/30%/40% and slows your enemies down by 30%/40%/50%/60% their bullet travel time is also slowed during this time you do 10%/20%/30%/40% extra damage and take 6.25%/12.50%/18.75%/25% less damage lasts for 15/20/25/30 seconds (or does it)

Ok now start the criticizing gogogo 

Edited by Sasoka

is Jikan from some history relating to time? I find that the name helps the frame immensely 

(excalibur- swordframe

mag- magnetic)

just a thought  

Jikan simply means Time in Japanese (ninjas and all), I'm bad with naming so I went with something plain

You're optimistic.

Ikr

Edited by Sasoka

• 1 month later...

All of the frames that I've seen accepted by devs and put into the game did a few things differently:

1: they avoided numbers. This lets the warframe balance team adjust the power ideas to something they think is reasonable

2: they had more than 4. Locking the frame into exactly 4 means the frame can only be just what I want and nothing else. If dev's think your 1 should be a 4, and you haven't provided something else that can be a 1, they will probably pass on it as being non-viable.

(Devs want to be creative too, and they want to make sure it fits their idea of warframe perfectly)

3: They had artwork.

For an Idea on how to make your concept better, I suggest looking at the Zephyr warframe thread:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/121272-warframe-concept-zephyr-the-wind-elemental-artwork-included-resolved/

That being said, your powers are right on for the theme. Your 2 could be a 3 easily if it had 1 more effect, but you have to watch out for the negative armor bug. Your 3 could easily be a 4 since it has so much effective time, and its very complicated. and your 4 could be a 2 if it was adjusted correctly. So then you'd have:

1 - upgraded Freeze ability (Frost warframe)

2 - upgraded Speed ability (Volt warframe)

3 - New and unique ability (Corrosive Projection)

4 - Altered Blessing ability (Trinity warframe)

Not sure if you realized this, but I am pointing it out. They're not bad, but I think they could be worked on to make them even more unique.

I have some examples of other time-based powers that you can look at and hopefully get inspired by:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/240414-not-another-time-based-warframe-thread/?p=2788872