Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Serious Render Portal Issues

egregiousRac

I have been having major issues with render portals failing to start rendering for a moment after they come into view since 13.2. I made a recording demonstrating it. Unfortunately, my capture setup was messed up, which I didn't realise until later, so it is  240p... The issue is still apparent, just really low resolution. Anything red in the following video is the background showing because nothing is rendering there. The only time this is not the fault of portals is some of the cases in the tile that I enter at 4:18 (the Corpus Ship deception objective tile), because that tile has holes all over it. It still has quite a few portal issues as well.

System Specs:

Intel HD4000 Graphics (Videocard broke recently)

I7-3770

16GB RAM

Running Warframe in 64bit DX9, most settings on maximum. Using DOF+Color Correction to turn the portals red to make them more obvious.

Edited by egregiousRac

[DE]Glen referred to an issue with one of these never beginning to show things as an issue with render portals. This is a similar issue, but nearly all the time and each case is temporary.

This video also shows the shader conflict between the blur shader (DOF and/or Motion Blur) and other things, such as the background color. This makes many cases of holes in the map very obvious.

Edited by egregiousRac

It is not restricted to Intel video cards either. 

I have a GeForce 765M with 2GB video ram and 8GB system ram (quad-core 2.5ghz intel haswell) and I also see this often. 

Hard disk with plenty of space, and defragged frequently. 

All drivers up-to-date.

Usually when the host has a slower internet connection. I don't recall ever having this when hosting. 

Edited by BrazilianJoe

• 2 months later...

Bump.

When is this going to be fixed finally? The red doors are in there for about 2 months now and I still get it every time on Corpus Ship Tilesets and Grineer Ship Tilesets and they never ever go away. They always appear for split seconds, but definitely long enough that I can see them.

I've the latest drivers thanks to GeForce Experience: 337.88 for my GTX 570 on Windows 7 64bit, DX11 mode.

And I never had this problems before Glen fiddled around with the rendering stuff 2 months ago.

Edited by MeduSalem