Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Prime? Or Valkyr Vandel? What Do You Think?

Spikey844

We know that the current Valkyr was made in a Corpus lab. So what will happen when it gets Primed/Vandeled?

If it's prime, will it be a different warframe altogether? 

'Forged in the labs of the Zanuka project, the original Valkyr was subject to cruel experiments leaving her scarred, angry and frighteningly adept at killing.'

So who, or what, was the original Valkyr? Was she a Tenno whose warframe was replaced with what we now call a Valkyr? Or was there a warframe that was modified by the Corpus to produce Valkyr?

What do you guys think?

Vandal weaponry seems to be created by tenno, hence the lotus symbol on all of them. Other than that, Braton and lato have vandal versions, so it's not exclusive to Corpus equipment. By that logic Valkyr has as much chance to be "vandalized" as any other frame.

Although i agree that valkyr prime should have  different abilities 

Vandal weaponry seems to be created by tenno, hence the lotus symbol on all of them. Other than that, Braton and lato have vandal versions, so it's not exclusive to Corpus equipment. By that logic Valkyr has as much chance to be "vandalized" as any other frame.

Although i agree that valkyr prime should have  different abilities 

But it that is true, how do you explain the Prova Vandal?

So who, or what, was the original Valkyr? Was she a Tenno whose warframe was replaced with what we now call a Valkyr? Or was there a warframe that was modified by the Corpus to produce Valkyr?

Original Valkyr was a completely different Warframe (If I recall correctly, it had something to do with flowers) - But when captured by Salad V, the frame was stripped down piece by piece as Salad was trying to figure out how Warframes worked (With the Tenno inside still alive, feeling lots of pain and such)

The extensive damage to the Warframe, combined with the pure rage that the Tenno felt mutated the powers into what we now know today as Valkyr - Hence why the frame design is very "Stripped Down", with restraints on the arms (With optional Syandana being bindings).

Currently, neither Prime nor Vandal Valkyr makes sense when incorporating the background for the frame (Since the original frame was completely different and Primes are the original Orokin versions of things) and repairing the frame would likely "Repair" the powers at least somewhat.

She was not made in a Corpus lab. She was captured by Salad V while in cryo-sleep, like many others, which led to the Gradivus Dilemma event. And then Salad V had some fun with her. Well whatever passes as "fun" for him. So torture and stuff. You know, the usual.^^

Then she escaped. Or something like that.

But I can't imagine a Valkyr Prime, a Valkyr with gold finish sounds... meh. Now a Valkyr Vandal... Would need to fit the lore. So might be difficult.^^'

Original Valkyr was a completely different Warframe (If I recall correctly, it had something to do with flowers) - But when captured by Salad V, the frame was stripped down piece by piece as Salad was trying to figure out how Warframes worked (With the Tenno inside still alive, feeling lots of pain and such)

The extensive damage to the Warframe, combined with the pure rage that the Tenno felt mutated the powers into what we now know today as Valkyr - Hence why the frame design is very "Stripped Down", with restraints on the arms (With optional Syandana being bindings).

Currently, neither Prime nor Vandal Valkyr makes sense when incorporating the background for the frame (Since the original frame was completely different and Primes are the original Orokin versions of things) and repairing the frame would likely "Repair" the powers at least somewhat.

^That. Thank you.^^

Edited by Marthrym

I think if Valkyr gets a Prime it should be like Amazon Prime or something. A different but related frame.

Vandel Stronk!

...they said they will only make prime version to pre-U9 frames. This means Nova and others will not get prime versions.

Source? I haven't heard that.

But it that is true, how do you explain the Prova Vandal?

He's almost right. Vandals are anything modified by Lotus. While she clearly prefers Tenno weapons, there are exceptions like Braton or the afor mentioned Prova.

She wasn't specifically Corpus as much as a byproduct as Alad V's deals, so  vandal isn't really going to happen imo.

Warframes tend to get primes. Some, like Nova (creation of Design Council, and therefore not from Orokin Era) should NOT be getting primes, but Valkyr should. This prime would probably be a Prime of what Valkyr looked like BEFORE she got experimented on, so she could look completely different. Again, just my opinion.

