Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback On Melee.

Dalu__Ka

- Heavy swords/axes and Hammers have fallen behind the rest of the weapons in terms of damage. They do between 1/2 and 1/3th of the damage most other weapons do and have a lower attack speed. To justify these lower stats, there should be a compensating factor besides the knock down effect that a lot of other weapons also have.

Perhaps higher crit/status chance or a damage buff would be a good compensation.

- Dual Daggers

Dual daggers have the same speed as the heavy melees. 0.8 is far to slow to justify the low damage and short range.

For these weapons I would suggest a "big" increase in attack speed. 1.2 or 1.4 would make these weapons far more useful.

-Obex

The obex should be able to stagger enemies, just like all other short range melee weapons.

-Furax

The furax could do with a damage buff, to make it an alternative to the faster Ankyros.

Edited by Tenn00b

*Note that heavier weapons typically have much greater range and wider degrees of attack, making them much more "accurate" as well as greatly increasing their capacity for hitting swarms of things. I'd be interested in how you are deriving your comparison of 1/2 to 1/3 the damage of other weapons. Specifically which other weapons you are referring too, and which weapons you are comparing. 

*The issue with increasing dagger attack speed is that their combos would become much too difficult to pull off for the general user, which would invalidate them for many players. I instead propose that daggers be given some sort of gimmick to both define them as well as give them some added damage so that they are a more viable weapon. Higher crit chance, or bonus damage from attacking behind or from stealth would be appropriate. 

*Not all melee weapons stun. Many of the daggers do not. That said, I do agree that the Obex should be one of the ones that do. 

Adding to your list of suggestions; I would like it if there was a visible combo meter near to your character to assist in the timing of combos. It is difficult to keep track of your own animations or mouse clicks in the heat of battle, and such a utility would greatly assist people who are still learning the system. 

EDIT- pff, angles. 

Edited by Acos

"The issue with increasing dagger attack speed is that their combos would become much too difficult to pull off for the general user"

I do not think this would be the case. If it were, then why would we have any weapon with a speed greater then 0.8?