Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Smg's (Sub Machine Guns). Warframe Only Has One!

Cyberspace100

I wonder if DE will ever scrap the "Ninja" tag line.

We are not ninjas we have not been for a very long time.

Many of the machine gun pistols fit everything you have described.

I don't get what you mean. We run on walls, perform godly acts of martial arts and combat, strike at any location we wish to attack, and have powers beyond what mere mortals have. We are totally ninjas. No, not literal ninjas, pop culture ninjas. The ninja most people think about when you bring it up.

Also, OP, yeah, most machine pistols fit what you want. But we couldn't totally use another SMG

I don't get what you mean. We run on walls, perform godly acts of martial arts and combat, strike at any location we wish to attack, and have powers beyond what mere mortals have. We are totally ninjas. No, not literal ninjas, pop culture ninjas. The ninja most people think about when you bring it up.

Also, OP, yeah, most machine pistols fit what you want. But we couldn't totally use another SMG

when I think Ninjas I think of actual ninjas, not ninjas that are in no way ninjas (like Warframe) due to the fact we murder everyone (Ninjas tried not to kill because a dead body was difficult to hide and you would have to clean up the blood so it made sneaking around a million times harder) we don't bother hiding at all (unless you're Loki/Ash) and our weapons (which if we were ninjas we'd only use in emergencies) are not silent except for bows and throwing weapons

ALL FEED-BACK WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!!

We can start with these two being Machine Pistols due to their barrel lengths.

That's the major difference between an SMG and Machine Pistol is the definition of a carbine, which is largely denoted by barrel length. 

SMGs are largely outdated due to Machine Pistols performing an identical job in a more concealable package. 

Now, we have THREE SMGs in the game, Grakata, Cestra and Dual Cestra. These weapons all have a barrel length that comes up around a Carbine's, the Cestra being a rather close call on the matter.

Edited by AscendantWyvern

Cestra is a single handed weapon though, so it strikes me as being more of a large machine pistol.

You're definitely correct about how SMG's have largely been superseded by machine pistols though. SMGs occupy an iffy middle ground between MP's and Assault Rifles these days.

Edited by MirageKnight

Sorry to be technical, but SMGs fire pistol bullets, so all the automatic sidearms could be called SMGs.

Technically the AKS-74U (In videogame standards) is an SMG. While yes it does bridge between both assault rifle and SMG, it still uses a rifle cartridge. Still, Machine Pistols still look like - for the most part - pistols, not shortened down rifles.

Technically the AKS-74U (In videogame standards) is an SMG. While yes it does bridge between both assault rifle and SMG, it still uses a rifle cartridge. Still, Machine Pistols still look like - for the most part - pistols, not shortened down rifles.

The AKS-74U is a carbine, but it isn't an SMG...there is no question about it. An SMG's definition is to be a select-fire carbine that fires pistol ammunition. 

Yes, you stated video game standards...but by video game standards...all of the automatic pistols in Warframe are SMGs.

Edited by AscendantWyvern

The point of this post is simple:

MORE SMG'S (SUB MACHINE GUNS). WARFRAME ONLY HAS ONE!

ALL FEED-BACK WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!!

All feed-back would be appreciated, that's good to hear. My post/reply deviated a bit from the topic, but it was also in response to another person's reply, so I guess I should first apologize for that.

You are an idiot. Those are machine pistols

Now the above response to my reply, does not show appreciation to what you have said about "All feed-back would be appreciated".

I wonder if DE will ever scrap the "Ninja" tag line.

We are not ninjas we have not been for a very long time.

Many of the machine gun pistols fit everything you have described.

Sorry to use this quote again, but to the OP I was just replying to this post/reply. In particularly about the "Ninja" part. But again, I will apologize since I did deviate from what your topic was about.

1. We are ninja

2. Afuris, Akstilleto, Vipers.

As for this one;

1. We are barely what can be called "ninja". We are more like warriors with acrobatic/parkour skills that also happen to have special powers/abilities to assist us. Some of the frames don't even fit the "ninja" role.

Side note:

Because of the lack of stealth content in this game, and bad AI design, stealth is only an option if you are patient enough to spend 20-30+ minutes into the game, being careful not to set off alarms and/or spook enemies while killing or just trying to get by the mission.

2. As for the issue with the machine guns/sub-machine guns. I don't mind having more. At the moment, the vipers (dual variants as well) aren't that great. They are severely lacking, even if you potato them and forma them, they are still lacking. The furis (dual variants as well) are also lacking, they are at least just a little bit better than vipers but are still lacking.

