Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gun Kata

HavocWolf

gun kata sounds great.

but I would implement it in a complete different way.

every time you shoot an enemy you collect "kata energy"

if it is full you can press a key and your frame starts auto kill all enemies in range with guns and cool moves :D

This is why I love brainstorm like threads, that's a pretty cool Idea too. Sounds similar to building a special bar in a fighter game and use it for a finisher like Marvel vs Capcom.

I don't fully support this idea but shooting stances and maybe a warframe with gun and bullet type powers would be interesting

a warframe with a gun is kind of a nice idea, but iw ould pre to have this be avalible to every warframe, and not just to one in preticular

gun kata sounds great.

but I would implement it in a complete different way.

every time you shoot an enemy you collect "kata energy"

if it is full you can press a key and your frame starts auto kill all enemies in range with guns and cool moves :D

maybe that could be an addition like an ultimate on top of the base gun kata :D

This is why I love brainstorm like threads, that's a pretty cool Idea too. Sounds similar to building a special bar in a fighter game and use it for a finisher like Marvel vs Capcom.

lol maybe as an ulti or big finisher or something :P

I would love to say yes, but on a condition that like the agents in Equilibrium, the kata be given only to pistols.

Primary weapons have held top status for ages and melee has now just gotten some attention.  Something like this would give some huge added level of depth and reason to use pistols.

I would love to say yes, but on a condition that like the agents in Equilibrium, the kata be given only to pistols.

Primary weapons have held top status for ages and melee has now just gotten some attention.  Something like this would give some huge added level of depth and reason to use pistols.

I agree, pistol exclusive. bedsides it wouldn't/couldn't look as cool with a big clunky Primary.

I'm thinking something similar for Melee as well like the kill quick-times in Assassin's Creed 3 that can chain kill a surrounding group with awesome style but I imagine it would be difficult to implement that improvement. last I checked it would be hard to make qte's a thing and not many players like the idea.

I'm thinking something similar for Melee as well like the kill quick-times in Assassin's Creed 3 that can chain kill a surrounding group with awesome style but I imagine it would be difficult to implement that improvement. last I checked it would be hard to make qte's a thing and not many players like the idea.

I think most of the community would agree to a stark "no" to quick time events as these may slow down the game itself.  But back to the gun kata, future posts.

If I might suggest; Leave the gun kata for secondary weapons; pistols having the traditional, and throwing knives/stars getting their own stances.

Then for primary weapons; May I suggest instead of a gun kata style, a cover style.  A cover system would be great, though it would really only make sense for use with primary weapons in this game for the most part- but you could cover this with a stance system fairly easily for different weapons.  

But overall, nice idea, and would make me use my secondary weapons more often.

Maybe when Melee is actually improved and not just playing second fiddle to guns.  Until then, let's worry about Warframe damage scaling, or lack thereof?

So more high tier weapons?  Melee is no longer second fiddle now, at least when you cut out a few of the prime guns and the penta.  We just need more high damage weapons. 

If I might suggest; Leave the gun kata for secondary weapons; pistols having the traditional, and throwing knives/stars getting their own stances.

Then for primary weapons; May I suggest instead of a gun kata style, a cover style.  A cover system would be great, though it would really only make sense for use with primary weapons in this game for the most part- but you could cover this with a stance system fairly easily for different weapons.  

Completely in favor of at least a basic cover system.

if it has to be given only to pistols, then alright. But i bet that i/we/DE could figure out gun kata for assault rifles or smgs, or maybe even the launchers :P

For example: a simple spin attack while shooting with say the soma or gorgon. effective, stylish, deadly.

Edited by Brawleee

I could think of a few primary gun kata actions that would look very nice. If in the end it has to be secondaries only, then so be it. But to a cover system in warframe, i would have to say no. Not being able to use cover in warframe make it very unique amongst third person shooters. It makes you somewhat of a whirling death machine. It also gives you more insentive to get in there face and use melee or just straight out shoot them..

Edited by Brawleee

As am I; all our enemy units utilize a cover system, and AI Tenno utilize cover.  But do we?  Nope. 

Doesn't really make sense. 

Last I checked we have a cover system we can make use of. It's called crouching behind rocks, containers, pipes and ducking behind walls and corners.

The last thing I I want is for Warframe to start turning into Gears of War.

Therein lies your biggest problem, doing damage to more than one enemy, as it would then require some form of auto targeting to hit several targets in different directions without you, the player, having to move your reticle to each target - resulting in a system where you can move into a group of enemy's then begin a kata and kill all enemies without having to aim and shoot them, which goes against the point of the shooting aspect of this game.

That would require no skill at all...

Perfect for console players since they're handicapped compared to PC players.

Or in other words: all you'll ever need is Marelok.

I think most of the community would agree to a stark "no" to quick time events as these may slow down the game itself.  But back to the gun kata, future posts.

Ugh... QTEs...

One of the problems I've had with those in some games (Wiedzmin 2) is that it isn't always obvious that you got one.

The last thing I I want is for Warframe to start turning into Gears of War.

I was think Deus Ex: Human Revolution, rather.

And TBH, I doubt there's much reason to use cover more than simple crouching.

Then again, all I usually do is run around pistol-whipping enemies with (Ak)Lex/Marelok and pretend I'm

or
. ^_^

Thanks for all the feedback guys! Also, I have absolutely no desire for this to be QTE (quick time event) oriented. i want this to have as much skill as realisticly possible, while still being fun. I would also prefer this be avaliable to all guns rather than just pistols because i think i could come up with a couple or more actions for primaries. But if it has to be pistols only in the end let it be so. Keep the feedback coming =D

It could be made so that when you fire at an enemy, you second gun auto targets and fires at another enemy(closest, biggest threat, or at a certain range angle from the original target).

Edited by VergilDT

What if Gun Kata was like an activated mode/stance? 

The idea I put in my topic was to have Gun Kata be an activated mode, which I feel would best handle it.

In the Gun Kata mode animations will be changed, and while in this mode you'd gain a new stat, "Dodge", which'll be there to simulate the dodging. How it works is that its a percentage chance to "dodge" enemy fire/don't take damage from enemy fire.

Edited by Sasquatch180