Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Dragon Nikana Shouldn't Be That Powerful

NikolaiLev

I'm kind of wondering why this thread is still going on about a mediocre weapon, but I just had to note:

Weapons are viable at many levels, however starter weapons should never be viable mid-late game, definitely not at end-game.

My MK1-Braton is actually a bit of a beast, with a potato in it a few formas thrown on top. I did it just to see if I could make it a reasonable weapon. It turns out, if you actually treat it like it's something worth owning, it works out. It still needs 2 or 3 more forma, but it drops things reliably as-is.

So I'm not sure what else you're going for, but that's either a suggestion to nerf the MK1 or to buff the end stuff.

So, DE insists on making mastery rank directly correlate to power.  I don't think that's healthy for the game, as it reduces effective choices for endgame players immensely.  But it can be done well.  Just not like this.

The Dragon Nikana has about twice the damage of the normal Nikana, with bonuses to crit and stats to boot.  This is a little absurd.

I don't think direct upgrades should ever exist.  Sidegrades allow for much greater choice, and more interesting decisions regarding weapon loadout.  It'd be cool if the Dragon Nikana sacrificed status chance for raw damage, or so.

But if it's going to be an upgrade, it should only be a slight upgrade; having twice the damage just throws off the balance curve and leaves little choice for those who aesthetically prefer the simpler Nikana.

you like to see the whole world burn aren't you? can you guys please post some buff thread instead of posting these nerf thread? why you guys don't like to let us have fun? you think you are freaking awesome and clever doing all that calculation and inspection? NO, you sound like someone's mom calling his son back to home before 4pm in the afternoon and do some revision!!! NEW MELEE SYSTEM ON NIKANA ISN'T SOMETHING TO BE EVEN NERF ABOUT!!! IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE IT WILL MAKE THE WHOLE MAP EXPLODE LIKE A TZAR BOMBA NUCLEAR BOMB IN ONE SINGLE SLASH!!!! IT HITS ONLY ONE ENEMY AND KILLS IT SLOWLY *depend on what level of the enemy but still* GIVE IT A BREAK ALREADY!!!!!

Edited by Tar_Spit_Fire

2009. Full squad.

2010, post-buff. Damage in 2009 from similarly-leveled players would have been barely half of this. Full squad.

13-1.jpg

2014. Single player.

Maplestory-BasilMarket-Screen-227240-1.j

I rest my case.

No, you missed my entire point,. And that is guns are meant to get better. Its called progression. Power Creep is a valid term but one that cannot be used for this game.

Lol there are so many other stances that need a change that should come WAAAAAAAAAAAY before Tranquil Cleave gets touched.

Name 5? Also I do not think that tranquil cleave needs a change. Gleaming Talon definitely can use a touch up with the throwing ability. 4 more stances to go...