Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ic] The Call Of The Faithful [Open Rp]

Sumika1204

Broadcast to all Tenno in the origin system, the following message played whether in their helmets' personal communicators or on dedicated news broadcast systems used to keep them up-to-date on the latest events.

"Yes, brothers and sisters, I agree it may look odd to outsiders- us noble warriors, holding these in such great regard, calling them deities, embodiments of the duality within us all, that balances the universe. You serve balance, no? The Lotus? But she does not desire true, cosmic equality, merely that the forces of two mortal kingdoms be of matched strength.

No, we must aspire beyond that! We must lift our eyes to divine perfection! This Trinity, this Nekros, they were the first to ascend, and shall lead us, their children and humble servants, to be as they; the two, perfect extremes, but in perfect harmony.

Join the dance, the celebration of perfect balance, help us bring this gift to all who suffer from impurity. To the despoilers, we bring His death. To the faithful, we bring Her light."

Following the main message came another, stating the location where those wishing to join should come to be enlightened. To make it all the more difficult for the Grineer or Corpus, should they be spying on Tenno transmissions, the coordinates were transmitted in the form of Orokin symbols which the Tenno would be most familiar with.

Meanwhile, the Ascendants and their herald waited in their reclaimed Orokin Derelict base for those who would answer the call. The Ascendants were a Nekros by the name of Mortos and a Trinity by the name of Gaia. Their Herald was the one who voiced and sent the broadcast.

Besides the trio were other Tenno who had been awakened inside the Derelict, having been rescued from their cryopods and those first few were the initial followers, believing themselves to be the chosen of their leaders.

((Thanks to SnaleKing for helping me plan this and for coming up with the contents of that broadcast. Rules in the RP are standard for this section of the forum. Have fun, everyone! Also, just making sure everyone knows but anyone can join this.))
Edited by Sumika1204

The Bleak Veil's Captain, a Hydroid Known as Poseidon perked an eyebrow at the transmission then laughed "Ooooh I smell a good adventure awaiting our wee shores lads! Someone get on the line to this laddie! I want to discuss a few terms!" shouted the Hydroid -His accent would be a mixture of Irish and Scottish-

The Bleak Veil's Captain, a Hydroid Known as Poseidon perked an eyebrow at the transmission then laughed "Ooooh I smell a good adventure awaiting our wee shores lads! Someone get on the line to this laddie! I want to discuss a few terms!" shouted the Hydroid -His accent would be a mixture of Irish and Scottish-

Cardina, a red Vespa Nyx and Herald of the Ascension, was tending to the corrupted plants that once overran the Derelict, now relegated to sprawling decoration. The plants were hideous to some, but Cardina valued them for their dual nature; they were not truly alive or dead. The vitality of the Orokin-engineered biology was kept in check by the voracious Technocyte plague that sought to corrupt and consume the cells.

Both forces powerful and active, destined to be in eternal conflict, but one could never prevail over the other. Instead, they created something beautiful. The perfect symbol for the Church of Ascension.

Cardina was meditating on this while caring for the plants, when a nearby terminal sparked to life; someone was hailing the Church's Derelict. Excited to speak to new potential, Cardina quickly finished a few balancing touches on the plants, then ran over to respond to the transmission.

++Transmission begins++

"Hello, honored Tenno," she raises the fingertips of both hands to the base of her throat, in some kind of benedictine gesture. "I am Cardina, Herald of the Ascension. I am most pleased to see other Tenno taking interest in our faith."

Cardina, a red Vespa Nyx and Herald of the Ascension, was tending to the corrupted plants that once overran the Derelict, now relegated to sprawling decoration. The plants were hideous to some, but Cardina valued them for their dual nature; they were not truly alive or dead. The vitality of the Orokin-engineered biology was kept in check by the voracious Technocyte plague that sought to corrupt and consume the cells.

Both forces powerful and active, destined to be in eternal conflict, but one could never prevail over the other. Instead, they created something beautiful. The perfect symbol for the Church of Ascension.

Cardina was meditating on this while caring for the plants, when a nearby terminal sparked to life; someone was hailing the Church's Derelict. Excited to speak to new potential, Cardina quickly finished a few balancing touches on the plants, then ran over to respond to the transmission.

++Transmission begins++

"Hello, honored Tenno," she raises the fingertips of both hands to the base of her throat, in some kind of benedictine gesture. "I am Cardina, Herald of the Ascension. I am most pleased to see other Tenno taking interest in our faith."

