Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Quest For Nova

Cipherid

So while I was slightly out of it due to feeling sick, I decided to write a weird diary sort of thing revolving around the collection of Nova's components. For the sake of the whole story, just go with the headcanon that the pilot is female but she uses all gendered frames (and that she's part cephalopod so she can fit in those awkwardly shaped suits)

After much internal debate, I decided to go and find the parts for the Nova-class Warframe from that flapping nonsense, Raptor. The eternal hatred this frame seems to generate got me intrigued; what is so jimmie-rustling about the baby?

DAY ONE

For my first trial, I took my Ember frame into battle, along with my Soma rifle and a sharp stick. As usual, the artificial mastermind that is Raptor decided to taunt me - failing miserably with his video chat. I mean really, you'd think the flying bugger would go through a little more effort like his quadrupedal friend the Jackal, but alas said flying bugger couldn't find it's way out of a Corpus container if it tried. After reaching my quarry, I decided to go all out offensive, heating up the battlefield with World On Fire (terrible pun, sue me Lotus) and unloading a magazine or two into the metal bird. Stupid thing fell from the sky like a dead weight. Come to think of it even when it's functional it's still dead weight.

For my second attempt, I took the Hydroid frame; might as well soak the thing and scramble those circuits - maybe it will become smarter afterwards. I'm still shocked how fast the Corpus churn the Raptor osprey out. I guess "in the name of profit" should be reworded as "in the name of breaking even because those bleeding Tenno keep blowing up our crap" with how many times we destroy the thing, only for another to reappear. But I'm straying from the point here. As usual, I'm making my way through the outpost only to be subjected to mental torture on a whole other level - a barrel is blocking a console. What hair-brained idiot decided to try and block the console with a barrel? Gandalf Barrel aside, my Tentacle Swarm quickly obliterated the troublesome legs with guns...I mean Moas, while I subjected the floating tin can to my Soma for a second round.

Naturally at this point the Stalker had decided to message me his latest love poem, which I prompty deleted. He'll probably start following me later on if I don't reply though, don't know why he's so hung up on messaging me and not showing for the date.

After destroying the Raptor for the twentieth time, and no doubt sucking the Corpus dry of a few billion credits, I had enough helmets to outfit a hydra and several chassis pieces, but no systems. Maybe after going into cryosleep for a couple of hours might have better luck. Hek, maybe then those greedy milks will have taught the proxy how to Skype call properly, even better if they teach it how to videochat.

2dba4c1.jpgRaptor's amazing Skype skills.

28kob47.jpgDat barrel tho.

Edited by Tyrala