Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

@de: Redirection Mod Drop Rate Is Not Fine! Please Look Into It.

NazFTW

So when Update 7 was introduced I was at about 109 hours of playtime with around 450 mods in my inventory. These screenshots were taken today:

KJlODMU.png

OL81tRU.png

I now have 156 hours and 1414 mods (not including the ones I used to fuse!) with ZERO Warframe Redirection mods!

I heard DE_Steve say he personally checked the Redirection mod in the loot table and "it's fine" (his words). If this is fine, then I'm the pope. Is this amount of farm for a common mod intended? I think it's pretty clear that it's not fine. There must be a bug with it sharing the same name as the Sentinel mod or something along those lines, but I give up. I've been playing today and got like 8 redirections, all for sentinel. Game is trolling me too hard.

Edited by NazFTW

Dude, its not bugged its just that they changed the drop rate for other things. Sentinal mods are a universal drop, so that means they can be dropped from any one of the corpus, infected, grineer. Recently also, at least I'm pretty damn sure like many others noticed they changed the ability mod drops on infected, now infecteds drop an assortment of mods, and salvage and circuts reducing ability mod drop rates, which means it would also increse the drop rate of garbage mods like this in theory. None the less, these mods are universal drops it seems fine to me.

I have 49 hours of gameplay, heck maybe less considering some idlying and I've had 2 or 3 redirections for my warframe at least! I fact I have one sitting in my warframe every since... Well I don't know, it was actually one of the very first mods drops I had to be honest and I have another one siting in waiting for another warframe which is currently building. Do I find them low? Yes I do, but not THAT low. I do see from your experience where it can be a pain in the &#! however.

I play with a friend who had it dropped after a bit of playing, maybe some 20 hours or so but it did drop though I'm not sure he uses it and if he does it's a t a prety basic level, he's on a loki warframe and doesn't relies as much on it as he does on stealth... At any rate, the rate should be slightly improved but overall I don't find it that bad in my personal experience.

When the mod is marked as common and you got 0 but you're sitting on pages of rare mods then something is definitely not fine. I understand that some people got lucky and got one or a couple shield mod drops pretty fast but go compare the amount with some other common mods like Fast Hands. Cases like mine should NOT be happening if everything is working as intended. If this is exactly like they want it to work then I have no other comment. A common drop not dropping after this many hours and drops (1 in 1000 and still going) points to either ridiculous coding or a bug.

I have gotten 3 of them, 1 from a mission, and 2 from regular drops... I just hold on to them tightly... But that instance is insane bad luck or bugged... I dunno what to say. Although both times I got them I was fighting Corvus, and I got the Sentinel Redicrection from Infested... Maybe the link is there?

Yes, I get it. Some of you got the mod after X amount of hours. The point of this topic is not to come in here and pretend that everything is ok just because you had the mod drop after a while. The friends that I play with also had the mod drop for them, one of them has 2 Redirections, the other one has 8. We pretty much played together the entire time. That doesn't mean it's ok to not get it 1 in 1000+ drops, it just confirms that something is wrong indeed.

So when Update 7 was introduced I was at about 109 hours of playtime with around 450 mods in my inventory. These screenshots were taken today:

KJlODMU.png

OL81tRU.png

I now have 156 hours and 1414 mods (not including the ones I used to fuse!) with ZERO Warframe Redirection mods!

I heard DE_Steve say he personally checked the Redirection mod in the loot table and "it's fine" (his words). If this is fine, then I'm the pope. Is this amount of farm for a common mod intended? I think it's pretty clear that it's not fine. There must be a bug with it sharing the same name as the Sentinel mod or something along those lines, but I give up. I've been playing today and got like 8 redirections, all for sentinel. Game is trolling me too hard.

All hail pope NazFTW!

No seraously thankyou for this screenshot, it really does just prove that the drop rate is absolutley $&*&*#(%&.

All hail pope NazFTW!

No seraously thankyou for this screenshot, it really does just prove that the drop rate is absolutley $&*&*#(%&.

Definitely true this is $&*&*#(%&. I've been farming for redirection for two weeks now FFS and not a single mother effin won. I also don't believe that this loot table thing isn't rigged somehow. I had difficulty in getting vit, but after I acquired vit I suddenly got three more in less than an hour when I farmed for my first one for 8.

