Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon.

SoulDust

After racking like 50 of each of Oberon's parts, I finally decided to make him. I'd say I'm not too thrilled about it either. Maybe I'm just looking it at it all wrong or perhaps this is a shared feeling.

1st: Is basically Nekros's soul punch with a not so good after impact effect

2nd: only good for low level defense, or maybe even infested runs. At higher levels it probably won't even do much damage. Afaik, it has no stun or cc utility. 

3rd: a heal that might come to late, or heal too slowly. No better than a trinity, or a mag's shield polarize. And you generally can't count on the heal to make much of a difference.

4th: Only "cc" skill on the frame, I'm not sure how the damage racks against higher levels yet. The fact that it drops health orbs upon killing something, doesn't quite impress me either.

So basically, I'm assuming there's really no point in playing oberon, other than liking his deer like helmets. As an overall frame, I feel as if it was rushed or not completely thought out. Or am I wrong

1 I don't use.

2 when maximized for damage can be stacked repeatedly, I call it the red carpet of death since mine is red. It can kill mid to high, but not very high level enemies.

3 the heal can revive people who are downed sometimes if it's still active, I use fleeting expertise with a 4th spam build just for this since it slows it down.

4 it's not CC, unless you count crush as CC. It is good for smashing repeatedly with an FEBR build.

Yeah, i like to think i experimented with Oberon more than most (3 formas) but i just couldnt find anything he was useful for that other frames couldnt do better. Crowd control is the most glaring aspect where this is true, since Hallowed Ground loses its worth as a damage skill even faster than Smite does.

Renewal... Its just bad. It can only claim to cost less energy than Blessing, but Blessing will actually deliver the heals immeadiately.

And Reckoning, is completely redundant if youre playing with a Nekros, who can chrun out more health orbs with much greater reliability, and and he doesnt cover the screen with blooming particle effects and screw up everyones aim by picking up the targets.

I'm pretty inclined to agree with you. I got Oberon about as soon as he was released, and was really excited... but my expectations weren't really met. He looks pretty cool in the sense that he has a very evident and unique theme, but aside from that he lacks, not fearsome or sleek or especially ninja-y. Smite is pretty bad in my opinion, and you're correct about Hallowed Ground (good for infested because they run into it but it's radiation damage sooo it's pretty ineffective). Renewal seems cool but I honestly haven't ever really used it much/effectively. Reckoning is cool but I feel like, to make up for his other abilities, you'd have to mod around this ability specifically, and I just can't get into a frame with such a reliance on only one ability...

I definitely think he needs a second look. Maybe something that buffs teammates to complement his role as a paladin (defensive but also offensive) in addition to/combined with his heal. And maybe something more fitting for his 1st, I think his Hallowed Ground is alright but maybe needs some damage tweak.

I run him like this and he's lots of fun:

8isaI.jpg

You could experiment with adding blind rage for even more damage.

People underestimate his CC, it's basically a free global damaging knockdown.

tried the blindrage, but the energy drain is painful. I just prefer to use the smash thing as a distraction maneuver, or coupled with a flamethrower/embolist to weaken all the enemies, and then smash them into health balls on the first try, but have enough energy to throw down for healing.

1 is better than soul punch, because the other projectiles are aimed to other units, u need to shoot it when there is a group, because they do not seek enemies they spawn in the direction of enemies.

2- very good for infested defense missions as what it is a D O T not Main Damage, a support skill.

3- its not "a heal that might come too late" its an endurance skill, use it between waves in defense to help your team mates start fresh in the next wave, or to recover during solo missions.

4- CC/DD hybrid it wont kill high level enemies but will kill the lower level weaker ones, and it gives you a couple of seconds to recover and move to a better position while killing some stuff in the way.

The fact that Oberon is not an "easy" frame is what makes him so good, its not rhino, you have to actually be verstatile and careful, he kinda reminds me of the druid in D2, with his lycan build.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Oberon_(Warframe) "paladin among frames" I definitively think he needs reworking, I agree with you it seems that his success is completely revolved around his ult

his ult isn't all that strong. He REALLY is a jack of all trades. He isn't good at anything, but can do it all. Hydroid is master of CC, Trinity is master of healing, Vauban is master of traps, Nekros is the master of painful projectiles.

People underestimate his CC, it's basically a free global damaging knockdown.

I have to disagree with that. Reckoning just puts them on the ground and they start getting back up right away. It also has a realatively small range.

Compared to something like Soundquake, it might be preferable, but its not going to hold up compared to the likes of Rhino Stomp.

1 is better than soul punch, because the other projectiles are aimed to other units, u need to shoot it when there is a group, because they do not seek enemies they spawn in the direction of enemies.

2- very good for infested defense missions as what it is a D O T not Main Damage, a support skill.

3- its not "a heal that might come too late" its an endurance skill, use it between waves in defense to help your team mates start fresh in the next wave, or to recover during solo missions.

4- CC/DD hybrid it wont kill high level enemies but will kill the lower level weaker ones, and it gives you a couple of seconds to recover and move to a better position while killing some stuff in the way.

The fact that Oberon is not an "easy" frame is what makes him so good, its not rhino, you have to actually be verstatile and careful, he kinda reminds me of the druid in D2, with his lycan build.

People compare him to "god-tier" frames, which is embarrassing. 

2nd: At higher levels it probably won't even do much damage.

It doesn't.

3rd: A heal that might come to late, or heal too slowly.

I've yet to experience it being useful, or even needed.

4th: I'm not sure how the damage racks against higher levels yet.

Not well.

I have to disagree with that. Reckoning just puts them on the ground and they start getting back up right away. It also has a realatively small range.

Compared to something like Soundquake, it might be preferable, but its not going to hold up compared to the likes of Rhino Stomp.

Disagree with what? That it's a free damaging global knockdown? Because that's exactly what it is, and if you actually looked at the build I posted you'd realise range isn't a problem either.

It also does more raw damage than stomp, and stomp can not be recast as long as it's active; CC's with completely different functions really.