Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #27

[DE]Rebecca

What is going to be done about "0 tax" and "permanently contested" Dark Sectors. I've never even been to enter one because they're contested every single time i have the urge to play. Could we see a week-long "Cease-Fire" and heavy penalties to the invader if they lose? And heavy penalties to the "good samaritans" who give no reason to fight for the invader?

Is there any talk of turning certain mods into mechanics rather than mods?

Two examples: Parry and Handspring.

Has there been discussion over reducing the scaling of the damage mods such as Serration and Hornetstrike?

How customizable will the Kubrows be?

When can the new A.I. tweaks be expected, and will Stalker be "upgraded" into Melee 2.0?

Can we expect any changes done to any of the Warframes soon?

Is there discussion over what the forums call Armor 2.0? Specifically Warframe armor.

Also will we possibly be getting a rapier or lever-action shotgun in the future?

Edit, had one more question: Is there a possibility in the future of us getting a Grineer based Warfame, or a Gunslinger/Cowboy?

And if we get the latter can we have a cowboy hat?

Edited by Sasquatch180

Really enjoying the foundation of melee 2.0, but I have some questions/concerns:

Q1: Why is it necessary to lock gameplay behind RNG walls?  I have finally managed to find two stance mods, but one is for the whip (and I don't like the combos) and the other is for...gloves? I don't have the weapon that it applies to.  I have lost all desire to hunt for stance mods, other than for the mod capacity boost.

Stances would make so much more sense as permanent, switchable options always available in the arsenal.  They don't need to be leveled up, gameplay isn't locked behind rare RNG, reduces frustration, and reduces mod dilution.  Then you could actually get feedback from casual/new players!

Q2: Now that melee 2.0 has launched, are there plans for adding more grip types/animations for melee weapons?

Things such as thrusting swords (Rapiers?? PLZZ??), flails, or even nunchaku?

Could you tease some Focus?

What about Quest system you mentioned some livestreams ago?

Which planet will get an overhaul next?

Kubrows: how they will work and do you plan to add more pets after Kubrows?

Which is the next boss being reworked?

Will something be done to either improve the RNG for Mods drops with something like a streak breaker system or removing the cluttering of mods in the drop table by doining something like removing unneeded mods like ability mods and moving them to be purchasable in the market? This update showed how lost the Stance mods were lost in the drop tables and something needs to be done before even more mods are added to drop tables. 

Edited by Zenetos

» Is there any chance we can get more dagger type weapon or buff on it?? like prime version /vandal / wraith version ??

there is only 3 on game for now

-ceramic dagger

-dark dagger

-heat dagger

and 3 of them not do much damage like other weapon

homing fang is good stances altough, but unfortunately we haven't good dealing damage dagger weapon type

» It will be good if the stance can make finisher moves like this when the enemies health on critical (i mean critical Helath enemies=stagger)

- the grim furry stances for example http://youtu.be/-sL4No3n-S0?t=41s

» when the immortal skin for trinity released ?? and syandana based by warframe on previous devstream ?

Edited by eruzet

Thank you guys for being so informative with your player base!

Q1.  Would you guys consider staggering the Dark Sectors so they aren't all in conflict at once?  My only day off in Monday, and they are always ALL in conflict on Monday so I never get to utilize the Dark Sectors.  My idea was 6-12 hours each planet.

Q2.  Would you consider having stance mods obtainable from something other than enemy drops?  For example, mission rewards.  Interception doesn't drop anything unique other than Natural Talent to my knowledge.  Although there is only one, which leads me to...

Q3.  Do you guys plan on putting in more Interception missions?  They are challenging, but with some good rewards they could be quite fun!

Thanks again for being such an amazing development team!

Any plans or new ideas on how to reduce grinds? It seems with each new content release that there's just more and more grind added without much diversity on the missions at all. Just spawn in, grind, and wait up to tens of hundreds of possible hours to just get one mod, or buy it from another player; a "pay to win" game style it seems now, or a "pay for content" gameplay.

There have been several complaints about the stance mods RNG, Does DE plan on making it easier to obtain these melee stances on higher level missions(rare mods)? or do you plan on incorporating them into the market since update 13 is intented to push players to use melee instead of weapons? There many players both PC and PS4 who are really starting to think about the time spent on Warframe and how quickly game issues are resolved particulary on PS4. What are DE's plans for deploying faster fixes regarding in game bugs/errors in future PS4 updates? Will players have to wait a month to get fixes in future updates? 

Edited by (PS4)edwinp426

Question : I would like to hear the teams thoughts on the current state of combat in missions. This is partly balance but also about enemy variety and mechanics. I think there needs to be more things that ai can do to disrupt players unstoppable rampage of bullets and warframe powers. For example the shield grineer is a really cool enemy type but is rendered completely useless in its role because players can shoot his feet, his head or use punch through mods to completely remove this obstacle. The only enemy I stop and think about while playing are the infested disruptors, as they have a punishing (but avoidable) attack.

