Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For All Of Its Faults, Im Having Fun.

ensignvidiot

20+ Survival runs divided on both races and i only get a Dagger Stance

Immediately dropped 275 plat on the Nikana, only to find there was a better one. My ticket is still open.

Crashing every time i try to change the layout in my dojo, and a few times on a mod screen.

Auto-parry stops me from shooting on occasion, and acts as a 'reverse stun-lock' on me without reflection.

On Ceres, my tenno will randomly forget how to walk, and im forced to Die or to roll everywhere

However there was one (quite a few actually) moment, running a survival on Ceres, that i saw a few things that are completely amazing:

An Ash, activated bladestorm, and killed 18 targets. The nova present did not MP. And the Trinity present found something else to shoot. (i stood dumbfounded, amazed at the sight i was witnessing)

As a Loki, im GETTING ASKED to Radial Disarm so people can try racking up insane combos.

Rhinos, Excaliburs, Novas, Embers, Mags, and any other nukeframe ARENT SPAMMING 4. They only hit it as a last resort when they are about to get completely overwhelmed.

People rush in with Melee weapons in hand, 2 more stay behind with guns to pick off any problem units before they become a problem. (Tactics!? What is this thing you call Tactics!? ...can i eat it?)

Oh... and the kicker to all of these? THESE HAPPENED IN RANDOM PUG MATCHES.

I'm having fun again, game-breaking glitches and RNG aside. The game is enjoyable, and I have something to do other than get to MS 15 from 12. I'm getting on of EVERY kind of Melee weapon now, my Orthos prime no longer is the only thing on my back. Sure I only have the default stances with everything, but melee feels usefull and i feel like a NInja.

Not only that, but ALL of my warframe builds are changing for this new system. No longer am i maximizing for just the 'winning set' of ability(ies). I dropped over-extended on Loki in favor of Marathon. All of my 15 Armor Frames are sporting Auto-Parry (and reflection if i can swing it). Rage went from JUST Valkyr and is spreading to a lot of other frames (helps me keep Channel Combos niiiiice and long).

I can steath whole missions as loki now without invisibility or shade.

Oh, and blocking is USEFULL.

I can parry while dodging rockets. I CAN BLOCK ROCKETS. (there is nothing more bad@## than an Angry Tenno leaping from within an explosion to stab you in the face with the blade that stabbed your rocket). I CAN BLOCK SHEILD LANCERS. I CAN BLOCK ANCIENT INFESTED. I CAN EVEN BLOCK RADIAL BLAST. (havent tested on Shockwave/Anti-Moa)

All of the most annoying things i HATED in this game (100% knockdowns) I can ignore provided im blocking headon (if you are, like, 20* to the left or right of the center of Radial Blast, you will be thrown still).

Im dropping in missions to farm for more Dojo supplies and I quickly forget about the farm, and just focus on the gameplay. Gameplay that im finding, fun and furfilling.

Yes, there are a hundred bugs that need squishing, and i hope to see that Nikana turn into a Dragon when i get off from work. I just wanted to be clear, that dispite its failings, im really loving U13.

I actually agree with you. For the first time in a looooooooooooooong time, I felt the Glee. The glee of tearing apart corrupted whatever with a sword, parrying bullets and lasers and whatnot between two groups, activating SUPAHSAYAN MODE chanelling briefly to vut down a heavy... And don't even get me started on the coptering. Holy mammaries of Isis the coptering. It's like two steps away from turning a tenno into an ACTUAL choppa. That's how far it launches you. A tiny bit more and it's orbital speed.

This update is only a couple hotfixes away from overwhelming Greatness.

I'm hating melee 2.0 so far mostly because I can't bind M1 to attack when my melee is in hand w/o it removing itself from my primary fire.

As did I, but fortuantly ive been rocking the Logitech G500 mouse for everal years now.

I bound melee to one of the extra buttons.

If that doesnt work too well for you (or you dont have buttons) a clannie bound Mousewheel Up/Down to melee. So all he needs to do is move the wheel a bit to swing. Mouse 3 (clicking the wheel) can also be another solution, as its current default use is to activate the 'selected power'.

After figuring out my key bindings, i'm actually having fun so far too, also grats on having fun!

I hope other players can look at what good came out of this. I keep seeing too many posts bashing the system, DE or both. Noone seems to get that trying to make people feel like ^%#$ doesn't really do much for their motivation at all.