The Hydroid wearing a Titron helmet looked into the screen and spoke "Greetings fair wee Lass, They call me Poseidon! Captain of the Bleak Veil! I hear you are requesting some...assistance for some cause or another? if so, we may have to talk terms on this! And don't think you can rat me out! I have a ship that has removed Grineer Ships and Corpus Shuttles more powerful then a wee Tenno lassie!"

The Hydroid wearing a Titron helmet looked into the screen and spoke "Greetings fair wee Lass, They call me Poseidon! Captain of the Bleak Veil! I hear you are requesting some...assistance for some cause or another? if so, we may have to talk terms on this! And don't think you can rat me out! I have a ship that has removed Grineer Ships and Corpus Shuttles more powerful then a wee Tenno lassie!"

Cardina seemed surprised at Poseidon's suspicion. "I assure you, we harbor no ill will towards a fellow Tenno. We are searching for those with a like mind to ours, those who search for true balance, divine perfection. If you wish to see for yourself what we have achieved- perhaps, if you are fortunate, you may meet the Divinities themselves, hear the perfect truth unaltered."

Cardina seemed surprised at Poseidon's suspicion. "I assure you, we harbor no ill will towards a fellow Tenno. We are searching for those with a like mind to ours, those who search for true balance, divine perfection. If you wish to see for yourself what we have achieved- perhaps, if you are fortunate, you may meet the Divinities themselves, hear the perfect truth unaltered."

"Hah!" chortled the Hydroid "The only truth I believe in is money lassie, And lots of it, So you want some protection or would you want to remain defenceless?" Spoke Poesidon, looking rather evil at the Nyx. 

"Hah!" chortled the Hydroid "The only truth I believe in is money lassie, And lots of it, So you want some protection or would you want to remain defenceless?" Spoke Poesidon, looking rather evil at the Nyx. 

Cardina scowled under her helmet. "Money is transitory, ephemeral and fleeting. If you wish to aid us as an expression of faith, we would be more than grateful. It is possible that other, less benign parties have detected our transmission, and your protection would be valuable."

Poseidon grinned and cut transmissions saying to his crew "Leave them! let them fend for themselves!" the rest of his crew laughed and travelled away.

After about an hour or so, -After their adventures and travels from Various planets and missions- The Tenno scout ship, The Shark hailed the Derelict, Siren first spoke on the line "Zis is the Tenno Scout ship, Shark. Requesting permission to dock"

Edited by Drakeardian

Poseidon grinned and cut transmissions saying to his crew "Leave them! let them fend for themselves!" the rest of his crew laughed and travelled away.

After about an hour or so, -After their adventures and travels from Jupiter- The Tenno scout ship, The Shark hailed the Derelict, Siren first spoke on the line "Zis is the Tenno Scout ship, Shark. Requesting permission to dock"

Cardina suppressed a sigh of exasperation when Poseidon signed off. Not everyone appreciated the necessity of true balance. It would take time for others to be ready. Until then, Cardina decided patience would be merited.

She was meditating to pass the time, hovering in the middle of the carefully manicured plants, when the terminal pinged again. She gingerly stepped around the plant's winding roots to reach the embedded terminal.

She opened the transmission, with the carefully manicured technocyte super-weeds visible behind her.

"Hello, honored Tenno." She made the same gesture as before, touching her fingertips to the base of her throat. "I am Cardina, Herald of the Church of Ascendance. You may dock at the indicated port, and I look forward to meeting you in person."

Cardina suppressed a sigh of exasperation when Poseidon signed off. Not everyone appreciated the necessity of true balance. It would take time for others to be ready. Until then, Cardina decided patience would be merited.

She was meditating to pass the time, hovering in the middle of the carefully manicured plants, when the terminal pinged again. She gingerly stepped around the plant's winding roots to reach the embedded terminal.

She opened the transmission, with the carefully manicured technocyte super-weeds visible behind her.

"Hello, honored Tenno." She made the same gesture as before, touching her fingertips to the base of her throat. "I am Cardina, Herald of the Church of Ascendance. You may dock at the indicated port, and I look forward to meeting you in person."

The Shark wasted no time in docking,at the indicated docking port, it took a while with the plants and all but Siren managed to dock successfully. The More Saner, Intelligent, Calmer and Less flirty of the group got out of the Ship. Leo, Corvo Kylie and Ana looked around at the docking port, each of them carrying Codex Scanners and Data Logging equipment for some reason, Leo motioned forward to exit the hanger.

Edited by Drakeardian

Greeting them, so to speak, were one of the Chosen who were the Teno that awakened inside the Derelict. Those in the hangar were a Rhino, a Mag and a Zephyr. They had been working on moving debris out of the way and reconstruction work in an attempt to repair the Orokin Derelict but the Zephyr paused her work to greet their guests.

