Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valk: U13 ... Hysteria Nerf?

Monolake

She has been changed quite a bit despite no patchnotes.

Hysteria:

Normal attacks do far less damage.
Using same mods on Valk and  same mods(+stance) on Ichors now (Ichors have same base stats 35 dmg, 3x crit in u13), no channelling.
before: http://i.imgur.com/l8TqgfK.jpg (not one-time high, it was consistent crit), non-crit to shield: 876
now: http://i.imgur.com/9IDtOCX.jpg is best I scored, usually even lower ~2500-3000, non-crit to shield: 334

Here is better explanation:  power mods or weapon base damage no longer affect Hysteria, only crit does  https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/134007-warframe-powers-post-u13/page-8#entry2469960  Throw your Intense and Blind rage away.

Steel Charge aura doesn't affect Hysteria either.

Hysteria has multiplier that increases with more attacks up to 2x(?) (works inconsistently as you can have it go down with each attack, sometimes it seems random, and maybe it is )

Ground slam in Hysteria acts same as with your weapon, ei with JettKitty you send enemies flying away in Hysteria as well http://i.imgur.com/DZhRHbC.jpg

Ground finisher does more damage and seems to be armor ignore.  as you see it has combo multiplier working http://i.imgur.com/OqHFfa0.jpg (standing I was hitting that for 112 only, ground finisher to Ancient who has no armor was about same numbers)

"Stealth" attack on staggered (after Paralysis) /unalert does almost no damage (40  http://i.imgur.com/7dI4PVN.jpg or 228 on crewman)

Attacks drain stamina, they didn't before.

Can use energy channelling under Hysteria (same as on melee weapons, only if you had melee equipped) - seems it does 1.5x more damage with no crit, no channelling mods, stance equipped on weapon: 502 http://i.imgur.com/NN9W3Do.jpg   753 http://i.imgur.com/sR8RLBs.jpg

(results are inconsistent with crit weapons so I dont know, MAYBE  channelling doesnt stack with Hysteria crits? thats why I though it didn't work before and with Hysteria own random multiplier messing the results)

Animation tweak and new sounds for improved feel of the ultimate.

Summary: to kill anything high-level in Hysteria now you have to do finisher attack on a downed enemy. Still equipping high crit weapons is a must, power strength mods are useless now.

Edited by Monolake

Edited with more testing results: about x2,6  damage nerf for Hysteria normal attacks, looks like.

EDIT again: Channelling is  boosting Hysteria damage x1,5, but inconsistent results with crits. 

Edited by Monolake

PsycloneM reports that entering Hysteria while wielding your melee weapon allows you to channel during Hysteria with the expected boost.  Channel-enhancing mods will not work, however.  He also reports that melee base damage is not longer added but critical stats are still.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/134007-warframe-powers-post-u13/?p=2469960

Edited by RealPandemonium

PsycloneM reports that entering Hysteria while wielding your melee weapon allows you to channel during Hysteria with the expected boost.  Channel-enhancing mods will not work, however.  He also reports that melee base damage is not longer added but critical stats are still.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/134007-warframe-powers-post-u13/?p=2469960

thnx

I made a thread about this earlier, damage seems the same to me, works fine with crit weapons as well (I use zorens). Only thing that is weird is attacks costing stamina now for some reason which is really annoying =\

I made a thread about this earlier, damage seems the same to me, works fine with crit weapons as well (I use zorens). Only thing that is weird is attacks costing stamina now for some reason which is really annoying =\

As tested, power strength  mods are no longer working, so overall the maximum possible damage is lower, but with unmoded Valk its probably better now.

Yes I checked the old footage - attacks used no stamina, now they drain it.

Edited by Monolake

- Hysteria's damage calculation no longer depends on your melee weapon's base damage, but seems to use its own separate melee counter. Your attacks deal a base 300 damage, evenly distributed between IPS. After a certain amount of hits, the base damage increases by a factor of 1.5, 2, and so on (although I have not observed a multiplier higher than 2 yet).

Oh? Now they only need to add a visible hit counter to Hysteria, so we know that without recording our gameplay and looking at the numbers.

Attacks drain stamina, they didn't before.

Which doesn't make much sense, considering that Valkyr is in berserker mode and has so much adrenalin pumping through her veins, that she doesn't feel pain, either. Maybe if exhaustion took its toll once Hysteria ends - but as long as it lasts, stamina shouldn't matter at all.

However the problematic mid air floating issue when punching in Hysteria mode has been fixed, meaning you can chain enemies much easier now and move to the next target faster.

It's not good if Warframe power mods don't boost her damage output currently and the energy boost ability does not give a lot of extra damage. HOWEVER with the animations fixed, i think Valkyr is in a great position to get further improvements together with fixing the mentiod issue of damage mods not working.

I have a few questions.

Does Steel Charge aura still affect Hysteria's damage?

does spoiled strike and point strike affect hysteria damage? Or are they worthless mods to have on Valkyr's melee weapons?

Neither Steel Charge nor base damage mods affect Hysteria now.

Edited by Monolake

Noticed pretty fast that they broke hysteria damage wise. Currently it's just an invulnerability with lifesteal. I'm glad weapons don't affect hysteria so much now, but the damage drop is horrendous as the time to kill has risen so much. Do not want combo hits with hysteria as you're punished too much for not getting past that damage hump to get real damage multipliers in a reasonable amount of time. Hysteria lasts too long, or Warcry too short, so i really don't want to be forced to rely on an ineffective melee style. Most types of melee are already better than hysteria - I don't want the slow unengaging style of hyst to weigh me down.

