Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Html5-Based Warframe Dojo Planner

Kuenaimaku

Question

TL;DR: version 0.7.0 on GitHub - http://kuenaimaku.github.io/Warframe-Dojo-Planner/

Hello everyone!

If you haven't been following me on twitter (you most likely don't), then allow me to explain what this is.

I have been working on a web-based dojo planner in my spare time. I wanted to do this to mainly improve my skills and give back to the community besides doing design work & Moderation for /r/warframe. There hasn't been a fully updated one in a long while, so I decided to fill the gap.

I want to stress that this is an unfinished product, full mainly of ideas and placeholder assets. Now why would I put it out there so early? three reasons:

- To get more interest in this project

- To get feedback on how it works/Bug Reports 

- To get people to suggest features now instead of later

USING THIS APPLICATION

Click the "Test it on GitHub" Link above!

Left click spawns tiles, drag tiles around on the map and they will snap to the grid behind it. right click rotates tiles. middle-mouse will delete tiles if you're hovering over it, and if you're not, it will allow you to move the camera around.

Left clicking a tile and then clicking on a color option will change the tile to that color.

SUGGESTIONS

Here are some of the suggestions I've heard/planning on working on:

- Label system (so you can label each room)

- Web-based Saves

File-based Import/Export

- Group selecting (Adding a Mark feature instead, easier on myself.)

- Non-paginated Tile Selection menu

KNOWN BUGS

- Tile placement is a bit too exact

- Menus do not block tile movement

- Resource Icons randomly appearing

SCREENSHOTS

- V0.6 Example http://i.imgur.com/jvSjEUU.png | Generated Screenshot- http://i.imgur.com/xefOxLb.png

CHANGELOG

DOJO PLANNER V0.7

This release introduces pagination and (somewhat) sane categorization for tiles. The categorization is simple:

- Connectors are rooms that have more than one door.

- Clan Halls are just that: Clan halls.

- Labs should be self-explanatory.

- Dead Ends are rooms that only have one door. Examples: Reactor, Oracle, Dueling Hall, Observatory. 

Additionally, This is also a test for larger than normal tiles, such as the halls. This also adds the ability to track your capacity.

DOJO PLANNER V0.6

This release focuses on the basic saving and loading feature I have implemented, along with a "Generate Screenshot" feature. Destroy all Tiles works now. Dojo Tier still not implemented.

Additionally, I've changed the grid-snap to 16 pixels to accommodate the straight hallway tile.

And last but not least, I've reworked the tile information (removed decor) and added a smaller version to the tile buttons, so people can see what they are.

I added a couple of tiles as well, mainly connectors. 

DOJO PLANNER v 0.5

This release focuses on the Tile Information pane that I've worked on last week. It's just a simple div that shows the stats of the room. Try to break it!

There are also some ideas I'm currently testing out: mainly the resource tracker and the "Application Options" Menu. For the former, it tracks resources as if it were a Moon clan. For the latter, It is all placeholder stuff besides the background image.

DOJO PLANNER v 0.4

This release focuses on the general mechanics of the application. I wanted to try and get the placement, color selection, rotation, and deletion parts out of the way first. So that's what this is. There's only 3 tiles because I'm still deciding on how to do the color selection in the long run.

Left click spawns tiles, drag tiles around on the map and they will snap to the grid behind it. right click rotates tiles. middle-mouse will delete tiles if you're hovering over it, and if you're not, it will allow you to move the camera around.

Left clicking a tile and then clicking on a color option will change the tile to that color.

There are also some ideas I'm currently testing out: mainly the resource tracker and the "Application Options" Menu. For the former, it tracks resources as if it were a Moon clan. For the latter, It is all placeholder stuff.

And why 0.4? The answer is because I've had some closed tests.

Thanks for reading this post, and if you want more updates about this (or anything I do), follow me on twitter @Kuenaimaku . I generally answer all questions asked on there as well!

Edited by Kuenaimaku

19 answers to this question

Interesting. Thank you for this, I'll try it out.

Cool!

Quite cool, kudos!

Please please PLEASE give me your feedback, I want to hear what bugs you about how things are implemented. I want to make this better.

How robust!

You've nailed my primary fusses with the system in your known bugs.  Even with the limited tile set, I can see this system being very useful.  In about 15 min, I did all the rough planning I needed to better visualize the scale and connections.  It works very well now as an estimating tool just for that.

I think it should be more clear where screenshots end up in file system, just as a courtesy to figure out where those images are going.  Also, uploading to imgur directly could be an option as well for quick sharing.

Going to move this over to Players Helping Players

Thanks, I didn't know if this would be accepted as its just a tool and not an actual guide.

How robust!

You've nailed my primary fusses with the system in your known bugs.  Even with the limited tile set, I can see this system being very useful.  In about 15 min, I did all the rough planning I needed to better visualize the scale and connections.  It works very well now as an estimating tool just for that.

I think it should be more clear where screenshots end up in file system, just as a courtesy to figure out where those images are going.  Also, uploading to imgur directly could be an option as well for quick sharing.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm still trying to wrap my head around making the tile snapping less exact while keeping it on a grid. as it is now, it's snapped to the origin point of each tile (which is generally the middle). Trying to do guestimations around this is something that I've never done before.

I have a solution for the menu stuff and all that, but that comes at a later date once I've finalized all the menus.

do you mean generated screenshots? I don't believe I have the ability to make it so generating a screenshot opens up your system's file browser (the "save as" feature) with what I'm using. That's why I opted for it to open up the screenshot in a new menu. If you'd prefer that way, I can look into it.

The imgur uploading is a neat idea, I'll see about working with the api for it. No promises  though!

looks great but half the parts are missing for me for some reason.

none of the labs show up

theres holes in the menu where things are supposed to be.

maybe im missing something?

windows 7 64bit chrome web browser

just in case that helps.

ill be bookmarking this for later.

Yeah, having the same issue as Demonocolips. Labs aren't loading, the second page of connectors (if there are any tiles there) are not loading. Not sure if this is an issue with the program or if it's just me. I've tried on IE, Firefox and Chrome. Win7/64 bit if that helps.

Despite that, this is an EXCELLENT tool. Thank you so much for making it! :D

I'm interested in this too, however my internet access is mainly limited to an android tablet and the planner is rather difficult to use from it. If I can get the proper assets and scaling, I may develop an android version. This is excellent though, but I don't think it's been updated in a while.