Frak, DE stayed until 0400 EST and i started seeing logins again at 0800 EST. They either didn't get much sleep at home, or slept in the office.

The fixes will come in time, everyone just needs to back up and take a few breaths. This is the same fiasco with Damage 2.0 when it first dropped. Forums where a nightmare then too, as was the whole system until it got fleshed out fully.

I aim to be a Giant, Obnoxious, Beacon of Radiant Light in this misery. Much like how thelight of the Astronomicon peirces the chaos of the warp.

Edited by ensignvidiot

Hydroid is awesome as well.

Invisible pirate space cannons, drowning napalms, crazy &#! tentacle flailing arms of doom and whooshing around like a tidal wave.

Combine that with cutting people in half, blocking rockets, heavy gunners, shield lancers, then dissolving them into space ghosts.

Yeah it's pretty cool.

I don't have any stance mods either, they will drop eventually.

I'm hating melee 2.0 so far mostly because I can't bind M1 to attack when my melee is in hand w/o it removing itself from my primary fire.

That was my immediate issue with it.  I just bound fire to my mouse wheel until that issue is fixed.

In my opinion, Update 13 truly is amazing. All of the new additions are really fun and even without stances, melee 2.0 is a MASSIVE improvement.

However, there are a good amount of bugs and they REALLY need to fix the drop rates for mods and number of beacons needed to get to Vay Hek. I have no doubt that DE will reduce the RNG wall on these two aspects, and when they do I will be a happy tenno.

I thought I was the only one... :)

I enjoy it too : not perfect, but enough refreshing.

(50% of the whiners must have been in the hype train too much,and couldn't handle the return to Earth. )

Nah, i think a good majority of them invested a lot of Forma into the Galatine

Nah, i think a good majority of them invested a lot of Forma into the Galatine

Yup, I also was a bit disturbed by the disappearance of charge attacks, but the new mechanics have a lot of potential.

We'll let them rage, and I'm sure they'll come back in a few days with a guilty face... :p

Yup, I also was a bit disturbed by the disappearance of charge attacks, but the new mechanics have a lot of potential.

We'll let them rage, and I'm sure they'll come back in a few days with a guilty face... :p

With the new channel mods, ive been able to get single-hits to insane damage levels. Once they figure out the odds and ends of the system, they'll come to realized that ANY weapon can be their galantine if they use it right.

Despite the fact that I can't find any mods for my whip, I'm pleased by the fact that nobody is berating me for my use of the Lecta in the first place. I'm super pleased that it's more effective than any of my guns, and I'm even more pleased that I have an actual use for my Saryn's Contagion- I can turn my electric Tesla Coil into a face-melting Vampire Killer with an ability I could never really use before. I love it so much, and when they finally get around to adressing the hate flying everywhere I'd imagine it'd get even better.

Thanks, DE. It's not perfect, but for the most part, it's still very nearly a masterpiece.

Despite the fact that I can't find any mods for my whip, I'm pleased by the fact that nobody is berating me for my use of the Lecta in the first place. I'm super pleased that it's more effective than any of my guns, and I'm even more pleased that I have an actual use for my Saryn's Contagion- I can turn my electric Tesla Coil into a face-melting Vampire Killer with an ability I could never really use before. I love it so much, and when they finally get around to adressing the hate flying everywhere I'd imagine it'd get even better.

Thanks, DE. It's not perfect, but for the most part, it's still very nearly a masterpiece.

That sound pretty awesome, actually...

I use the Scoliac with Burning Wasp.  The combos are a bit tough to pull off with whips, cause you have to figure out where in the swing you trigger the Pause or Hold steps.

Spamming Survivals on Jupiter netted me "Reaping Spiral" (Looks super cool, imho, and the finisher really adds a ton of range to the Scythe). Now my Nekros is running around with the Ether Reaper while im trying to Desc for more bodies.

I also really like the fact that I dont have to have 3 weapons on me. Ive just been going Dread/Vectis+Melee for a bit now.

Still havent had much luck from Grineer though. Found the Machette Style while Scything my way through Interceptions on Earth.

Parrying has really increased my ability to survive against high-level enemies. Lol, im no longer spamming bless to keep me alive anymore, just when allies health is starting to drop (but it rarely does unless they arent blocking!)

Oh, thank god!... I though i was the only one enjoying this update way more then U10, U11 and U12... I mean, jesus, this is the first time that i legitimately feel good playing Warframe this YEAR because the new Melee system that always felt like complete out-of-place!