I wish the game had MORE enemies that made me stop and consider the situation. Perhaps an enemy that can parry bullets back at us like we can at them? An enemy that creates hard cover for allies by deploying shields? An enemy that can absorb our warframe powers and then use them against us?

I would like to know the status on the Kubrows if we dont see them today.

well i have a dead one in my dojo,

kids are scared to go in orochin lab now.. seriously

mhm hmm

Edited by Tsoe

Are there any plans to redistribute POLARITIES in any way?

Across mods (D polarity for most weapons? V Polarity for most Warframes?), across weapons, across Warframes (Some of them have polarities that practically do nothing for the frame itself, which isn't very friendly.)

It almost feels like there's a purposeful pressure for players to spend more and more time and money on Forma, when that system as a whole is hardly convenient / efficient for normal play, too.

Now that you've suddenly decided to lock this thread, even though it has consistently been on-topic, will you discuss at least some of the things presented there? Specifically, absurd market prices and ridiculous RNG reliance.

I would go further into detail, but a migraine makes it hard to think.

With overhauls on core systems of warframe happening (such as damage 2.0 , mods 2.0 and recently melee 2.0), what do the devs think about this?

While Lotus is the guiding light for tenno while on the heat of battle and duties, we hardly feel guided when progressing in the star map (you know that thing where we select our missions), what are the plans to improve this?

Furthermore, why don't we just jump to the boss battle instead of battling our way to there?

(lotus needs to explain why and guide us more)

Mastery rank has been part of warframe for over a year now, however, as time passed it became clear than it is meaningless. Some lower rank weapons have an high rank number, while we have cases of some weapon being the very inverse case. All in all, it feels messy and discourages us to rank up after certain point (unless for sport).

...Are there plans to make mastery rank less "messy", more meaningful ? (like adding stances and slots tied as rewards? )

(melee 2.0 questions)

What are the plans for melee targeting and that "slashing while running"? 

Why was charged melee removed and not incorporated as a combo?

What do the devs feel about stances after being implemented ?

Are there plans to expand the combo lists, along with more simple combos?

Question 1 : There's been quite a bit of trouble with new players trying to earn their keep and advancing through the new content that Warframe has now. However, mods are just not available for them, as to advance from Mercury, Venus, etc, require the use of elementals and their combinations. Since most of these elementals don't appear in the lower ranking missions (normally seen in either (possibly) survival or in planets past Saturn/Earth/Jupiter), why not add in starter elementals to go along with what's already given away (Redirection)?

By Starter, since current elementals go up to 60~90% increase of damage, these starter elementals would only go up to, say, 15~30% at max level. Along with the mods tutorial, this'll allow new players to learn about elementals and their combos, while giving them a fighting chance to survive with their starting gear/warframe until they can afford to get better weapons.

Question 2 : Will there be any plans toward being able to control ally AI during faction v faction missions? Seeing all the AI sit in the spawn room during a Survival only to be destroyed is disheartening. Would like to hopefully see something where we can set waypoints for our AI allies, also to help them keep from running around getting themselves killed when they're better used close to the objective.

I mentioned this a while back and with each addition made to the game i think this idea is needed more and more.

With the addition of stance mods that come with their own polarities that dont always match the weapons they can be used with i think we now really need the ability to polarize each of our loadouts differently. This will let us actually create different build for a frame, for guns, and now this is really needed for melee. 

And in connection with that...

I do actually have a few builds made specifically for different encounters but at this time switching between them is a long process.

You have to click on the weapon/frame, then when the menu opens you click on the loadout, then click the confirm pop up to get it done. Which doesnt sound that lengthy for one go but when you have a frame, 3 weapons, and a sentinel.... it is kind of a long process. And this is made even worst when you switch to different weapons/frames because the game doesnt remember your last loadout and it always defaults to loadout A.

So i bring this idea i suggested a while back as well.

Letting us switch loadouts from the arsenal menu.

vEFqbLW.png

Just add an extra pop-up that lets you choose between them. And the space is there so outside of whatever code you have to do, this would not be a very disruptive addition.

And finally, can we get some Sentinel lore?

I trust those things less than the Lotus.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

PC: FPS (lag, spikes stuttering) and network issues (lag and tremendous amount of network traffic?): When can we see measurable improvements?

More than half year we are requesting an option to toggle off damage and xp text. Please make it happen so we can finaly see the beautiful graphics behind the wall of text! A badly needed option!

Like example:http://imgur.com/nFJxu8Q

Transmutation? Still not working (4different rares gives me common cards in more than onces in a row I made numerous tickets and numerous videos about it already in the last 10months).

Edited by H0PE