Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Braton Prime Ideology

arman276

Tenno's favorite weapon is the Braton because of its balance.

Braton has balance between damage types, fire rate, accuracy, mag. size, reload speed, everything.

Braton Prime has 1.3 impact, 8.8 puncture, and 15.0 slash damage?

Shouldn't they be more balanced (and higher a bit maybe 10-11 each stat?)

The balancing between Prime weapons is just weird. Braton Prime is just as hard to get as any others if you start hunting it, yet it comes with no polarities, not even half the DPS of Boltor Prime, and also clearly surpassed by Burston Prime, both of which comes with polarities while having higher stats.

And then you have weird cases like the Akbronco Prime and Rhino Prime. It's like one time they decide it's okay to just make a super direct upgrade, but then hesitate to make another one clearly superior.

Consistencies isn't DE's forte, but since they did buff the Latron series into a great spot, I hope they do so with the Braton Prime at least.

Edited by Casardis

Too many people are saying that soma has 2x more dps, boltor prime has 2.5x more dps (which is true when all 3 weapons are full modded and compared).

This is just a new way to look at the weapon..it'll still be 2x less dps than boltor prime even with 10-11 each damage number, but it's a lot better than its current state. Don't make new primes if nobody uses half the currently released primes please

its PvE who cares about dps... use whatever you want

Using whatever I want doesn't work when enemies do actual damage, which means they're high level, which means these weak weapons are useless.

I feel like these threads actually just get ignored by DE. 

They don't seem to actually give two S#&$s about balance, as long as DE Scotts favourite weapon is powerful.

During on livestream he said he played with it and liked it, that's why it got buffed. And the soma is only so powerful because DE like it. No other reason.

Additionally the acrid got nerfed not for balance reasons.. just literally because DE didn't want that particular weapon to be good.

Braton Prime ideology -->

" A classic Orokin weapon Braton Prime features higher impact damage and a larger magazine over the standard model."

Make Mk-1 Braton and Braton have a higher Impact damage than Braton Prime. ok

Edited by ExplodingStars

Tenno's favorite weapon is the Braton because of its balance.

Braton has balance between damage types, fire rate, accuracy, mag. size, reload speed, everything.

Braton Prime has 1.3 impact, 8.8 puncture, and 15.0 slash damage?

Shouldn't they be more balanced (and higher a bit maybe 10-11 each stat?)

been asked for and mentioned many times so far with nothing done, the braton prime isnt a braton prime its a MK1 Braton Prime, there is no "primed" braton, they need to rename the prime to a MK1 or change the stats to match an upgraded actual braton.

been asked for and mentioned many times so far with nothing done, the braton prime isnt a braton prime its a MK1 Braton Prime, there is no "primed" braton, they need to rename the prime to a MK1 or change the stats to match an upgraded actual braton.

That makes sense since Braton Prime is original,  mk-1 Braton is a prototype trying to replicate it and Braton an improvement over the prototype.

Also prime weapons had to face the infestation in its beginning so it makes sense they have higher effectiveness against them

what you said was literally going to be my thread but i changed it up lol. i was going to say name it Mk-2 Braton, or get rid of the weapon itself (i still potatod it because it looks so sick)

The guy saying to use whatever you want has a point.  In normal content almost every weapon outside of the starters is viable throughout with formatato.  It's really a question of flavor; if you like a weapon, any weapon, you can upgrade it and be able to complete all game content using it.  The fact that overpowered weapons that eclipse most other weapons exist doesn't mean you have to use them since the damage they do is overkill and provides no challenge even in endgame.  

The guy saying to use whatever you want has a point.  In normal content almost every weapon outside of the starters is viable throughout with formatato.  It's really a question of flavor; if you like a weapon, any weapon, you can upgrade it and be able to complete all game content using it.  The fact that overpowered weapons that eclipse most other weapons exist doesn't mean you have to use them since the damage they do is overkill and provides no challenge even in endgame.  

the problem is, its just not whats advertised, check the stats for a MK1 Braton, then a Braton, the prime is a MK1 with upgraded numbers, a direct upgrade to it, the regular braton has no such similarity other than the name, totally different stats distribution, only the regular braton has a better allrounder distrubution whereas the mk1/prime are both slash heavy garbage.

