Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beginner Warframes

Sirspen

I'd like to see some way to use other beginner Warframes at the beginning without paying real cash. Beginners like myself are unfamiliar with abilities and gameplay, and may very easily choose a class that doesn't suit them. For example, I went with Loki, as it appeared to be a similar playstyle to how I play other games. However, I quickly discovered that it just isn't the Warframe for me, as it is hard to play a stealthy precision role in a game primarily composed of tight corridors and CQC. Not only can I not just switch to one of the other Warframes, but I'm completely out of luck from the start, seeing as there isn't even a way to reset my character and start over. For players in the same situation, our only options are:

1) Shell out cash to try another Warframe (again, without being sure that it suits us)

2) Create a new account (not very practical, as it requires another email address, another beta key, and forfeiting our desired alias)

3) Spend time grinding for blueprints and resources for another Warframe (which would not at all be an enjoyable experience, seeing as it requires hours of play on a frame that we don't like and/or are unskilled with)

None of these options are practical or enjoyable. I'd like to see the option to switch between the three basic warframes for free, or at the very least, the ability to completely reset my character and restart with a different frame. Also, considering that the most efficient way of obtaining a new Warframe or weapon is to pay for it with real world money, it would be very useful to have some way to preview before buying. I wouldn't be happy if I purchased a weapon or Warframe, only to find that it isn't what it seemed to be.

Besides my predicament, I'm enjoying the game quite a bit. I hope that this issue can be resolved.

I'd like them to be available for credit- straight up, not just their blueprints. That or I'd like the ability to switch between them. Give players the ability to swap between those three Warframes, but when you do you lose your progress with the one you switch away from.

I agree with this. I'm kinda regretting my first warframe choice as well. It would be nice to have a trial period with all three. Or make it so the first three frames can be easilly purchased with credits instead of platinum. Or heck, make all three free, kinda like how Tribes: Ascend did with their model. Made three of the basic classes unlocked on sign up. Each suitable in filling the major roles in the game. The other more specialized classes were the ones that required unlocking.

Not saying I'm familiar with the class/warfare roles in this game, but being asked to permanently chose one warframe before you even know what the game is about isn't cool.

Edited by Jadarok

I just got into the beta today and after finishing the tutorial, was given three icons of warframes to choose from. I was mousing over each of the pictures and single clicked on one to see if it would bring up a better image and more details of the warframe. The game did not indicate or ask me to confirm a selection of a warframe and just assigned the frame to me.

I feel I was not given a proper chance to select my starting character and am even more agravated to find that I can't reset even my account or use ingame currency to alter that choice.

At first I thought I would just tough it out and go about testing the game as you're supposed to in a Beta. But now looking through the forums, I find mention that there won't be a wipe after closed beta and I'm probably stuck with a warframe I didn't really want. Needless to say, I feel very anxious about playing the game further, as it seems to have no qualms about arbitrarily locking you into permanent decisions without consent.

I just got into the beta today and after finishing the tutorial, was given three icons of warframes to choose from. I was mousing over each of the pictures and single clicked on one to see if it would bring up a better image and more details of the warframe. The game did not indicate or ask me to confirm a selection of a warframe and just assigned the frame to me.

I feel I was not given a proper chance to select my starting character and am even more agravated to find that I can't reset even my account or use ingame currency to alter that choice.

At first I thought I would just tough it out and go about testing the game as you're supposed to in a Beta. But now looking through the forums, I find mention that there won't be a wipe after closed beta and I'm probably stuck with a warframe I didn't really want. Needless to say, I feel very anxious about playing the game further, as it seems to have no qualms about arbitrarily locking you into permanent decisions without consent.

Yes you are right, since it's a beta you should test the game out and it's wrong to not reset the game. The only other way to choose a new warframe is to either get a new beta key or buy platinum but personaly I wouldn't get out my wallet yet ...

I got the Loki and I'm not too bad at him but his description says for "advanced players". I would agree with that statement and wonder why he would be an option for a beginner warframe? I'm sure I would do better with abilities that actually do damage but I can see how some people would be underwhelmed with his playstyle if not just frustrated. After the tutorial you should be able to try out the frames in the "white void" with target dummies or something so you can at least see and feel the way they play differently before you commit.

Completely agree with the OP.

I made the exact same mistake.

Loki seemed really badass, and he sort of is, but not the best Warframe to start with.

Now my only choice is to grind out a Warframe blueprint or buy one...

I myself picked Loki and find him useless for his advertised job but very good for anti-boss purposes when equipped with appropiate weaponry. On topic however yes I find the blueprint system with warframes is a bit grindy.

EDIT: The latest sticky fixed the problem below.

For example I find myself grinding a bit on systems to probe for which enemy drops what warframe part as I only have one piece for the MAG and its annoying as hell.

Edited by FeignedSeer

I choosed Loki too, but I don't want to. :/ Now, I don't really want to play the game, because I Don't like Loki. I han't got money for buy a character, and I wrote an e-mail to the support for help about deleting my account, to re-register my e-mail address. I don't get a reply yet. I hope it fix the my problem.

Well, that way you got at least another class to experience for the next wipe, which is most likely coming,

dont worry. Just take the time with your current one and try out a playstyle your not familiar with. Plenty

of fun to be had with either of the warframes in their own way.

Well, that way you got at least another class to experience for the next wipe, which is most likely coming,

dont worry. Just take the time with your current one and try out a playstyle your not familiar with. Plenty

of fun to be had with either of the warframes in their own way.

Except loki.

Wanna stealth? too bad itsonly like 5 seconds with 2 upgrades and people still see you anyway.

Wanna decoy? oh wait they just ignore that decoy and hit you? oh whats that you cant shoot through a HOLOGRAM? okay.

Never had any problems with Loki being invisible to enemies while using stealth hitting enemies in the

back with melee. Just gotta be careful not to stand in the firing line with the next targeted teammember

in case your playing coop. The decoy actually takes about 2 seconds to draw aggro from your enemies

so once you dont treat it as an instant taunt its quite easy to use and very efficient in what it does.

And my former statement about the reset was wrong I guess, sorry. I just read the official response

about that from DESteve:

As far as reset is concerned, there will be a reset of leaderboards and very likely an optional reset that returns all Platinum if a player wants to. The no-reset is by popular demand and I'm sure you can imagine why we flexed on it and decided we shouldn't do it.

The stealth does work, it's just the corvus seem to see me, other factions don't though, and the decoy does work a lot but not enough, ive seen plenty of times where i put a decoy down on a boss or a mob, like right infront of his line of sight/fire and hes just like "lol nty" and turns to a teamate and ignores it.

and my biggest issue is its' hard enough to hit people since all my fuckin teamates are always clogging up the line of fire trying to melee a boss becuase they can't conserve their ammo, adding another hitbox to block my shots is just nty lol

Loki is decent, im not going to say hes useless, but to me. he's worse than junk, i'd PAY to get rid of him. lol

Loki is in my opinion way more fun to play than the other two starter frames. Even if only for the fact

that you can set up a clone in a vantage point you cant get to normally and than bodyswitch with it.

Or even getting teammates out of a pinch with bodyswitch than popping in your cloak to get away.

It's not as simple gameplay as the other frames but way more interesting tbh.

Probably there should be trial period for new gamers, when the could freely change between three starters warframe before making their decision.

I've got Volt at start and I'm pretty happy about it, but I saw some dev.diaries before playing, so basically I picked the one, that I know nothing about.