Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A great gamemode to add more to the endgame/pvp alternative

Gunthology

I just read a post about someone suggesting a game mode where two parties race through the level to see who can complete the board the fastest. lets say 2v2 , 3v3. Winner gets better loot/creds/chance at blueprints/parts ! Also its own leaderboard for every map !

I really think this will make the replayability of warframe awesome!

Pros:

Replayability

Did I mention FUN?

Competetive (satisfy the itch for players seeking this)

Cons:

Will create balance issues , some warframe being the best option for certain maps etc..

platinum/pro issue (I know its being worked on)

overpowered/underpowered warframe like i said above

I cant really think of more cons.

If this has already been posted please excuse me.

I ask the community to give feedback or add more pros / cons to this ..

Also just a random thing to throw out there.. RELEASE THIS GAME ON STEAM!!!

Edited by Gunthology

This is one way to create a more creative PvP without making a straight TDM or DM. There're also multiple concern with the current pro system and certain warframe ability/arifact.

Good example would be : 3 Excalibur VS 3 Loki. In the normal circumstance team Loki is likely to lose but if the Loki team decide to use energy siphon and cloak their way through the map? Run straight to the boss and use decoy to attract boss + fill it with lead while team Excalibur still busy killing mooks. It's a good way to get certain abilities and artifact nerfed.

I don't know about the how PvP will eventually work in this game environment, sorry.

You know that you can make a pvp mode fair and squair by just (first removing the pro ) and then no ability usage on the arena.

There is just personal builds and gear on it.

No balance issues from it, and warframes can go on with their lives without fearing the nerfbat

This is one way to create a more creative PvP without making a straight TDM or DM. There're also multiple concern with the current pro system and certain warframe ability/arifact.

Good example would be : 3 Excalibur VS 3 Loki. In the normal circumstance team Loki is likely to lose but if the Loki team decide to use energy siphon and cloak their way through the map? Run straight to the boss and use decoy to attract boss + fill it with lead while team Excalibur still busy killing mooks. It's a good way to get certain abilities and artifact nerfed.

I don't know about the how PvP will eventually work in this game environment, sorry.

Yeah this is my most concern with this gamemode balancing it will cause things to get nerfed and will lead to just chaos . A good option will be what Takamori said , just turn abilities off ? not sure how the players will feel about this for me its cool i dont mind it

or how about this .. the boss door is closed until all the mobs on the map are cleared ? this way no team can just cloak there way through

Edited by Gunthology

Another option could be having to clear mini bosses in each room to get a keycard which lets you into the next area finally leading up to the final boss. Also since the teams are 4 players you can make it so that only one warframe is allowed per team (so that way you cant just spam loki's or w/e) This would give a sense of role specificity to each player. I dont know about turning off the abilities because some warframes are more skill users then others. I really think the head to head missions would be the best option for competitive play without really making it pvp. Also the final boss could be Much tougher then most and would actually benefit from having 8 players bashing on it. Then at the end you can total up certain rewards depending on achievements. Something like

First team to enter/hit the boss room

Most dps to boss

Last hit on boss.. etc

This would make it so all players can get rewards n such.

Edited by Forsaken_Saint

I think what OP said is basically a Speed run contest. It doesn't have to happen at the same time for both team, just add the ranking of how fast a team can finish the mission. Although the mission has to be static , say maybe add a speed run challlenge mission that last for 1 week? and after that the top 10 teams get some credits/plat rewards?

I think what OP said is basically a Speed run contest. It doesn't have to happen at the same time for both team, just add the ranking of how fast a team can finish the mission. Although the mission has to be static , say maybe add a speed run challlenge mission that last for 1 week? and after that the top 10 teams get some credits/plat rewards?

that can work too .. these are all great ideas. Now lets just hope DE considers them

A great idea! An interesting addition would be NPC clones of the rival team that each team would have to fight at the end of the level.

I actually like the idea of fighting nega-warframes! lol pretty epic ideas coming together here. All in all I cant wait to see what this game brings to the table in the future a lot of potential over all.