Walking over and stopping a metre and a half in front of the group, the Zephyr did a bow in greeting before straightening back up. "Greetings, honoured Tenno. Please excuse the state of the facilities as repairs are still in progress." She then gestured for them to follow her. "Please, come this way." She went walking towards the exit of the hangar, keeping a slightly slower pace to ensure that the group would have no issue keeping up with her.

The Zephyr led the group to a gathering hall of sorts where they could meet the Herald but along the way, did not say anything unless spoken to first. The hall itself was one of the better areas of the Derelict as it had obviously received the most restoration thus far. The room was quite clean and devoid of rubble with the pillars, walls and floors all patched up. The lights were fully operational as opposed to the dim, flickering lights normally found in Orokin Derelicts.

Leo and the others nodded to the Zephyr as she greets them, not saying much but they continued on, following the Zephyr, the 4 Tenno were surprised at the state of the Derelict, while Ana and Kylie scanned, Leo asked "You use this Derelict as a base of operations? How did you manage to clear out the infestation?"

Edited by Drakeardian

Leo and the others nodded to the Zephyr as she greets them, not saying much but they continued on, following the Zephyr, the 4 Tenno were surprised at the state of the Derelict, while Ana and Kylie scanned, Leo asked "You use this Derelicts as a base of operations? How did you manage to clear out the infestation?"

"I asked them to leave," Cardina replied as she entered the hall. "And they left, or entered these trees, where I care for them." She eyed the scanning equipment somewhat distastefully, before returning her helmeted gaze to Leo. "Who is it I am welcoming to the Church of the Ascension?" 

Leo and the others nodded to the Zephyr as she greets them, not saying much but they continued on, following the Zephyr, the 4 Tenno were surprised at the state of the Derelict, while Ana and Kylie scanned, Leo asked "You use this Derelicts as a base of operations? How did you manage to clear out the infestation?"

"This place is where we of the Church of Ascension work from. It is also here that the first, the Chosen, were awakened by the Divinities themselves.", The Zephyr replied along the way. Once Cardina started to talk, the Zephyr bowed before excusing herself to head back to the task of restoring the hangar.

Passing through the meeting hall were a few other Tenno such as an Ember, a Frost and an Ash who were carrying various containers with them, no doubt holding materials needed for the repairs of whatever rooms they were headed to. The containers were of Orokin design, being the white, largely square-shaped ones found often in the Void and Derelicts.

"I asked them to leave," Cardina replied as she entered the hall. "And they left, or entered these trees, where I care for them." She eyed the scanning equipment somewhat distastefully, before returning her helmeted gaze to Leo. "Who is it I am welcoming to the Church of the Ascension?" 

Leo gave a small bow before Cardina "I am Leonardo, Commander of the Shark, This is Corvo my Advisor and over there is Ana and Kylie, We're here to inquire about your origins, and possibly your ability to...talk to the Infested"

Leo gave a small bow before Cardina "I am Leonardo, Commander of the Shark, This is Corvo my Advisor and over there is Ana and Kylie, We're here to inquire about your origins, and possibly your ability to...talk to the Infested"

Cardina returns the bow. "It's hardly an unusual skill for a Nyx, correct? The ability to reach into a mind, and influence it directly? Now, granted, it's usually not an easy task with the Infestation's hive mind, but the isolated pack on this derelict put up little complaint. Come," She turned around, a long, crimson and black Imperator syndana brushing the floor behind her. On her back, an Orthos prime was mounted, while Wraith Vipers were holstered on the side of each thigh.

"Let me show you the Church's garden, my pride and joy." She led them through the door she had arrived from. Elaborately maintained Orokin-infested plants spiralled in intricate patterns above and around them, in perfectly symmetrical organic fractals. "So, tell me, what piqued your interest in the Church of Ascendance?"

Cardina returns the bow. "It's hardly an unusual skill for a Nyx, correct? The ability to reach into a mind, and influence it directly? Now, granted, it's usually not an easy task with the Infestation's hive mind, but the isolated pack on this derelict put up little complaint. Come," She turned around, a long, crimson and black Imperator syndana brushing the floor behind her. On her back, an Orthos prime was mounted, while Wraith Vipers were holstered on the side of each thigh.

"Let me show you the Church's garden, my pride and joy." She led them through the door she had arrived from. Elaborately maintained Orokin-infested plants spiralled in intricate patterns above and around them, in perfectly symmetrical organic fractals. "So, tell me, what piqued your interest in the Church of Ascendance?"

