Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Braton Prime Could Use A Buff

Valafor

The Braton Prime is one of my favorite guns, and I pain-stakingly spent 2 months farming for it (no trading, and had to run litterily 75+ T3 Defenses that went up to wave 20 at the time) and i forma'd the hell out of it. And while it is still a respectable gun, it has lagged behind the rest of the Prime weapons in terms of damage. When i got my hands on the Boltor Prime, I felt no reason to use my Braton Prime as it could not perform as well as the Boltor Prime. hell, my Latron Prime is better now. The Braton Prime needs some minor stat buffs. I have invested 6 forma in my Braton prime, but yet my Boltor Prime with only one forma is doing around the same damage, if not more. That is absolutely absurd. I'm fine with the Boltor Prime being a better weapon than the Braton, as the Boltor is better than the regular Braton, but it should not be THAT much better. 

Braton Prime is the one thing I wanted since damage 2.0 destroyed how op my Braton was.

After getting it, it's a little underwhelming. After what you have to do to find it, makes the gun not worth the effort. I would like to see it do a lot more damage. Like my default boltor I have modded to do 109 puncture damage.

Pls fix mah bb.

+1

What are you guys talking about? Mines still amazing true I have 4 forma on it...

What weapon isn't amazing with 4 forma on it?

My braton prime has been forma'd a total of 9 times since I've gotten it, it's my absolute favorite weapon in the game, I take it everywhere... but it could totally go for a modest buff.

Or... 9 forma, for that matter.

Forma? Yes, just about every weapon can function well in higher levels with a few Forma. 

The Braton seems to be a generic all-rounder automatic rifle without any fluffy mechanics like criticals, projectile velocity etc, and balanced damage distribution between I/P/S. While the Braton Prime sure is an upgrade to it, how does it stand among the other Primes? It's true that it does not have a Mastery Rank requirement, but should it still be somewhat underwhelming like it currently is?

I myself can't say that I'm a fan of the Braton series(Lex forever <3333333~), but I'm not against a slight buff to damage output to the Braton Prime to cater to players who simply want to take a sweet-looking automatic rifle that doesn't outperform or underperform in any particular area.

I would like to see a Burston Prime buff personaly.

Are you out of your mind? Burston Prime is one of THE strongest primaries in the game. It has a lot more damage than braton, and if you land those headshots, nothing can survive for a good part of the game. A 4 forma Burston blows an equally modded Braton out of the water. My 6 forma Braton can't even COMPARE to a 4 forma Burston prime. Next you're going to tell me we need to buff the Soma.

Seems a "Buff braton" thread is popping up every month(or week) now. I'm a big supporter of this and my first post was actually made to voice my want for the much needed buff. But patch after patch rolls along without a buff.

here are some of the link to the ones I could still find since I can't even find where I first posted.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/223992-what-do-you-want-the-buffnerf-megathread/?view=findpost&p=2600176&hl=%2Bbraton+%2Bbuff

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/222892-will-the-braton-prime-ever-be-buffed/?view=findpost&p=2581403&hl=%2Bbraton+%2Bbuff

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/214451-braton-prime/?view=findpost&p=2494734&hl=%2Bbraton+%2Bbuff

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/175809-braton-family-needs-a-few-minor-tweaks/?view=findpost&p=2339884&hl=%2Bbraton+%2Bbuff

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/200302-i-cant-believe-braton-prime/?view=findpost&p=2328670&hl=%2Bbraton+%2Bbuff

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/200365-buff-braton-prime-already/?hl=%2Bbraton+%2Bbuff

Almost forgot to comment more on the others mentioned. Latron prime and Burston prime are just fine where they are. They are both end game weapons that once maxed out(potato, required forma) and correctly modded, are just amazing. The Boltor prime might still overtake both of them in dps but their mechanics and style of play are different; same goes for the soma (although I do agree the soma is a bit OP for what it is).