Please fix this redirection mod drop BS. 12 pages of mods and the only redirection I have is for my mother effin sentinel. I don't even bring it on missions anymore since I think its the reason all my 3 redirects are for sentinel is that I bring him. I have more warframe skill mods than a common skill mod. I acquired three artifacts the past two weeks without so much as a sight of a redirect for my frame. This is ridiculous for a common mod.

I will run it through some test code and see if you're the pope. I triple checked that It is in the drop table, flagged 'common' for all 3 factions.

Maybe you can also look at Redirections drop percentage among the common mods?

It may be that it is marked as a common mod and a common drop for all 3 factions, but its drop percentage among all of the common drops is too low?

E.g. lets say you have 4 common mod drops and 3 are at say 30% a piece and the fourth is at 10%. That means that while they are all "common" the first ones willd drop a majority of the time and the final one will not seem to be common at all because the enemy has to drop a common mod, and then out of that you have a much smaller chance to get that fourth mod.

While it is fine to have different drop percentages for each mod in the common category maybe you need to rebalance those percentages a little, namely increasing the drop percentage of warframe redirection amongst the common drops while lowering the drop chance of sentinal redirection?

Edited by Tsukinoki

So when Update 7 was introduced I was at about 109 hours of playtime with around 450 mods in my inventory.

Might be labeled common but it sure does not drop like one.

Might be labeled common but it sure does not drop like one.

My thoughts on it is that it is labled as common, but its drop chance among the common drop table is just too low, see my previous post in this thread for a better description.

Yep and actually this is not the only mod with this problem. When you play over a long period of time you notice some mods are dropping at a consistent rate while others don't, although they share the same rarity. An example would be Clip size for Shotgun or Flow for rares etc. If you get at the bottom of this, you might want to check some other mods as well because this is not a single scenario.

Pretty sure if you ask people to check their inventories you will see anomalies such as certain mods (even common) will have dropped only once or twice while the others have dropped 15+ times. When you get a large enough sample (say 1000+ mods) that points to something fishy going on in the background.

i too will bow to pope NazFTW.

also, yea. drop rate is borked. what Tsukinoki said, probably; that in the common mods pool, its 'weight' is too low.

maybe there should just be a section in market where these can be bought? say like, 10k the first time, and then cost goes up incrementally with each purchase, to make it so you can't just buy your way to max-level as easily?

sell vitality, redirection, marathon... the common primary stat mods. "Flow" is supposed to be rare, so ok skip that, but still...

My theory....becausae redirection for sentinels is named the exact same.....when you are supposed to see a warframe mod redirection, you instead get a sentinel.

My hypothosis.

Yep, I think the sentinel mods interact with the warframe ones in some weird way which results into stuff like this. But Flow isn't a sentinel mod.. so unless they specifically made Flow drop rarer than the other Rare mods, something else is broken.

Just out of curiosity, how many Sentinal Redirection mods do the people with warframe Redirection mods have? I still haven't gotten any warframe ones, but if I got one before my next sentinal it would be on the order of 10-15 sentinal: warframe. It's definitely acting like a "mythic common" for a lot of people.

Edited by TheTenthDoc

I have also noticed that some mods are really rare despite being "common" or "uncommon".

Ive got tons of rare puncture mods and often just 1-2 of some common mod.

Im missing only one mod thats not a warframe skill and thats "Sundering Strike".

Same here , it seem Fast Deflection (Warframe) / Vitality (warframe) / Redirection (Warframe) / Flow (warframe) / Electric melee damage , are like uber rare. The only I still haven't dropped his Flow and I've countless Rare 5 fusion core at the same time ( easily 1 or 2 page ) , seem fishy to me.

Edited by Haruspice

I've only JUST gotten my first frame Redirection - just over a week of play so far. Lost count of the number of Sentinel Redirections I've gotten. Quite sure there's a broken interaction due to the shared name.

Follow up guys: A bug in 'enemy drop level' -> 'drop table' has been fixed and will be rolling out in the next update. NazFTW - you were right (and you're not the pope). As enemy level increased there were fewer and fewer mod possibilities in the drop set. Basically the opposite of what was intended. #@%^@#&*@

Thanks for your patience guys - will roll this into the next update.