Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Try To Receive Support For "my Game Crashed During A Mission." & "failed To Save Progress. Data Was Not Saved."

xelectrowolfx

Hello my fellow tenno! I may just be a newbie here on the forums, but I know that will change with time, this topic is geared at people like me.

First Read this... -> https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/83148-getting-support-common-issues/

If that didn't help you and your problem is this

"my Game Crashed During A Mission." & "failed To Save Progress. Data Was Not Saved."

This is unfortunately something Support cannot help with. When these occur, there's no record of your mission for us to investigate, so we're unable to restore the lost items. We're constantly working to solve these issues as they pop up, so we ask you to be patient with us while we work to improve Warframe.

This topic will help you write your support ticket to receive help. I do not represent [DE] nor work for them so there is no guarantee that they can help you get your rewards back to you. Nor does this guarantee that they will help players with this issue.

From a [DE] Support employee.

As a general rule we can usually help if you are in a mission with other players who did receive the reward from the mission. Unfortunately if you were not with the other players when they finished the mission, there would be no record of the reward for us to reference. Likewise, if the other players in the mission had the same problem and received no reward, the same problem would apply.

Okay, so you lost your rewards due to a bug in the game right? First understand this game is in beta and that these things happen, and that [DE] giving them back to us through support tickets is purely a courtesy.

Ask yourself these questions before thinking about submitting a ticket.

- Is/Are the item(s) worth it?

(Seriously deep down ask yourself, is this something worth bothering support about? If it is an item that is easily obtained like specific prime parts, try to see if you can trade for it, with friends or clan members. If you lost a nightmare mod/corrupted mod these are relatively common and can be found in trading easily. However if the item in question is not easily obtained like say... Tranquil Cleave's or Rhino Prime chassis, Helmet Alerts things of this rarity, or event/ alert rewards that cannot be done again proceed.)

- Did you finish the mission?

(If you did and the bug that happened stopped you from picking it up an item/ or if the data was not saved, did the people you were playing with get these rewards? Make sure to follow up with them and make certain they did. This will help [DE] confirm your story.)

- Do you have proof?

(Screen shots, video recording of the game. Something to give more evidence for your case. Try to remember every detail. For example: The time the Mission was played/ended; The Mission you played; The Planet/Sector; Specific Players names from the mission. How long the match lasted; All the important rewards received by the other players.)

- How did the bug/glitch stop you from getting them?

(Is it something you did? Was it a common issue with the game?(Think the getting stuck after being Revived bug.) Remember the other purpose of support is to improve the game, and bug reporting is an important part of the Beta process. Think details about how it did happen/may have happened. Is this something that could have been prevented?(Unstable overclocks, system instability, 3rd party applications) Try to recall and explain to support how it all happened.)

- Are you prepared to wait?

( The people who read support tickets have a lot of work to do, and it may take sometime for them to get to your support ticket. By the time they resolve the issue a week later, could you have gone and done the mission again and gotten your rewards? Being impatient, rude, and making threats will not make them get to your ticket any faster(Trust me I have tried) 

If you answered yes to these questions you are ready to submit a support ticket to get your well deserved items back!

IMPORTANT: Do not put multiple issues into one support ticket, separate them into separate issues if they are not related. This will help you and [DE] resolve the problem faster, Do not expect a [DE] employee who is helping with one issue, to look at your other support tickets. There are different people who work with different issues for the game.

Nobody wants to lose all progress from a long 50 minute survival mission, and know you are not alone. It can be disheartening, try to remain calm and remember all [DE] wants to do -is to make their customers happy, so try to be nice!

When writing your support ticket, try to stay clean and concise. Stick to the point with pertinent information, but try to give as much information as possible.

Here is an example of a good way to write a support ticket for this kind of issue:

Subject: Game Error- "Failed to save progress. Data was not saved" Earth Survival Mission (Lost Tranquil Cleave, and other rewards.)

