Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Magus - Summoner Warframe (Support/damage Hybrid) [Update: 3/14/2015]

Morec0

My third attempt at creating a Warframe concept. Enjoy the attempt and the idea. Please leave comments, I like comments.

Updates:

Updated Title

Added Art

Inspiration:

This thread: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/231192-summoner-frame/

Purpose:

Summons units and deals damage, some crowd control capability from the summoned units, utility and damage from summoned units. 

Art:

0e7a512033fd390edf998e278c678566_zps1483Art By: Kazkyu (check out more: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/230323-kaz-and-arch111-artists-for-hire-please-help-us-get-this-pinned/ )

I'll be honest - though the overall look of the Warframe itself is good (though I'm not sure what's up with the hand), the Elementals are NOT at all what I pictured them looking like. Think of them more like this. Still, I'm grateful for the art and effort put into it.

Stats:

Health: 100 (250 at Rank 30)
Shield: 100 (300 at Rank 30)
Power: 100 (200 at Rank 30)
Armor: 10
Sprint Speed: .95
Stamina: 110
Polarities: V , Bar
Aura Polarity: Bar

Ability 1 - Conjure – Magus calls upon his control of the Void to summon energy from it and warp it into a humanoid shape. The created "Void Elemental" attacks with slow beams that deal Electric damage and follows Magus. The "Elementals" tap into Magus' Health and Shield numbers to determine their own Health and Shields.

Every fusion level increases the max number of "Elementals," the damage they deal, and their duration.

Health and Shields: 60% of Magus' current Health and Shields

Damage: 60 / 100 / 140 / 180

Range: 100 meters

Number of Void Elementals: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4

Duration: 12 / 24 / 36 / 48 seconds

Cost: 20

Ability 2 - Solidify – Magus instantly solidifies a single target. If this ability is used on an enemy they will take Cold damage and be frozen in place and unable to move for a duration; if this ability is used on a "Void Elemental" it will become a solid creature with a melee attack and additional health and shields that can also pull enemies away from the players they're attacking.

Every fusion level increase the damage and duration of Solidify when cast on an enemy and the range of the "Elemental's" pull and additional percentage of health and shields when cast on an "Elemental"; abilities used on the "Elementals" are permanent and cannot be changed.

Ability Damage: 20 / 40 / 60 / 80

Frozen Duration: 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 seconds

Bonus Health and Shields: 50 / 100 / 150 / 200 each

Cost: 20

Ability 3 - Aether – Magus conjures forth a gust of Void Wind to strike a single target. If this ability is used on an enemy they will take Heat damage and deal Heat damage equal to the damage they took in an area around them to all other enemies; if this ability is used on a "Void Elemental" it will become unable to attack but remain by Magus' side and gain a pulsating aura that heals and restores energy to nearby allies.

Every fusion level increase the damage and area of effect when cast on an enemy and the range and power of the aura effect when cast on an "Elemental"; abilities used on the "Elementals" are permanent and cannot be altered.

Ability Damage: 20 / 30 / 40 / 50

Ability AoE Damage: 10 / 20 / 30 / 40

Health Per Pulse: 10

Energy Per Pulse: 5

Number of Pulses: 1 / 2 / 3 / 40 per second

Cost: 30

Ability 4 - Kū / Sora – Magus draws upon the very essence of the Void. If this ability is used on an enemy they will take damage and suffer from a DoT effect that saps their health and movement speed for its duration; if this ability is used on a "Void Elemental" it will become super-charged and gain a rapid-fire attack and a pulsating aura that will temporarily increase the attack speed and damage of nearby allies.

Every fusion level increases the damage and duration of the DoT effect when cast on an enemy and the damage of the Elemental and the range and power of the aura effect when cast on an "Elemental"; abilities used on "Elementals" are permanent and cannot be altered.

Ability Damage: 50 / 150 / 200 / 250

Ability Damage Over Time: 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 per second

Ability Duration: 4 / 6 / 8 / 10

Attack Speed Increase: 10 / 15 / 30 / 40 percent

Damage Increase: 15 / 20 / 25 / 40 percent

Pulse Frequency: 1 per 5 seconds

Codex:

With a high affinity for the Void itself, Magus specializes in bringing the birthplace of the Tenno to bear as a weapon against his enemies and a boon for his allies.

Augments:

Conjure Explosion - Conjure - When Void Elementals expire they will detonate in an AoE burst dealing damage in an area based on what type of Elemental they were (Regular=Blast, Solid=Impact, Aether=Heat, Kū / Sora=Radiation).

Liquefy - Solidify - Solidify now deals Heat damage instead of Cold and causes any Void Elemental it is cast upon to have a Lifesteal effect on its attacks instead of bonus Health and Shields.

Aether Flash - Aether - Aether now deals slash damage if used on an enemy and causes any Void Elemental it is cast on to deal damage to any nearby enemies instead of providing Health and Energy regeneration.

Edited by Morec0

no shut up, and dont f**king swear again b***h, lol

Sticks and stones may break my bones,

But words will leave deep emotional scars that never heal.

*sobs in corner*

*with icecream*

Edited by Morec0

I like it ! 

May I suggest you put some details in the thread's title for clarity ? (like "summoner frame", "complex kickass warframe", "support/summon" ...)

I like the idea of getting different effects whever we use an ability on an enemy or an elemental. This kind of mechanic lacks in the game.

this is my kinda warframe! excellent idea! and i love where you got the inspiration ;)

Inspiration is a funny thing like that.

I like it ! 

May I suggest you put some details in the thread's title for clarity ? (like "summoner frame", "complex kickass warframe", "support/summon" ...)

I like the idea of getting different effects whever we use an ability on an enemy or an elemental. This kind of mechanic lacks in the game.

Yeah, I probably should do that... Dunno why I don't...

And I agree, we've got a precedent for it in terms of Zephyr's tornadoes be able to be elemental-ized, so I think it could go one step further and have the focus of some abilities be this kind of effect-swapping. Another neat idea would be to be able to combine two of the different ability effects to create a brand new one for the Elemental, but that may also get a little too complicated for such a new idea (perhaps it could be patched in later?)

Another neat idea would be to be able to combine two of the different ability effects to create a brand new one for the Elemental, but that may also get a little too complicated for such a new idea (perhaps it could be patched in later?)

A little too much in the actual state of the game, but it could be awesome. 

As long as one's ability doesn't interfere with another one's...

A little too much in the actual state of the game, but it could be awesome. 

As long as one's ability doesn't interfere with another one's...

Hmmm, I never considered the possibility of the Voidlings(? Voidspawn?) being affected by another player using Magus... I think a stipulation could easily be put in that you can't cast on another Magus' elemental, with a name like "Morec0's Voidspawn" to help clarify to who it belongs to.

• 9 months later...