Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

4:3 Resolution Is Messed Up

Guest Tehnoobshow

Guest Tehnoobshow

I have a pretty bad computer, so I have to play Warframe on the lowest settings with a low resolution(and I still lag on Earth Survival). Until I found out how to change the config files I was playing on 4:3 resolution in a 800x600 window (I actually feel better with a small window because Warframe's max FOV is still not enough for me). After switching to my current display 16:10 in a 896x560 window. After switching, I noticed a few things that were different from 4:3

-the aiming reticle was actually a semi circle as opposed to a parabola

-Warframes were normal human proportions as opposed to looking like professional basketball players

-the splash screen was not distorted

-text was wider and more legible

However, some things were still the same such as the Lotus/Boss dialogue and the shape of the planets on the map

So, I decided to do some testing, by playing with 4:3 resolution in a 896x560 window, and playing 16:10 resolution in a 800x600 window. These are some of the things I discovered.

4:3 in 896x560

-everything was stretched horizontally, so Warframes were fat midgets, the reticle was flat, and planets were squished

16:10 in 800x600

-everything was stretched vertically, including the planets on the loading screen

I then played around with the window size in 4:3 resolution and found a size that made everything look the right way.

Conclusion (TL:DR):

It seems that the 4:3 resolution in the options menu is not actually a 4:3 resolution but rather something between 4:3 and 16:10, hence how I managed to make everything look right by changing the window size.

On the other hand, it could be that some things are able to be distorted in order to fit a resolution (such as the star chart) and other things are locked in and end up being squished (like the aiming reticle) and that by changing the window size in 4:3, I did distort certain things but it was not enough to be noticeable.

Also, my monitor has a really weird size 1366x768 [1366=2*683(a prime number)] , so it could be that.

Edited by Tehnoobshow

i get the exact same thing when i made 2 warframe clients seamless horizontal splitscreen, the starmap in particular looks stupid, often the text doesnt align with the planets as well, and yeah some of the HUD can look a mess.

Guest Tehnoobshow

gl3e7ptc.jpg

this is what i get on any possible resolution

Have you tried adjusting your window size? If you play in full screen, try switching to windowed mode.