"The Transmission for one, Then we triangulated the signal and it came back to this Derelict Ship, Of course we thought this would be a trap but we took the possible risk. Plus Myself, Corvo and My Cryo-technical expert, A Frost Prime known as Cross has a fondness for knowledge of the old worlds" replied Leo as he and the Decrepit Nekros followed, Meanwhile Ana and Kylie head back to the Shark and Cross quickly caught up with the Duo.

"The Transmission for one, Then we triangulated the signal and it came back to this Derelict Ship, Of course we thought this would be a trap but we took the possible risk. Plus Myself, Corvo and My Cryo-technical expert, A Frost Prime known as Cross has a fondness for knowledge of the old worlds" replied Leo as he and the Decrepit Nekros followed, Meanwhile Ana and Kylie head back to the Shark and Cross quickly caught up with the Duo.

"Oh? And where is this Cross- oh, there you are." She took a moment to observe the intricate patterns of the Garden, the artificial sunlight filtering through the technocyte-ravaged plants. "The Church welcomes any who wish to join our faith, if you would desire to help us achieve perfect balance. Perhaps," she turned to the Shark's crew, her palms turned outwards. "Would you like to meet the Gods themselves? The divine pair that leads our faith?"

"Oh? And where is this Cross- oh, there you are." She took a moment to observe the intricate patterns of the Garden, the artificial sunlight filtering through the technocyte-ravaged plants. "The Church welcomes any who wish to join our faith, if you would desire to help us achieve perfect balance. Perhaps," she turned to the Shark's crew, her palms turned outwards. "Would you like to meet the Gods themselves? The divine pair that leads our faith?"

Leo and Cross perked an eyebrow under their helmets, Corvo hmph'd , "Gods..." Obviously the Nekros was skeptical but Leo nodded to Corvo "Ah, Of course. We'd be delighted"

Leo and Cross perked an eyebrow under their helmets, Corvo hmph'd , "Gods..." Obviously the Nekros was skeptical but Leo nodded to Corvo "Ah, Of course. We'd be delighted"

Cardina touched her fingertips to the base of her throat, "Thank you. I'll return shortly when everything has been prepared." With that, she left them to observe and explore the bizarre garden.

Cardina touched her fingertips to the base of her throat, "Thank you. I'll return shortly when everything has been prepared." With that, she left them to observe and explore the bizarre garden.

While Cardina proceeds to aquire her 'gods' Leo and Cross take a moment to explore and examine the strange infested Garden "Tch, Gods. How absurd" muttered the Nekros "Easy Corvo, we're not on the Shark any-more so try to be respectful" replies Leo, Corvo just looked to the Tree and pondered "Hmm..."

Edited by Drakeardian

Mortos and Gaia were in the meditation hall at the time, Mortos kneeling in the centre of a circle on the floor while Gaia knelt in her own circle. They were on opposite sides of the room, Mortos being on the left while Gaia was on the right. Mortos was still as though he was petrified while Gaia was visibly breathing judging by the movements of her chest.

Mortos and Gaia were in the meditation hall at the time, Mortos kneeling in the centre of a circle on the floor while Gaia knelt in her own circle. They were on opposite sides of the room, Mortos being on the left while Gaia was on the right. Mortos was still as though he was petrified while Gaia was visibly breathing judging by the movements of her chest.

"So when do we meet these leaders of theirs?" Asked Cross, still looking at one of the infested plants "It'll be interesting to see what they are" 

"Who knows" Replied Corvo, Taking a seat as he leans on his Ether Reaper cane to hold himself up "For all I know, they could be simple AI's"

"Lets keep on the bridge until we cross it" Replies Leo

Edited by Drakeardian

"So when do we meet these leaders of theirs?" Asked Cross, still looking at one of the infested plants "It'll be interesting to see what they are" 

"Who knows" Replied Corvo, Taking a seat as he leans on his Ether Reaper cane to hold himself up "For all I know, they could be simple AI's"

"Lets keep on the bridge until we cross it" Replies Leo

Cardina entered the meditation hall, bowing deeply while touching her fingertips to her throat. "Divinities, there are visitors that wish to speak with you. Shall I bring them to the meditation hall, or do you wish to meet them in my-" she corrected herself, "the Church's garden?"

Cardina entered the meditation hall, bowing deeply while touching her fingertips to her throat. "Divinities, there are visitors that wish to speak with you. Shall I bring them to the meditation hall, or do you wish to meet them in my-" she corrected herself, "the Church's garden?"

Mortos and Gaia rose to their feet in synchronism and both looked to Cardina. Gaia was the one to speak, however as she replied, "Thank you, Cardina, for attending to the visitors. Please, bring them here."