Would prefer either

Normalized, high damage with a tiny percentage armor ignore scaling (ie 2% per hit plus power str dmg) or

A shorter lasting, lower power cost hysteria. It's not a toggle at that point, so you still have to commit to it, but there's a little more game play flow and choice going on.

I want to be able to use a weapon with Valkyr that doesnt have to Contribute to her ult...Unless she begins using her melee wep instead of claws

Neither Steel Charge nor base damage mods affect Hysteria now.

Umm... So who uses anything but a - polarity for their frame now.

Might as well not add anymore new auras to the alerts as corrosive projection is the best aura now, bar none.

Also, make all new frames with - polarity so we don't have to waste our time forma-ing the aura slot.

Edited by (PS4)friedricetheman

Well, if anything attack speed seems to have a much greater effect on Hysteria than it did before.

She punches like Kenshiro when Warcry is on.

All animations are much smoother and faster, and the sliding uppercut is especially more responsive and tends to connect much more consistently.

the sliding uppercut is especially more responsive and tends to connect much more consistently.

This might be related to:

NOTE: Due to the changes introduced with Melee 2.0, Melee Auto Targeting is now set to ‘ON’ by default

I just hope, that Hysteria gets an animation overhaul some time soon, because it feels really weird to punch the enemy with my fingernails. Slicing movements would be much more appropriate for her new energy claws.

Hysteria has multiplier that increases with more attacks up to 2x(?) (works inconsistently as you can have it go down with each attack, sometimes it seems random, and maybe it is )

Can use energy channelling under Hysteria (same as on melee weapons, only if you had melee equipped) - seems it does 1.5x more damage with no crit, no channelling mods, stance equipped on weapon: 502 http://i.imgur.com/NN9W3Do.jpg   753 http://i.imgur.com/sR8RLBs.jpg

(results are inconsistent with crit weapons so I dont know, MAYBE  channelling doesnt stack with Hysteria crits? thats why I though it didn't work before and with Hysteria own random multiplier messing the results)

I agree with your observations except these two points. From what I've seen, after four hits Hysteria's base damage gets a 1.5x multiplier. Around twelve hits, the damage gets a 2.0x multiplier. The multiplier doesn't reset until Hysteria ends. I think what you're observing is the occasional weakspot 2x multiplier, and that's been with Hysteria for quite some time. So for instance, you activate Hysteria and hit a charger for 325, 650 for the next hit, and 325 for the next. You turn around, hit a runner for 325, 487, 975, then 487 again.

As for the channel damage, the 50% damage bonus appears to be additive. So if you're hitting a charger for 650 with the 2.0x multiplier, channeling will increase the multiplier to 2.5x. Crit damage is still applied here.

Stealth attacks do 10 base damage now. With the 4x stealth multiplier, you get the 10 x 4 = 40 that you're observing. With Dual Ichor's crit damage multiplier of 5.7x, and you get the 40 x 5.7 = 228 that you're also observing. I should also mention that you can still get 4x melee damage with Paralysis + Hysteria if you manage to bypass the execution prompt with an out-of-range running attack or jump attack.

What I learned recently is that original damage formula (300 + 1.75 x weapon damage), is currently used on ground finishers and jump attacks. So power strength and melee damage mods will apply. Ground finishers and stealth executions bypass armor, as both deal finisher damage.

Considering this is quite a big change that went undocumented in the patch notes, and considering that we were told Hysteria would not be ready for Melee 2.0, I suspect the damage loss was unintended. 

At least, that's what I want to think: suddenly losing weapon damage scaling, no longer being affected by power strength, and stealth attack executions doing piddly damage do not seem like intended changes. Perhaps the attack speed increase was implemented as a band-aid fix until Hysteria receives its rework. Either way, I'll write up a bug report.

Edited by PsycloneM

Also Hysteria's attack speed seems inconsistent. Whit my Obex i have very high attack speed (Max fury, not sure about numbers right now) but when i go into Hysteria i dont attack nearly as fast but when i go into Hysteria whit my Jatkitty i attack even faster than whit Obex.

And Yeah i do feel i do much less damage whit Hysteria.

Also Hysteria's attack speed seems inconsistent. Whit my Obex i have very high attack speed (Max fury, not sure about numbers right now) but when i go into Hysteria i dont attack nearly as fast but when i go into Hysteria whit my Jatkitty i attack even faster than whit Obex.

And Yeah i do feel i do much less damage whit Hysteria.

Indeed, I noticed the attack speed inconsistency too. Do you have berserker mod equipped? May be it is affecting Hysteria now.

...knew something was wrong with valkyr...I did notice a lot's less damage.....now...the only good thing she can do is...not die and revive the other =/

p.s. Na...she's can still be useful...just need some tweak >.<

Edited by Ninjamander

This all seems a bit silly. I thought DE had said they had indeed accounted for Valkyr in the pre-U13 devstream; did they mean, "We will take care of that in future updates" ? It certainly doesn't much seem to be taken care of; the current state is roughly what I'd expect if no one had touched her code at all >.>; Someone forget to push something, devs? XD

To be fair, her sound effects have definitely changed, and they are nicer, which I can appreciate. But I was so excited when I figured out I could channel as Valkyr... and then was crushingly disappointed when I figured out that, despite that, she'd somehow managed to get worse overall.