For comparison, if you forma the akstilettos or the twin gremlins (secondaries, mind you) even one or two less times than the Braton PRIME, they will match it or beat it on dps output. And if you max the kunai it almost doubles the braton prime dmg. WTF!

So why do I keep posting on each of these threads if it's such an underperformer? Because the braton (not primed) is still my favorite gun and I would use it constantly if it could actually handle late game, sadly it cannot. The prime is growing on me, but even after three forma the damn thing is hard to lvl up as it's limited to where I can use it which is usually tops out at mid lvls games. Also it doesn't count if you go around saying "I take mine EVERYWHERE and it does just fine!" meaning that you equip it and then at t3 min20 survival you start using your brakk >.<

Edited by alfaomega04

Alfaomega04 talked about the akvasto and the twin gremlins being better. I can vouch for this. I have my twin gremlins modded to do 90dmg of all 3 damage types. Making the twin gremlins far better than my poor Braton Prime.

Before damage 2.0 I didn't use any other primary aside from the paris. I had modded my braton to deal massive damage, and I did take it everywhere. The prime is very underwhelming after what you have to do to get it.

Alfaomega04 talked about the akvasto and the twin gremlins being better. I can vouch for this. I have my twin gremlins modded to do 90dmg of all 3 damage types. Making the twin gremlins far better than my poor Braton Prime.

Before damage 2.0 I didn't use any other primary aside from the paris. I had modded my braton to deal massive damage, and I did take it everywhere. The prime is very underwhelming after what you have to do to get it.

Agreed. Many of my secondaries beat my Braton Prime in terms of DPS. Kind of sad, since Braton Prime was one of the biggest pains in the &amp;#&#33; to get.

Agreed. Many of my secondaries beat my Braton Prime in terms of DPS.

Uhm, yeah.

Hornet Strike:  +220% damage, cost 14

Serration:  +165% damage, cost 14

Barrel Diffusion: +120% projectiles, cost 11

Split Chamber: +90% projectiles, cost 15

Final effect:  For secondaries, 704% damage, cost 25 mod points.  For primaries, 504% damage, cost 29 mod points.

You can't have a reasonable comparison of specific primary versus secondary weapons because the core mods for secondaries are just outright superior.

The difference in stats that prime weapons receive is completely &#036;&amp;*&amp;*#(%&amp;.

I mean come on. The latron prime has literally double the damage of the regular version.

Braton Prime? Oh yeah sure, give it a 25% damage boost, that's totally fair. 

Uhm, yeah.

Hornet Strike:  +220% damage, cost 14

Serration:  +165% damage, cost 14

Barrel Diffusion: +120% projectiles, cost 11

Split Chamber: +90% projectiles, cost 15

Final effect:  For secondaries, 704% damage, cost 25 mod points.  For primaries, 504% damage, cost 29 mod points.

You can't have a reasonable comparison of specific primary versus secondary weapons because the core mods for secondaries are just outright superior.

I know you were not responding to my post but the reason I mentioned those two particular secondaries was because they actually play very similar to the boltor and the braton once modded. That's why I'm not even mentioning the brakk, marelok, castanas, or any other secondary that plays much differently. Regardless of their dps, they're not meant to be used like a braton.

And I do agree, the mods are different between secondaries and primaries, but the main point (and the one I hoped would get across) is that the braton and braton prime perform worse than secondaries which handle very much like a braton. I understand the braton being in this lower category, but the prime version is still outperformed easily by a good secondary or an average primary.

• 3 months later...

The Latron Prime have great dmg, but its counter parts would be its pitiful magazine capacity, its slow fire rate and its very very horrible long reload time for only 15 rounds...

Yes the old Primes deserves a real buff, and a Prime should always have a Polarity or two... Just compare a WarFrame to its Prime equivalent.

The Primes are supposed to be better and evolved versions of their existing standard models.

I would also enjoy the release of a new rifle with IMPACT based dmg (And eventually Ice / Radiation/ Viral based dmg on new weapons, not old outdated farts...).

Hope our voices will makes DE think about it.