Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Makes Clipboard(Ctrl+C/v) Stop Working

Kiaru

Having warframe open randomly makes your clipboard say "Access denied" and not allow you to use copy/paste ANYWHERE, in game or outside game, until you close the game.

Please fix this.

Edited by Kiaru

i have a feeling this is more related to User Account Control and Windows permissions more than it is Warframe.

It's not, I've never had it happen in any other game or application in 4 years of using this PC. It also happens to my friends, so it's not just me. Seems to be a recent bug.

It's not, I've never had it happen in any other game or application in 4 years of using this PC. It also happens to my friends, so it's not just me. Seems to be a recent bug.

and similarly, i've never had this happen before.

when setting up Windows however, i made sure to gut it so that the most annoying parts of it were either disabled or deleted entirely.

i have never had an application render the Clipboard unusable.

if you'd like to try to figure out what's wrong, great. but it's not happening with every person in the world, so it's not automatically Warframe. 

the first thing to check would be what permission level Warframe is running in, what permission level your user account is, and how you're controlling User Account Control. see if something sounds wrong. 

Found out how to replicate bug. Press CTRL+C while in the middle of typing in the in game chat box. Breaks your clipboard until you close the game.

edit: Does not work.

Edited by Kiaru

It's happening to both me and my boyfriend on completely different OS and computers(PC and laptop). That broke it for him but not me. Not sure how to replicate :(

Edited by Kiaru