Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion On How To Repair What Melee 2 Has Ruined

blackstraykitten

Equip a rifle or a pistol, or a shotgun

Hold E

You're welcome.

Too smug for me.

Let me rephrase.

A stance that is for throwing when you have selected glaive/kestrel in your hand.

Slashing air twice to be able to throw it as a third hit, kinda missing the point of a throwable weapon don't you think.

But imagine a stance that uses the full potential of throwing weapon.

Doesn't that sound like fun?

I don't feel like typing out my whole argument against putting charge attacks back in, so I'm just going to quote it in.

Charge attacks were removed because they do not fit the design of Melee 2.0. Melee 2.0 is meant to make Melee viable by decreasing the danger of closing distance between you and the target(parrying), increasing the damage output(damage buff) and decreasing the time it takes to finish one target and transfer to another(channeling). Charge attacks were a trade off. They traded time for damage, which is against the idea of reducing time to finish an enemy and move on. Channeling is designed to have the same impact as charge attack(more damage if you need it), while still fitting into the new paradigm of Melee 2.0 by not trading time, but trading energy. Charge attacks will never fit into Melee 2.0 because they are incompatible and if implemented in addition to channeling, they would undermine it and cause people to use charge attacks because they are "Cheaper", thus causing Melee to become slow again.

I'm not saying that there aren't weapons that need to be rebalanced because they were originally intended for charge attacks, just that charge attacks shouldn't be in melee 2.0. Here's an ok solution that is in parallel with the old paradigm of charge attacks; some weapons have a larger channeling damage multiplier. Weapons that did more damage with charge attacks now do more damage when channeled. Now heavy weapons are unique and have actually different gameplay. Heavy weapons can't out damage light ones, except when they channel. Channeling costs energy, so you can't just run around and only channel, but when you do channel, you do dramatically more damage than a light weapon ever could.

Remove the option for the glaive and kestrel to parry (I can acept a few things, deflecting bullets with a boomarang is not one of them) and bind the throw option to the right trigger.

You can parry with a ceramic dagger.

The scoliac also received a hit with melee 2.0. Its charge attack used to deal corrosive damage but with charge attack being replaced by channeling it lost the ability to do that.

*sniff*. My poor Scoliac :(

Too smug for me.

Let me rephrase.

A stance that is for throwing when you have selected glaive/kestrel in your hand.

Slashing air twice to be able to throw it as a third hit, kinda missing the point of a throwable weapon don't you think.

But imagine a stance that uses the full potential of throwing weapon.

Doesn't that sound like fun?

At the moment, it's a glitch

They are planning on changing it to just hold e to throw, but something's interrupting it.

And I have to disagree with all of this, especially charging.

The new melee system is a lot better, and removing charging made melee more varied then "Choose best charge weapon charge".

Buff the damage on the heavier weapons, and that's all they should do.

If you equip your melee, it's for combos, not for throw.

That's nonsense. It's not supposed to be the way it is currently. It's going to be changed soon, apparently. I look forward to the day when I can equip melee and not have to swing once then hold. That isn't very fluent either.