Braton Stats:

Mk1 Braton
Imp 2 / Punc 4 / Sla 10
Braton
Imp 6 / Punc 6 / Sla 6

Braton Prime
Imp 1 / Punc 8 / Sla 15

^ check the braton prime stats, then the mk1 and regular braton above and guess which braton the prime is a direct upgrade from.

the problem is, its just not whats advertised, check the stats for a MK1 Braton, then a Braton, the prime is a MK1 with upgraded numbers, a direct upgrade to it, the regular braton has no such similarity other than the name, totally different stats distribution, only the regular braton has a better allrounder distrubution whereas the mk1/prime are both slash heavy garbage.

Braton Stats:

Mk1 Braton
Imp 2 / Punc 4 / Sla 10
Braton
Imp 6 / Punc 6 / Sla 6

Braton Prime
Imp 1 / Punc 8 / Sla 15

^ check the braton prime stats, then the mk1 and regular braton above and guess which braton the prime is a direct upgrade from.

You have a valid point but I'm not sure what it has to do with the post you quoted.

You have a valid point but I'm not sure what it has to do with the post you quoted.

i just meant that acceptance of the weapons current state and if you "like it" isnt the main issue most ppl have with it, its problem is solved completely by adding MK1 to the Braton Primes name, or by making the dmg stats a buffed version of the braton, then all these numerous threads on the braton prime would vanish overnight.

I feel like these threads actually just get ignored by DE. 

They don't seem to actually give two S#&$s about balance, as long as DE Scotts favourite weapon is powerful.

During on livestream he said he played with it and liked it, that's why it got buffed. And the soma is only so powerful because DE like it. No other reason.

Additionally the acrid got nerfed not for balance reasons.. just literally because DE didn't want that particular weapon to be good.

DE Megan gave me a useful tip, up voting the OP's suggestion (Buff Braton Prime if I understood) it will help catch DE's attention, but catch is you have to have a bunch of up up votes on the suggestion. 

Edit:I ask that you all go to this page, there's a links to the polls for whether to buff Braton Prime or leave it like it is. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/223992-what-do-you-want-the-buffnerf-megathread/page-4#entry2638821

Edited by MrAnticitizen

Yeah nobody has fun doing normal runs because they do no damage and die in a few bullets from anything. Harder runs where it's actually a struggle not to die is where I want my gun to be good, where braton prime doesn't meet the expectation

Braton Stats:

Mk1 Braton
Imp 2 / Punc 4 / Sla 10
Braton
Imp 6 / Punc 6 / Sla 6

Braton Prime
Imp 1 / Punc 8 / Sla 15

Perhaps they thought:

Braton Prime -> copied by Corpus = Braton Mk1 -> modified by Corpus to meet demands around the solar system = regular Braton.

Yeah nobody has fun doing normal runs because they do no damage and die in a few bullets from anything. Harder runs where it's actually a struggle not to die is where I want my gun to be good, where braton prime doesn't meet the expectation

Unfortunately the only way to experience what you are suggesting is to sit in an infinite mission for 40 minutes, a situation that the game provides no incentive for.  The game's difficulty curve needs to be smoothed out.  

• 2 weeks later...

That makes sense since Braton Prime is original,  mk-1 Braton is a prototype trying to replicate it and Braton an improvement over the prototype.

Also prime weapons had to face the infestation in its beginning so it makes sense they have higher effectiveness against them

effective vs infested yet newbies get a slash heavy mk1 braton to fight grineer then corpus.......... without a serration in sight for possibly a long time.  :(

effective vs infested yet newbies get a slash heavy mk1 braton to fight grineer then corpus.......... without a serration in sight for possibly a long time.  :(

I noticed that too coming back after Damage 2.0.

It can't be anything other than a covert nudge to buy new weapons straight away with Platinum. (or get rushed by friends, which is literally the only reason me or half my friends list even bothered with this game for this long)

EDIT: Oh, and the cruel nerf to the Lato; the only starting weapon that was worth anything.

Edited by Dwagon