Edited by michaelwii

Warframes tend to get primes. Some, like Nova (creation of Design Council, and therefore not from Orokin Era) should NOT be getting primes, but Valkyr should. This prime would probably be a Prime of what Valkyr looked like BEFORE she got experimented on, so she could look completely different. Again, just my opinion.

I think the same as you. Not all of the warframes will have Prime versions because of the Lore ( that we know a very little about sadly ).

So if this is true, shouldn't it be possible for Tenno to evolve and adapt to their conditions?

After all those in the frames do have a virus, if I'm not mistaken. So do you think it's possible for the other frames to evolve rather than get a prime version?

And as you mentioned Repair, I think that would be the virus receding to an earlier state wouldn't it, so she'd likely have a name change if her powers are different. I think she should qualify for another frame altogether seeing as how her environment changed her powers.

Vandel Stronk!

...they said they will only make prime version to pre-U9 frames. This means Nova and others will not get prime versions.

This...

And just for your info, OP...

Vandal styled weapons are/were vandalized by tenno!!!!!

Does this mean they will sneak into her closet and paint whoever of the women drives valkyr?!

So if this is true, shouldn't it be possible for Tenno to evolve and adapt to their conditions?

After all those in the frames do have a virus, if I'm not mistaken. So do you think it's possible for the other frames to evolve rather than get a prime version?

And as you mentioned Repair, I think that would be the virus receding to an earlier state wouldn't it, so she'd likely have a name change if her powers are different. I think she should qualify for another frame altogether seeing as how her environment changed her powers.

It's possible for Frames to "Evolve" (Though, the Frame, isn't infected - Only the Tenno inside. The Tenno have inherent powers due to the Technocyte Virus (The same one the Infested have) and the Frame allows them to control it and harness the power effectively) - But unlikely.

Valkyr's powers were changed mostly because of the severe damage done to the frame (The conduit through which powers are controlled) - Combined with the intense emotional and physical distress the Tenno inside had been through.

When I talk about repair, I mean literally repairing the Frame - As it was taken apart by Salad V for his experiments (That's why half the helmet is missing, and why there is very little armour plating and lots of exposed wires and structures such as the spine) rather than any sort of interaction with the virus.

It's possible for Frames to "Evolve" (Though, the Frame, isn't infected - Only the Tenno inside. The Tenno have inherent powers due to the Technocyte Virus (The same one the Infested have) and the Frame allows them to control it and harness the power effectively) - But unlikely.

Valkyr's powers were changed mostly because of the severe damage done to the frame (The conduit through which powers are controlled) - Combined with the intense emotional and physical distress the Tenno inside had been through.

When I talk about repair, I mean literally repairing the Frame - As it was taken apart by Salad V for his experiments (That's why half the helmet is missing, and why there is very little armour plating and lots of exposed wires and structures such as the spine) rather than any sort of interaction with the virus.

I agree with most of what you're saying here, but as it stands we have no connection between the Warframe-era Technocyte virus and the Tenno. Most of the Dark Sector-Era-style abilities of Hayden Tenno seem to have been replaced by powers that Originate in the Void. Which it's possible the Orokin-made Tenno are infected it is far from certain.

What is sure, however is that the Warframes are made, at least partially from Technocyte material as nano spores, plastids and/or Mutagen samples/Masses are used in the construction of almost all Warframes.

Given what was said by DE in livestream 10 I'm pretty sure that the Dark-Sector Era technocyte "living metal" is actually the foundation of all Orokin Tech (AKA Forma) and the more modern organic "infestation" is a wild experimental offshoot.

We know that the current Valkyr was made in a Corpus lab. So what will happen when it gets Primed/Vandeled?

If it's prime, will it be a different warframe altogether? 

'Forged in the labs of the Zanuka project, the original Valkyr was subject to cruel experiments leaving her scarred, angry and frighteningly adept at killing.'

What do you guys think?

The current Valkyr is a twist/mutation of the original one.

There are no confirmations that Vandals are purely, strictly Corpus-only-designed weapons. It is a rumor, and a stupid rumor at that.

So, neither.

exactly! so a untouched (or prime) valkyr would be a completely new frame, with new skill set

i would like, if possible, a skin like what they did with excalibur (proto skin) for valkyr, with her untouched form *o*

Edited by douglasdamm