Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De: Orthos Vs Orthos Prime (Not Cool)

Sirabot

The Statistical difference of these two weapons is vastly obvious when fully modded. I find it rather unfair that no other prime weapon in the game carries such a huge benefit over it's counterpart. More so the obvious reason for this post is, I would rather use The original orthos as I find it aesthetically pleasing, but on the other side of the coin, it lacks the prime's ability, both in total damage, critical chance, critical modifier, reach, and attack speed. In any one or two of these stats, I can look past, but not all of them. It's ridiculous.

Either the Orthos Needs a buff in some of these stats, or the Orthos Prime needs to be balanced with it's predecessor. 

Also, I think there is an issue with Glaive and Glaive prime as they have the exact same stats other than attack speed.

I WISH I could use the skins I bought with MY money for the Orthos on the Orthos Prime to make it LOOK like the original Orthos. Something I CAN do with my Excalibur Prime, but I guess that's asking too much. ~ Sigh. :(

I have a suggestion also, aside from letting us use skins of weapons we already own for primed variants, give us a platinum themed skin with the actual color platinum rather than gold. I don't like gold, and I'm not alone in this. Take a poll in the community to see how many people would rather have silver or platinum rather than gold. Gold ghetto... and gaudy, not ninja.

And when I say give it to us, I mean charge us platinum for platinum skins for every prime weapon and warframe. I'll pay for it. Hell, I'd even pay to use the non prime appearance on prime weapons like excal prime. That's a pretty popular feature right? I sure love it, I bet others do too. Thing is, I already paid for that feature because I own both Orthos and Orthos Prime. Progressing a weapon to prime shouldn't completely nullify something you worked for and/or care for. I don't think orthos should be able to use the prime skin for example, but I do think those skins I bought for orthos should work for orthos prime. I like the design of Orthos so much more :(

EDIT: I realize this post derailed it self several times. I figured I'd throw all my thoughts out in one post and hope someone at DE sees it.. haha

Edited by Sirabot

Or we can buff other primes to go in par with Orthos Prime.

What makes Primes Primes are their looks. How ornamental they are and incrusted in gold. Changing their looks to basic ones, or changing the gold trim will make them no longer fit what Prime is.

I find it rather unfair that no other prime weapon in the game carries such a huge benefit over it's counterpart.

Either the Orthos Needs a buff in some of these stats, or the Orthos Prime needs to be balanced with it's predecessor. 

Also, I think there is an issue with Glaive and Glaive prime as they have the exact same stats other than attack speed.

- Boltor and Boltor Prime.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

- we don't need 'more stats'. so bringing things in line with the existing content makes most sense.

- Glaive Prime flies faster, that's one benefit. which alone, honestly, is great. it's not stat creep, yet it's one of Glaives' biggest drawbacks, so it improves on that. great. you'll want it, but it's not just blatantly better.

- Boltor and Boltor Prime.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

- we don't need 'more stats'. so bringing things in line with the existing content makes most sense.

- Glaive Prime flies faster, that's one benefit. which alone, honestly, is great. it's not stat creep, yet it's one of Glaives' biggest drawbacks, so it improves on that. great. you'll want it, but it's not just blatantly better.

Ah yeah, forgot about that one. And true. I just wish All the time I invested in the Orthos, which I loved wasn't shoveled in the grave now that something so much better came along. I just want to use the orthos, but I don't want to suffer having to use a skin that isn't aesthetically pleasing to me when I own BOTH. Honestly, I leveled Orthos Prime up to 30 and never touched it again. I can't stand the way it looks. I manage just fine with the subpar stats but I've found it unfair, since they buffed orthos prime back in 9.5.2.

Well the dragon nikana does 85.1damage way more than the normal nikana but no one complains....the orthos prime is fine as it is when you consider how hard it is to get

Uh, yes they do.

Anyway primes are a dumb idea in general and I despise them.

Weapons that are much harder to get are usually much better then normal primes or upgrades. orthos prime requires 4 rare pieces while other primes require on one rare piece. That is why it is so much better, and righrfully so.

The dragon nikana requires mastery 8 and the destruction of the nikana, mastery 4, to use it. The damage is perfectly fine for all that.

