Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Was This Really Necessary? (Capping Spawn Rates In Survival)

Zachles

Wasn't a part of the difficulties to play with huge lag after 30 min? :3

Haven't already try how hard is the cap.

Was think about that since a long time.

Perhaps they should try to limit the number of room were spawn are able (near the host and that's all).

The same amouth of spawn but in a limited area, and if a player love play alone at 15 km, no spawn.

This way will help the host and the cleaning of spwan waves will be more efficient, so finally, less ennemies at a same time.

This will improve the network data transit but still got some problem for low CG how got to calculate and awsome slaugter.

And perhaps this will help to have a crew playing as a group. :3

Edited by ZeGreymane

Could've used the (not so well working) host migration checks to determine how many mobs the host can handle and adjust mob spawns accordingly.

This is a good idea.

If they capped the mob rate, they should increase oxygen drop rates.

This is my problem right here. Fewer enemy spawns, but the oxygen drop rate remain the same; negligible, at best.

We were doing T3 defense with some clanmembers. Were doing it a few days ago too. Back there we reached 40+ minutes. Now we run out of oxygen at 15 tops. What the hell?

Capping spawns already took out a ton of fun - especially since the melee would be incredibly enjoyable but since the enemies are now scarce we can't live the dream - and since DE did not think about the supply nodes and drops both depending on our kills, the survivals just became very annoying, tiring and unrewarding. Yes, they took out money as reward... that was something we had asked for half a year. Now it's implemented but "counter-balanced" in an awfully bothersome and game-killing way.

I have always had this huge problem with Derelict survivals, met too few enemies and I was unable to reach truly high times. Mentioned it a few times on the forums. Apparently noone read any of that.

Well now even with a nekros you run out of life support way too quick.

I don't mind they trying to improve the performance but they should at least compensate for it by lowering the oxygen depletion rate, or making enemies drop more personal life supports.

We were doing T3 defense with some clanmembers. Were doing it a few days ago too. Back there we reached 40+ minutes. Now we run out of oxygen at 15 tops. What the hell?

You must be bad.

My Clan did 2h+ in T3 Void, today we did 60 mins without any Problems, left with 90% Support and several unopend Support Capsules...

I ran a solo T3 survival today to around 40 minutes without any issues. I was using a low level Zephyr (did not even have Redirection on) and my only weapon capable of doing any damage was a Vectis, which is sort of a terrible solo survival weapon due to its nature. I can't see how you guys would be running out after 15 minutes.

Lag in Surv because of spawn? What? I never ever lagged as host in surv no matter how much enemys had spawned.

Then pls give us the option to set an % for spawn so people that dont have a pc from the stoneage can run with more enemys on screen.

It's not improving performance if you have to remove assets to get it to work well. Improving performance typically means stuff like texture and thread optimizations. What they have done is gimp survival in order to give the illusion of improved performance. It's the lazy way to do it.

You must be bad.

My Clan did 2h+ in T3 Void, today we did 60 mins without any Problems, left with 90% Support and several unopend Support Capsules...

Sure, I guess I (and those I play with or talk to about stuff like this) just became a noob in one day, so much that most enemies refuse to spawn for me(us). Every. Damned. Time.

I ran a solo T3 survival today to around 40 minutes without any issues. I was using a low level Zephyr (did not even have Redirection on) and my only weapon capable of doing any damage was a Vectis, which is sort of a terrible solo survival weapon due to its nature. I can't see how you guys would be running out after 15 minutes.

Solo is the key point. In solo survival the supply reduces in a lower rate. If the same amount of enemies spawn for you (and apparently the amount is the same according to DE's plans which mentioned that in the future they want to scale the spawnrates if you are going solo) that means that you have the same amount of supply replenishment with less consumption. Since the enemies are scarce, a single player can kill them kinda the same speed as a 4 player squad (since most enemies were one-shot... even without any ability or heavy stuff whatsoever).

Back in the days when I wanted to do the Derelict survivals I only had a chance to enjoy it even remotely when I did it in solo because of this since that mission type had infamously low spawnrate considering that it's actually an infested mission.

Edited by K_Shiro