Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is It True?, Is The Galatine A Piece Of @#$% Now?

Cyberspace100

Melee 2.0: Is the GALATINE any good?

I HAVEN'T tried melee 2.0 but every one is saying in the forums that the galatine is @#$%. Is it?

Here's some of what ive heard:

*With that new melee 2.0 and all charge atacks removed i can see that the balance is on the side of fast melee weapons.

*And at present, they took a cool and useful weapon and made it completely useless, because they were too incompetent to listen to all the feedback.

*Tell me, why exactly should I use my now severely nerfed melee weapon to kill basic level 20 Grineer in three channeled hits when I can kill them in one body shot with my Aklex?

*Yeah I definitely feel like the galatine got the shaft with this update. I feel your pain, I'm in the same boat, I leveled it up and loved it for being a great charge weapon. It sucks but it isn't like this is the first time they have changed a weapon enough to become useless.

Is the GALATINE any good?

Edited by Cyberspace100

Its just not completely overpowered anymore, you can still kill stuff with it.

You can kill stuff with that skana, it doesn't mean it's good. Galatine, kills enemies really slowly now, esp without a stance. However, racking up the kill counter with make it just as strong and better.

Yes, you better test it out and steel yourself for the result

from 10k hits down to barely 1k hits is more than enough for me to sell it for the weapon slot it occupies to make room for my amphis.

edit- I regret nothin the amphis is a beast >_<

Edited by H.Katsura_999

About melee 2.0 being geared towards fast weapons...

I disagree. COMPLETELY. Myabe you should think through the new system a bit before judging it?

While most melee weapons seem on par with one another, there's now a distinction between fast and slow weapons. Most people bash slow weapons because it builds combo multipliers more slowly.

But truth is, both heavy and light melee weapons are good, but have their own niche, Dragon Nikana notwithstanding. The light weapons, as I said before, build combos much faster. However, some stances have combos which deal many hits for less damage. This makes it terrible for holding down the channelling button.

Heavies, on the other hand, still build combo multipliers but much more slowly. But it's offset by the more devastating combos, and it's suitability for channelling attacks, since the fewer hits you do for the same damage, the less energy you spend while channelling.

At any rate, they're all still good stuff. It's just that now the Galatine isn't the only player in town. Try it out. Asking on the forums can only get you so far.

About melee 2.0 being geared towards fast weapons...

I disagree. COMPLETELY. Myabe you should think through the new system a bit before judging it?

While most melee weapons seem on par with one another, there's now a distinction between fast and slow weapons. Most people bash slow weapons because it builds combo multipliers more slowly.

But truth is, both heavy and light melee weapons are good, but have their own niche, Dragon Nikana notwithstanding. The light weapons, as I said before, build combos much faster. However, some stances have combos which deal many hits for less damage. This makes it terrible for holding down the channelling button.

Heavies, on the other hand, still build combo multipliers but much more slowly. But it's offset by the more devastating combos, and it's suitability for channelling attacks, since the fewer hits you do for the same damage, the less energy you spend while channelling.

At any rate, they're all still good stuff. It's just that now the Galatine isn't the only player in town. Try it out. Asking on the forums can only get you so far.

This bears repeating. Solid analysis of the situation, Fast looks better on the surface but with a little tiny bit of thought and effort Heavy is just as good.

Edited by ValhaHazred

Melee 2.0 is about the stances now, not the weapon itself. but yeah with the proper stances you will still benefit from the galatine, me on the other hand  i'm still farming for the stances for heavy melee weapons while i already have a staff stance by pure luck and that is why i sold the galatine for now until i get the stances.

Edited by H.Katsura_999

If it retained its high crit rate it would be a lot better for normal hits but as people have said it sucks without a stance mod... currently using channeling and a stance mod is the only way to get this weapon anywhere close to what it was but once you do its just as effective at dealing damage as anything else. On a side note its a S#&amp;&#036;load easier farming stance mods for this than it is the (Dragon)Nikana...

Edited by Temporary

Of course, but i got the weapon only 10 days before melee 2.0 and I loved it to hell? It would really suck if it isn't even half decent anymore?

Oh please, tell that someone who had 5 formas on his acrid before damage 2.0

^^

No, its the way it goes here, I for myself am veryh appy that amphis is a beast now, I hated the hell out of greatswords anyway.

It's roughly balanced with most of the other melee weapons. 

It's not as good or better than the Primes in general anymore, but that's apparently DE's vision for weapons. Balance everything about equally, except make the Prime versions flat out better so that endgame choice is just one weapon per class instead of 2 to 4 or more in each class.

If you're not a fan of slow swinging, swirling weapons? Then yeah, it is. I build it more for the charge attack, myself, and that's gone. So to me, Galatine is less useful. Moved on to the Dragon for stealth strikes when I don't feel like Dual Ichoring.

It uses the Heavy Axes (or just axes? I forget) stance, however, which gives it combos that let you do nutty swings, so. If that's your thing? More power to you. Seen people enjoy it in the Dark Sectors.