Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Lets Talk... Saryn, The Poison Princess That Barely Gets Noticed.

Synville

So as alot of us know, Saryn was the damage queen pre damage 2.0

Damage 2.0 obviously hit Saryn pretty dang hard... and well... I think her abilities are a sadness. ;  -; (Except for Miasma... ofcourse. ¬-¬)

So let's see then.

Venom-- I mean. Don't think I need to say here much. *cough* but it's really only useful till about mob-level 15, maybe 20?

I can already hear the "But Syn! It's about the Viral procs." And to that I say... Git. Out. >:| (Although I will admit seeing 1 mob infected, then suddenly, BOOM, meatballs everywhere with tiny numbers filling your screen is pretty hilarious.)

Molt-- recently got a pretty fun buff, with the exploding and such. Not much of a change needed there... disagree if you want. Although I will say... after using it way more recently while soloing with her... the aggro seems gimped. Usually takes a little while before they realize "Ohwait!" and then shoot it. That moment is the difference between life and death.

Contagion-- ... ... Does anyone even use this? I did for quite a while. And whenever I did, I remembered why I shouldn't be using it. I've personally NEVER seen any damage increase on any weapon while using it. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. MAYBE it needs to be changed/buffed/replaced with something... good?

Miasma-- Alright let's be real here. This doesn't need to be changed. It's good enough as it is. Again, disagree if you want. Maybe I'm wrong.

So I guess to conclude this overly long post about a frame that hardly anyone plays. ;  -;

TL;DR, Venom and Contagion need a buff, seriously.

...It really IS about the viral procs, though. That health knock off is no joke. Contagion is more useful with melee 2.0 out, atm. The energy cost, however, suuuuuuucks. It needs to get lowered to encourage its use.

I do feel you on Molt not seeming to draw aggro quickly enough to be just as useful, despite the recent changes. But yeah, don't sneeze at the viral.

Edited by KoshLovesYou

...It really IS about the viral procs, though. That health knock off is no joke. Contagion is more useful with melee 2.0 out, atm.

I do feel you on Molt not seeming to draw aggro quickly enough to be just as useful, despite the recent changes. But yeah, don't sneeze at the viral.

Oh believe me. I don't sneeze at it. I just wished that well... it doesn't tickle mobs above level 20 and give it a slightly more useful... use.

Most people yet to realise that Venom is the best #1 in the game and better than most ultimates because it scales with enemies level halving the HP. Enemies have 1000000 health? Then Venom does effectively 500000 damage.

The downside is that its a bit slow-acting. But its so cheap.