Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

75 And 170 Platinum Offers

Marijan

Hi there,

I'm not sure where to put this, but since it's on the website and doesn't regard the game itself, I will post it in this section.

I would like to point out that the 170 Platinum offer is actually worse than it claims to be (20 Platinum as "Bonus").

75 Platinum = 3,99€

170 (150+20 "Bonus") Platinum = 8,99€

8,99€ / 3,99€ = 2,2531...

75 Platinum * 2,2531... = 168,9849... Platinum

I guess that the 170 Platinum offer is actually supposed to cost 7,99€, which is twice as much as the 75 Platinum offer (actually 7,98€, but everyone knows how this works ...) instead of 8,99€, which is 1€ too expensive (... well, except for the guy who screwed this up and either didn't pay attention or doesn't know how this works.). If it's exactly twice as expensive, the numbers of Platinum you get make sense as well (75 Platinum * 2 = 150 Platinum + 20 Platinum Bonus = 170 Platinum).

I felt it's necessary to point this out and that the price either gets adjusted or the description changed (to "169+1 Platinum Bonus"; lol), because it's kind of scam otherwise.

Edited by Marijan

Also, there's the fact that a lot of stuff costs 175 platinum, leaving just 5 short with the bigger offer. But that's not lying, that's just marketing.

Considering that you get 50 Platinum to begin with and you are usually going to buy slots first, it's perfectly fine. (170+50)/20 [Warframe slot cost] = 11 is exactly the number of warframes currently available if you add the two you start with (11+2=13). If you're buying Platinum you probably don't have Excalibur Prime though, so you can decide whether you want to buy an warframe slot for future additions or a weapon slot and have 8 Platinum left, which you can use for buying revives for example.

That's a different story though and completely unrelated to the actual topic, which is simply a wrong description or price of an offer.

Edited by Marijan

I would like a Developer or Administrator to respond to this, since it's still wrong and not acceptable imo. It might be not intentional, but it's kind of like lying to a customer about a product.

* Noticed that other offers are wrong as well. You still save some money, but a way smaller amount than it claims. I already mentioned the most obvious example: the 175 Platinum offer actually just gives you 1 more Platinum than you should get, not a 20 Platinum Bonus.

Edited by Marijan

Well, I will keep pushing this until something is done about it. The descriptions aren't only misleading, but kind of scam if you do the math.

In £ it seems to be correct btw.

I'm not very good at math but it is literaly the double of the price of 75 plat + the 20 plat

Well, I don't know about $ or £ and would appreciate if someone could check if it's any different there, since you don't need to be good at math or anything to notice that twice as much Platinum should cost twice as much money and not twice as much money +1€. The Bonus makes the offer worth it again, but you don't get 20 Platinum as Bonus, but only 1, since 150 Platinum is exactly twice as much as you get from the first offer (75), but it's 1€ more than twice as expensive (twice as much would be (3,99€ x 2 = 7,98€, but you have to pay 8,99€). So if you do the math how much Platinum you should actually get for 8,99€ you end up with 169 Platinum, at the same Platinum/€-rate as from the first offer (which it has to be compared to). So you don't get 150 + 20 Bonus Platinum, but 169 + 1 Bonus Platinum.

You weren't able to purchase platinum just now and it said you were improving something. Now it's back up and someone apparently worked on those offers, but didn't bother to adjust the wrong descriptions or prices.

I think, the description in the chart is just not well chosen.

See, you get 170 Platinum for 8.99€. And that's it! Simply disregard this stupid bonus explanation and it makes sense.

You could buy 2x 75 Platinum at 3.99€ each, so in total 7.89€, and would have 150 Platinum - period.

The margin is 1.10€ and for that you get 20 Platinum. If you break the 75/3.99€ down to 20 Platinum you'll come to this very same margin (1.10€).

It's not really a bonus, it's just what 20 Platinum would cost if you could buy them separately. Maybe it would be wise to formulate another explanation in the chart though or rather leave it out altogether.

Edited by lokozar

I think, the description in the chart is just not well chosen.

See, you get 170 Platinum for 8.99€. And that's it! Simply disregard this stupid bonus explanation and it makes sense.

You could buy 2x 75 Platinum at 3.99€ each, so in total 7.89€, and would have 150 Platinum - period.

The margin is 1.10€ and for that you get 20 Platinum. If you break the 75/3.99€ down to 20 Platinum you'll come to this very same margin (1.10€).

It's not really a bonus, it's just what 20 Platinum would cost if you could buy them separately. Maybe it would be wise to formulate another explanation in the chart though or rather leave it out altogether.

That's exactly what I'm talking about, it's scam. It claims to give you a 20 Platinum bonus, which it simply doesn't. You get 1 Platinum more than you should get for 8,99€ at the same €/Platinum-ratio of the 75 Platinum offer and that probably only because they liked 170 better than 169. It's not 150+20 Bonus Platinum, but 169+1 Bonus Platinum. The description is not only misleading, but simply wrong and makes the buyer believe something, which is obviously false if you do the math. It's like sticking a discount label to something without adjusting the price at all.

Edited by Marijan

I wouldn't say it's a "scam," but I agree the math is wrong - looks like somebody at DE screwed up. In USD, it's $4.99 for 75p, and $9.99 for 150+20. If it's 3.99€ for 75, it should be 7.99€ for 150+20.

Exactly, that's my assumption as well. They added a single € to the price, that makes the description misleading. Of course it's not scam, just because someone screwed up once, but if you get informed about this kind of fault, but decide to keep it like that and continue to sell it like this, because people keep buying it - then it's kind of scam, because the description is not accurate and promises you to get a Bonus, which is way bigger than what you actually get in addition to what you deserve.

I wouldn't say it's a "scam," but I agree the math is wrong - looks like somebody at DE screwed up. In USD, it's $4.99 for 75p, and $9.99 for 150+20. If it's 3.99€ for 75, it should be 7.99€ for 150+20.

If this is true, it's scam on the Euro end, yes.

DE, please fix that. Thanks.

Not really on-topic but still have something to do with €.

The $ to € conversion from Founder pack is biased:

50$ ends in 44€, which leads to think there's a conversion, while actually it does a bit less than 39€.

Doesnt stopped me from buying it but still, it's false (even if I suspect steam for that matter).

Edited by -Suh-

Not really on-topic but still have something to do with €.

The $ to € conversion from Founder pack is biased:

50$ ends in 44€, which leads to think there's a conversion, while actually it does a bit less than 39€.

Doesnt stopped me from buying it but still, it's false (even if I suspect steam for that matter).

What about taxes?

Basically, the actual bonusses are much lower than those mentioned: http://i.imgur.com/doNV3DR.png

Exactly, that's what I'm saying the whole time. I would be perfectly fine with smaller boni, but they have to change the description of their offers accordingly. Furthermore it's weird that everything makes sense in other currencies, but doesn't match in € at all. I think someone simply screwed to set the prices correctly, except for the 75 Platinum offer.

I already made the support look into this and I am waiting for a response.

Edited by Marijan

• 4 weeks later...

Keep us posted please. I'm eager to know the outcome.

Last thing I got to hear from DETimo was that their prices are set in USD and prices in other currencies are calculated by other providers, but he said that he is going to forward our "complaints" to the people who are in charge. I just created a follow-up ticket to ask about the current state of affairs.

I think it's dollar and euro conversion problem

We in Croatia have prices in Warframe displayed in US $ but can only pay in Euro € and buy paysafe codes in Croatian money.

At the end I can't calculate how much did I really pay