That is why it is so much better, and righrfully so.

nobody needs the stats, they just destabilize the balance further. like people 'grinding' all of the sprucial shiny stuff, then playing on 'tutorial' planets and complaining the game is too easy. (though i could say the same thing about playing long Void missions with just about any Equipment, but whatever).

the stat creep isn't necessary, and as we've seen, creates a lot of odd situations (primary situation i like to point out being that prospective players will skip anything they can get a better version of, simply being 'carried' to get that Prime version that's statistically superior in all ways, completely nullifying the point of having the original Weapon in the first place, wasting Development Time and shortening the lifespan of that player, meaning Content needs to be developed even faster to sustain the player, which is already an impossible prospect, and only gets worse then).

nobody needs the stats, they just destabilize the balance further. like people 'grinding' all of the sprucial shiny stuff, then playing on 'tutorial' planets and complaining the game is too easy. (though i could say the same thing about playing long Void missions with just about any Equipment, but whatever).

the stat creep isn't necessary, and as we've seen, creates a lot of odd situations (primary situation i like to point out being that prospective players will skip anything they can get a better version of, simply being 'carried' to get that Prime version that's statistically superior in all ways, completely nullifying the point of having the original Weapon in the first place, wasting Development Time and shortening the lifespan of that player, meaning Content needs to be developed even faster to sustain the player, which is already an impossible prospect, and only gets worse then).

I own every weapon, very few of which I bought with plat, Granted I did rush a lot of things... However, it's even more so a problem now that people can just buy all the parts for a prime weapon for 10 platinum each. My Orthos is my love, I will not stand by and watch a prime be THAT much greater. And hilariously, If it was a Orthos Wraith, or Dragon Orthos. I wouldn't be complaining at all, because at least I could customize it. UNLIKE Primes.

Edited by Sirabot

The Statistical difference of these two weapons is vastly obvious when fully modded. I find it rather unfair that no other prime weapon in the game carries such a huge benefit over it's counterpart. 

boltor < boltor prime says hi 

Just give us Unprimed skins for our Prime weapons, IMO.

DE has said in the past that they want primes to retain their look because it makes them special. That's a subjective statement to be sure. we're being forced to like gold, or like sub par stats D:

Edited by Sirabot

wish i could make orthos prime look liek original orthos. its just something about a double bladed staff thats appealing compared to a double bladed.....capt hook thing..

Totally agree. only reason I don't make it is cause of it's looks. Have the parts and still don't put myself through the pain of seeing that thing.

The Statistical difference of these two weapons is vastly obvious when fully modded. I find it rather unfair that no other prime weapon in the game carries such a huge benefit over it's counterpart. More so the obvious reason for this post is, I would rather use The original orthos as I find it aesthetically pleasing, but on the other side of the coin, it lacks the prime's ability, both in total damage, critical chance, critical modifier, reach, and attack speed. In any one or two of these stats, I can look past, but not all of them. It's ridiculous.

I WISH I could use the skins I bought with MY money for the Orthos on the Orthos Prime to make it LOOK like the original Orthos. Something I CAN do with my Excalibur Prime, but I guess that's asking too much. ~ Sigh. :(

I have a suggestion also, aside from letting us use skins of weapons we already own for primed variants, give us a platinum themed skin with the actual color platinum rather than gold. I don't like gold, and I'm not alone in this. Take a poll in the community to see how many people would rather have silver or platinum rather than gold. Gold ghetto... and gaudy, not ninja.

And when I say give it to us, I mean charge us platinum for platinum skins for every prime weapon and warframe. I'll pay for it. Hell, I'd even pay to use the non prime appearance on prime weapons like excal prime. That's a pretty popular feature right? I sure love it, I bet others do too. Thing is, I already paid for that feature because I own both Orthos and Orthos Prime. Progressing a weapon to prime shouldn't completely nullify something you worked for and/or care for. I don't think orthos should be able to use the prime skin for example, but I do think those skins I bought for orthos should work for orthos prime. I like the design of Orthos so much more :(

EDIT: I realize this post derailed it self several times. I figured I'd throw all my thoughts out in one post and hope someone at DE sees it.. haha

My god these forums are killing me.

ITS FINE. Prime > Regular. RPG game gives upgrades? Say it isnt so.