Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Door Heroes

YourBusDriver

I posted this on another tread:

My solution to this problem, not a punishment system, but a system that alerts/informs the player/s of what they are missing out.

7s2ugmi.jpg

Obviously it focus on the part were both the squad and the door heros aren't winning shared xp, but theres also the part were the door hero kills all the fun for the remaining squad, and also the fact door heros aren't taking in mind the objective.

Edited by 7grims

Not even gonna lie.

For the first month or so during my time in this game, I was what you may consider a door hero while in pubs. I would shoot my Tetra into enemies just walking outside of the room or Nova spam the spawn room.

Now I play solo and have no opinions on the matter.

I posted this on another tread:

My solution to this problem, not a punishment system, but a system that alerts/informs the player/s of what they are missing out.

7s2ugmi.jpg

Obviously it focus on the part were both the squad and the door heros aren't winning shared xp, but theres also the part were the door hero kills all the fun for the remaining squad, and also the fact door heros aren't taking in mind the objective.

That would be awesome. Really awesome. 

Yea, but it defeats the team aspect of Warframe. 

Well too be honest it is more effective to play the way where everyone kills as quick as they can, like a door hero and not just sit at a cryopod of artifact and wait for this enemy to come and shoot it. 

Not even gonna lie.

For the first month or so during my time in this game, I was what you may consider a door hero while in pubs. I would shoot my Tetra into enemies just walking outside of the room or Nova spam the spawn room.

Now I play solo and have no opinions on the matter.

Lol, yea. 

Well too be honest it is more effective to play the way where everyone kills as quick as they can, like a door hero and not just sit at a cryopod of artifact and wait for this enemy to come and shoot it. 

no need to defend a pod if every enemy dies before they can get near

On void missions, if the enemies spawn up stairs, they can just waltz over and snipe the pod from the balcony. Once the enemies get up into the hundreds it only takes several seconds for the pod to be destroyed. And if everyone is in another room, you're s*** out of luck.

Edited by YourBusDriver

Yea, but it defeats the team aspect of Warframe. 

The team aspect of this game does not factor into how I play unless I am in a pre-made lobby.

All other cases I play like I am going solo (Mostly because I am playing solo)

The team aspect of this game does not factor into how I play unless I am in a pre-made lobby.

Door hero implies that you aren't playing alone, so in your case you avoid playing with others entirely. That seems to be the case nowadays. I see less and less people playing open matches. And if they play with others, it is with clan, or close friends. 

well door heroes are the perfect example of stupidity, they loos affinity, we loose affinity, everybody loses. I think it is in part DE's fault though because the game itself does not prevent door heroing, and the affinity factor is something a bit obscure i think that a visual confirmation of affinity sharing would be very useful, something like the current como multiplier, if we are inside the range of affinity we should see a x2 indicator if 3 are in the party then it would be a x3 and in full party would be x4 if one person in the party gets too far the multiplier would show this by going down to the corresponding value.

no, if u join a public match you are not playing solo, even if u pretend to be and even if u think u r such a badass for saying the stupidest thing ever said in this forums, you are still playing with other people, the question would be WHY you join a public match if u consider you are playing solo? u cant take it alone? do you need others to go further in a survival mission? then you are defintely NOT PLAYING SOLO.

well door heroes are the perfect example of stupidity, they loos affinity, we loose affinity, everybody loses. I think it is in part DE's fault though because the game itself does not prevent door heroing, and the affinity factor is something a bit obscure i think that a visual confirmation of affinity sharing would be very useful, something like the current como multiplier, if we are inside the range of affinity we should see a x2 indicator if 3 are in the party then it would be a x3 and in full party would be x4 if one person in the party gets too far the multiplier would show this by going down to the corresponding value.

That would certainly help! 

no, if u join a public match you are not playing solo, even if u pretend to be and even if u think u r such a badass for saying the stupidest thing ever said in this forums, you are still playing with other people, the question would be WHY you join a public match if u consider you are playing solo? u cant take it alone? do you need others to go further in a survival mission? then you are defintely NOT PLAYING SOLO.

But I am a badass... 

forever-alone-face.jpg

Edited by YourBusDriver

Door heroes aren't that bad.  You know what is bad though?

>Player uses air pod at 85 percent.

>Hey Player, please do not use air pods until the air has decreased by 30%

>Player uses air pod at 90 percent.

>Alt+F4

Edited by Ishki88

Door heroes aren't that bad.  You know what is bad though?

>Player uses air pod at 85 percent.

>Hey Player, please do not use air pods until the has decreased by 30%

>Player uses air pod at 90 percent.

>Alt+F4

I absolutely hate those, I told a guy not to just instantly use the pod and he was like "okay" 5 seconds later he activates a @(*()$ pod when we were are 96%.