Category: Inventory - Missing or Sold item

Description:

Dear [DE] Support Team,

Yesterday, at about 6:00pm Me and a friend [Awesome-Tom] were playing the Mission Survival Cambria on Earth. Approximately  15 minutes into the match, we got the mod drop [Tranquil Cleave] and decided It was time to go. However, after we had reached the end and got to the in-game rewards screen, I had received a black screen for a sustained period of 2 minutes. Upon the game exiting to the main menu, I was prompted with the Error- "Failed to save progress. Data was not saved" and was logged out of Warframe. I am unsure why this error had occurred as during the Mission the connection seemed perfectly fine even during heavy action. When I logged back into Warframe to check my Mod's inventory I could see I had not received my game rewards. I asked Awesome-Tom if he had gotten his rewards or had an error, and he showed me he had properly received his Tranquil Cleave. Luckily I had taken a screen shot of the rewards screen.

- Survival Cambria- Earth

- Error Occurred after the Match had ended.

- Progress Not Saved did not receive Items, after logging back in.

- Friend did receive rewards from the Match

- Screen shot Shows rewards and Mission Completion

- Rewards: 8000 credits, Tranquil Cleave, 5 min: Steel Fiber, 10 min: Sniper Ammo Mutation, 15 min: T3 Survival Key, 3 Neural Sensors, unknown amount of Rubedo, rare 5 Fusion Core.

Given this information can you help get back my items?

Thank you [DE]!

Attachments:

EE.log

Cambria Rewards Screen.png

[DE]Awesome-Dave
Hi Awesome-Bob,
I was able to correlate your account information with your friend Awesome-Tom and also utilize the pictures you provided to add the following missing rewards from this mission to your inventory:
8000 Credits
821 Rubedo
3 Neural Sensors
Tranquil Cleave
Steel Fiber
Sniper Ammo Mutation
T3 Survival Key
Rare Fusion Core

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know!

Your Experience will differ as all situations will have different circumstances. I wish you all the best of luck. And I hope I shed a bit of light on this dark corner of the Beta process and retrieval of Rewards.

https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Edited by xelectrowolfx

I really wish I had seen this before submitting my ticket earlier today.

I never got the "Progress could not be saved" popup, however, as I have in the past. In this instance, the mission completed as normal, except I was returned to the star chart instead of the lobby (which happens fairly often anyway). I tried to access the Foundry, and was forcefully logged out, and upon logging back in the progress was reverted. Would this still fall under this same scenario?

I tried just now to get a hold of the other guys from the mission but it seems they're offline now.

I really wish I had seen this before submitting my ticket earlier today.

I never got the "Progress could not be saved" popup, however, as I have in the past. In this instance, the mission completed as normal, except I was returned to the star chart instead of the lobby (which happens fairly often anyway). I tried to access the Foundry, and was forcefully logged out, and upon logging back in the progress was reverted. Would this still fall under this same scenario?

I tried just now to get a hold of the other guys from the mission but it seems they're offline now.

Yeah this still would fit under the same scenario. Just make sure you corroborate with the other players and submit any proof if you have it. Good luck!

I'm one of victims of this bug and i din't got any compensation because it took them over week to answer and i had forget names. They should make that you it doesn't break your party after finishing void or derelik mission so game can check that all did get rewards.

There is an easy fix for this and I already suggested it before. Just have the game save periodically throughout the mission and there is a good chance you will still get some/all of the nice items.

Second thing would be to implement a "retry" button. If the information was not saved then the client can try and send the information again by hitting retry until the player gets tired of doing it. The information is there on the client side because I could read a list of my rewards in the game just now on assur, but I still lost them. Rage, berserk, 2x second win, anti toxin and some other stuff I do not recall.

While warframe is a nice game, I have not had these problems in online games since I played Neverwinter nights(Bioware) on player made persistent worlds. But it was really rare to lose items due to all the anti cheat scripts that keep the inventory matched to the database. That old game did not even have that functionality in the game, it was added with mods.

I should have my teammates in the recent player list, but it is not worth the trouble attempting to get the items reimbursed. I would rather they put the effort into fixing the issue.

Edited by Frendh

• 1 month later...

Remember guys the other half of bug reporting these issues is for Fixing bugs with the game So when writing your reports please try to give as much information as you can pertaining to why it may have happened. Is your internet bad? Strict NAT? Unreliable ISP? [DE] giving our items back is a courtesy.

Edited by xelectrowolfx