The only decent-ish one, is probably the akstilletos. They are basically a miniaturized version of the soma (crit isn't as great as the soma).

Back to this topic, I don't mind more SMGs since we don't have alot of good ones. Heck, in my opinion we only really have one decent one (mentioned above). I can only hope DE can come up with more ideas for SMGs (not really holding my breath, but when they do, it's always interesting to see what they produce).

It would be nice to have a silencer type SMG or at least one with a suppressor to it (without mods, just there by design and actually works like it should/designed to).

exactly what benefits would an smg have over a full blown rifle?  atm it would only be cosmetic reasons, if you have an actual smg then technically its going to have less ammo than a rifle, less damage, less everything, a bit like..............o yeah the automatic pistols we already have.

The thing is i dont think that itd be that possible to release numerous machine pistols that would be different.

They all would just be low damage, high rate of fire, with medium/high crit chances o.o
The only difference would be that one would do Slash damage, one would do Punture, and one would be Impact.

Has one not learned from the "machine pistols" currently out? :3

when I think Ninjas I think of actual ninjas, not ninjas that are in no way ninjas (like Warframe) due to the fact we murder everyone (Ninjas tried not to kill because a dead body was difficult to hide and you would have to clean up the blood so it made sneaking around a million times harder) we don't bother hiding at all (unless you're Loki/Ash) and our weapons (which if we were ninjas we'd only use in emergencies) are not silent except for bows and throwing weapons

Really? Cuz I think of things like this:

or this
or this

You know, nothing like what happens in real life considered what happened in real life was a bunch of crouching, climbing, hiding in shadows, running away, stabbing and running away, getting caught, and dying, as opposed to fast high octane action warframe is trying to be.

Cestra is a single handed weapon though, so it strikes me as being more of a large machine pistol.

You're definitely correct about how SMG's have largely been superseded by machine pistols though. SMGs occupy an iffy middle ground between MP's and Assault Rifles these days.

Between machine pistols and carbines, not full assault rifles.

Basically there are two advantages SMGs have over carbines in the field. Lower recoil and less chance of the bullet going straight through a body. SMGs are purely anti-terrorist weapons nowadays, since terrorists tend to be unarmored men operating in populated areas. When the only non-combatants in missions are important people that you rescue, and there's no friendly fire anyway, punch-through is actually a boon. As for the recoil, you can't disable or kill an enemy in one shot in Warframe unless it's from a weapon with heavy firepower.

I was not addressing you with my comments, so you seemed to have missed the point:

We are not Ninja's. We are ninja.

Oh, I know. Sorry I kinda just used your response to help along with my point with the OP and also try to bring the topic back, since he felt offended somehow with my deviation from the topic. Anyway. What do you mean by that? "We are ninja"?

Actually, to be realistic, SMGs (many modern ones, to say the least) are effectively machine pistols, excluding some of the fairly new stuff that fire rifle calibre rounds.

Often the only differences between SMGs and machine pistols are the chambering mechanisms.

In the end they will serve almost no purpose in the game, as extremely high fire rates will blow through ammo without really giving decent damage output or kills.

I like the SMG aesthetic but there's no real role they could fill that isn't already filled just as well by a rifle.

Grakata is baby Soma and Soma breaks the game. There's really nothing more to add unless we just ride the mimicry train and make a non-hitscan Corpus clone of Grakata that somehow managed to lose its crit rate and status chance because the Corpus tend to do that somewhere along their engineering process. Oh crap, that's the Tetra, isn't it?

I think this video sums it up pretty well

While the history lesson was appreciated, the response/answer was not what I was expecting. There is a lot of things I wanted to say about/comment about the video you presented but.... I will reframe from doing so, because I don't feel motivated enough to get into a debate about it.

Anyway, back on topic. OP, you should try to come up with original ideas for your SMGs. While it is fine to take examples from already existing ideas (in-game or in-real life), it doesn't give DE much is creativity (although they are paid to come up with content and so forth), but you are trying to present your ideas to them. At the moment, you don't have a clear design of your own.

Edited by VoidWraith

excluding some of the fairly new stuff that fire rifle calibre rounds.

Those are carbines, and that's a term that's always been applied to rifles that are made shorter than usual for mobility purposes (first use was by cavalry).

Edited by HiroProtagonest