Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear Tenno: Reverse The Solar System Progression. Outer To Inner

Toko

I couldn't find any mention of this on the forum but I have been thinking about the current progression. I will make my point now.

Currently the level progression goes from the inner planets of the Solar System to the outer rims of the system (Mercury to Pluto typically). However I was thinking why doesn't it start the other way around? I feel it would make more sense if you start for example on Pluto and work inwards. Of course the resources and difficulty would have to be switched but I feel this idea would make it seem like we the Tenno are liberating the Solar System from the oppressive human regimes (Grineer, Corpus) and purging the infestation.

It just feels odd that you can basically take out the top guys of the Grineer regime from the first few early planets and then you are basically from what I can tell mopping up the rest. This goes for the other factions too.

So my idea start near Pluto (the dwarf planet) or the Outer Terminus and work towards Mercury and/or espically Earth. Earth should be the target even if its a basically a dying planet. Shouldn't it be the Stronghold of the Grineer as its their home planet?

800px-Planets2013.jpg

Above: We should work towards the Sun like a moth towards a light.

Some facts:

The Grineer faction: "Vast in numbers, the Grineer have expanded their vile empire from Earth outward to all sectors of the solar system. Once the Grineer rediscovered cloning technology, they seized control of Earth through sheer numbers."

Quick official story: "They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you.

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared."

The Tenno are the protectors so why did it take this long to act to the current threat? and if we are just returning wouldn't it make more sense to come from the outer rims of the Solar System to the inner reaches of the Solar System.

Let me know what you think.

Edited by Toko

We are just now reawakening from cryosleep, but the cryopods were scattered throughout the solar system. Because the last remaining Orokin tower artifacts serve as our stronghold, and those are located on Mercury, that is where we begin.

Until story is implemented, I don't think you have much foundation to stand on for this argument. Just because Earth has some councilor we kill doesn't mean the Grineer empire collapses. We aren't invading earth, we are just attacking and sabotaging soft targets.

A person can argue the research carried out in the outer rim with Grineer body modification would be a much larger blow than killing a corrupt councilor.

We are just now reawakening from cryosleep, but the cryopods were scattered throughout the solar system. Because the last remaining Orokin tower artifacts serve as our stronghold, and those are located on Mercury, that is where we begin.

Until story is implemented, I don't think you have much foundation to stand on for this argument. Just because Earth has some councilor we kill doesn't mean the Grineer empire collapses. We aren't invading earth, we are just attacking and sabotaging soft targets.

A person can argue the research carried out in the outer rim with Grineer body modification would be a much larger blow than killing a corrupt councilor.

Grineer are from Earth like most of the other factions in the game. I didn't know about the Mercury thing and we don't actually go on planets but ships around them most of the time so I think my idea is still a valid one even if you might not agree.

Some things I will add to my orginal thread: "Vast in numbers, the Grineer have expanded their vile empire from Earth outward to all sectors of the solar system. Once the Grineer rediscovered cloning technology, they seized control of Earth through sheer numbers."

Also: "They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you.

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared."

Edited by Toko

The Mercury thing can be read in the planet's description. Another thing is, Pluto is home of the Outer Rim Relay, where the Corpus is doing science™. This is important because of plot-hooks, and DESteve knows all about this but doesn't tell anyone. He has a little locket-pendant around his neck, though, and when you open that, you see a picture of Pluto on the right and "NINTH PLANET FOREVER" on the left.

Creepy guy.

I actually really like the idea. It would make Earth feel more special when you get there, and then there are two more planets beyond to liberate as well for some special reason.

Reverse progression doesnt fit perfectly right now in the little lore we have, but things can be rewritten.

I actually really like the idea. It would make Earth feel more special when you get there, and then there are two more planets beyond to liberate as well for some special reason.

Reverse progression doesnt fit perfectly right now in the little lore we have, but things can be rewritten.

Glad you can understand where I am coming from.

The best thing about going outwards is all new areas can easily fit the world map without changing anything. It also gives a possiblity if feeling like one is going out there into the unknown.

Its easier to add new planets either way really but of course it will seem like you are making progression if you keep going outwards. It's not like I want a lot of new planets, I just feel what planets we do have are mostly wasted and only used to fill gaps in leveling up.

• 2 weeks later...

"Maybe it was made so to give a sense of progression and to prepare for a future patch were we will finally leave the Sol system into the real outter terminus to battle the "sapients" once more? (just a wild guess)"

Yeah maybe but I don't see any intention of that happening anytime soon.

We do not go from Inner to Outer, we go Venus to 'All Over the Place'. You don't even have to go to Earth.

Mercury -> Saturn

Mercury -> Venus -> Mars -> Jupiter -> Europa

Mercury -> Venus -> Earth

Mercury -> Venus -> Pluto

Mercury -> Venus -> Neptune -> Ceres

Mercury -> Venus -> Neptune -> Sedna

Mercury -> Venus -> Uranus -> Eris

The Assassination of Vey Hek is not a true crippling blow to the Grineer Empire. Disruptive, yes. It would be like killing a top member of a military junta. Everyone in his immediate chain of command is going to be in trouble, especially as their patron/protector is dead, so other councilors who don't like those officers will have a field day making their lives even more miserable. However he's not the only councilor and not necessarily the only one on Earth.

The best governmental setup I can say about the Grineer is that they are a military junta. With the mysterious Sisters at the top, councilors under them, and then various military commanders from there. I hardly think that Everest is seat of Grineer government. Maybe the C&C center for the Eurasia region of Earth, but not the whole planet.

Edited by Brasten

As most of the missions take place on space ships I still feel that if planets were to be playable that my idea could work in a way. However like I have said elsewhere my idea isn't as good from a developer stand point as progression seems easier when you are going forward and not backwards.