Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Tell Me Venus Is Next

Tuxie

@i1oBADR1i

Depends on how you define hottest.

On the side facing the sun mercury is incredibly hot. On the side in the shadow it is incredibly cold.

Venus on the other hand is super heated and wrapped in greenhouse gasses, meaning that its hot all over. Just not as hot as parts of Mercury.

isnt mercury the hottest?

You'd think so, but learn a little bit about the planets in our solar system. The average temperature of Mercury is about 442.5K whereas Venus has an average temperature of 735K, Venus is covered by a thick coat of atmosphere, that means heat has trouble escaping.

Please tell me the next planet to be worked on is Venus, considering that it is the hottest planet in the solar system, an icey outpost just doesn't make sense.

I always thought the Orokin figured a way to make it all cold like that...but yes, please make a new tileset for this :c

isnt mercury the hottest?

Venus is way hotter on average, and extremely hostile. Mercury is a hot rock, plane and boring (aside from days literally lasting longer than years). Venus is covered is acid clouds and has rivers of molten lava running across its surface. Venus is probably the most awesome option to make a surface version of.

The environmental dangers of Venus could be quite interesting, acid rain, flowing rivers of magma, fire and brimestone everywhere.

Edited by Mastikator2

Why not just move the Phobos maps to Venus and the Venus maps to Phobos ^^

That wouldn't make any sense. There are no blue skies in Venus, only clouds of death. Also, it's probably not that hard to terraform phobos into a desert wasteland.

The real problem with phobos is the high gravity. The gravity of Phobos is 0.0057m/s^2, that's 0.058% of the earth gravity. A person that can jump 1 meter in the Earth's gravity can jump 1700 meters on Phobos.

It would be interesting if everyone had jetpacks to steer themselves or something on Phobos, it's not hard to use your imagination to make it scientifically remotely accurate and fun.

Logic in a game? Madness!

There's no logic in Warframe 'coz it's sci-fi universe :D.  Many planets won't fit into ppls imagination of how they should be. Let's see few examples:

Neptune - there are some arctic tilesets if I recall, however Neptune is pure gas planet, 

Venus - same arctic tileset out of nowhere, 

Mars - well, this thing I can't stand, Nef Anyo is placed on Arctic tileset on Mars, wtf? 

and many others.....

Only planets so far that have tilesets adequate to their natural environments are : Jupiter - Corpus Gas Facilities, Ceres - rainy Grineer Shipyards, Europa - arctic tilesets, Earth - forests.

We should take Warframe as it is, as sci-fi game. See.... it was many milleniums since our times, many environments on many different planets could change right?  

There's no logic in Warframe 'coz it's sci-fi universe :D.   

Sci-fi is supposed to follow logic, otherwise it's just fantasy. It's supposed to take what we know and extrapolate into what we don't really know, speculating and guessing what -could- be.

Ice on Venus, without an explanation as to why that flies against everything we know about Venus, is fantasy.

Just in case they implement it all - I would not mind if they add more nods inside of some planets such as Pluto, Mercury, Venus, Earth and some other planets that have very small amounts of them.

About a logic: there is non in this game. Hopfully not yet.

Edited by YourMoms

Started playing warframe right before Earth tilesets were put in. Obviously started on Mercury. "Not exactly how I pictured Mercury but it's believable ." Step foot on Venus, "My God what have they done to you." I'm not going to lie, due to Venus having the exact opposite tileset as it should,Venus was going to be the end of my road as a Tenno. But I still loved the feel of the game. Then when I hit Earth I realized the tilesets were repetitive. (Earth before the forests). Luckily that was the same time I discovered the towers. Left the star chart for almost a month. But returning to Earth was a beautiful (and green) experience. Oh right, we're talking about Venus . Yes please fix this, it's the 2nd planet that noobs hit and I wouldn't be suprised if many of them end at Venus.

Earth Survival:  You're running out of oxygen in a forest Tenno!  Find more oxygen!

I thought about that before. It says we run out of life support not oxygen x meaning there is another dependency that is lacking for the tenno that the grineer etc dont need.