Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Need Tips For The Clan Emblem

KonRon

Question

Hi i'm making the logo for my clan
logo-final.png the general idea was make it match with the event emblems
I need some tips to not make it pixelated, 
and I was looking in the forums and found that some people have problems with the brights, in the image looks fine but in the game are super shiny like this

Don't be too hard on yourself, you don't have to worry about the quality of your work too much - as far as I know the max resolution is still 128x128, also bright colors get extra glow when you upload them (at least that's how it was 2 updates ago, be careful, preview does not show this perfectly - this is not the in-game glow effect which you can set to Off) so if you want details to be seen, make sure that they are distinctive.

q86d.png -

This is how our logo behaved - you can see the original png on the right:

0bk0.jpg

Notice that there are 2 kinds of glow on the emblem, one that's around it (game-effect) and one that is within the pic itself (the one that so abruptly ends at the edges).

Anyways, be careful and make sure you don't have to reupload it.

I guess I'm looking for general tips, programs to make it better or something to compress the image .png and general info about the lights/ brightness. where I'm from the price to upload is expensive and currently the way I used to buy platinum is not working so I can't pay again to fix it later.

------------------------
edit
the previus image is made in ilustrator, this is how it looked in photoshop pesadilla-prueba-bmp.png for some reason when I save it on photoshop with png 128x128 format it got very pixelated so i ended making it on ilustrator and got it less pixelated but still it dont have the quality of other emblems I saw on the forums like this RaiZu logos
here it is the .spd
Edited by KonRon

6 answers to this question

Oh, who would have thought that my logo would come back to haunt me even now :D Anyways, we have solved most of the problem by adding a slight DropShadow (layer effect in photoshop, applied without distance and you get a nice, smooth outline gradually fading from the edges). In the game you cannot see the black, it is simply translucent it seems but it takes away a lot of the after-upload glow (depending on how much you use). I would say you only need a little bit, maybe a 0.7 pixel wide black line. You might want to allow full black in the lines within your logo (the cracks) so those detailes are not lost (or less so).

Edited by K_Shiro

Just don't make the lines too thin.

Take our clan emblem for example. The lines are too thin and cannot be seen clearly when worn by the player; dojo banners are a different story since its bigger compared to the player's emblem

V1OAHYV.jpg

Here is our emblem for comparison:

t6P5Akf.png

Based on your emblem, you can try adding black outlines on the black parts. If you are using photoshop, you can try adding a stroke of 1 or 2 pixels on your layer

The thing with badge emblem is that it glows. So too much colour will make it glow very brightly and be barely readable.

To avoid that - make lines thicker.

Also increased level of transperancy will decrease the glow effect. Thus having semi-transparent (but thin) edges around the outlines can help too.