Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Angstrum And Multishot

Retrikaethan

it seems that 180% multishot on the angstrum only results in two rockets firing instead of 80% chance for 3 ( i shot a lot of single charges to confirm). send halp plox

i lied! it seems the angstrum fires in a fixed spread. the more rounds you fire in a single shot the more the 80% comes into effect. with 6 shots fired simultaneously, 16 rockets are produced with 180% multishot, which is accurate.

Edited by Retrikaethan

You can only see 2 projectiles, true. I suspect the third rocket is right next to one of them, making it hard to see. 

no, i was simply mistaken. the angstrum functions differently than i had thought. it is really only two on the small, but the number goes to 16 if you fire 6 rounds at once, which is accurate.

I just gave this a quick test using 180% multishot and the corrupted damage mod to make the spread bigger so the count was obvious.

Fires 2 every time if I do a single shot.

Seems to fire 8 almost* every time if I charge all 3.

1 round @ 180% multishot is 2.8

3 @ +180% = 8.4

6 @ +180% = 16.8

EDIT--

NM, looked up Multishot to refresh my memory. Decimal should always be a % chance even with shotguns.

It definitely seems to fire in a fixed pattern, so all I can figure is that it's sometimes firing a third rocket when doing single shots @ 180%, but the pattern logic is sending two of them to the same point. If I really wanted to know, I guess I'd take off the corrupted mod and shoot at something with a lot of HP, see how many damage numbers came up. I'm going to bed though.

Edited by VKhaun

It seems like you guys are right; the "chance for extra shot" is not present for the Angstrum.

But I can't remember if I made it that way for a good reason....  I will check it out and if there isn't a good reason, I'll bring back "chance for extra shot" on the Angstrum.

It seems like you guys are right; the "chance for extra shot" is not present for the Angstrum.

But I can't remember if I made it that way for a good reason....  I will check it out and if there isn't a good reason, I'll bring back "chance for extra shot" on the Angstrum.

So does that mean that it's better to not put multishot mods untill you change it to not waste slots?

So does that mean that it's better to not put multishot mods untill you change it to not waste slots?

Let me tell you what secret feature he hid. Clip size mods work as multishot mods on charge shots.

I think it is cool that multishot only applies fully on the charged shot (whether it was intended or not). I always thought that such measures would be a good way to nerf (which, in my opinion, is needed) multishot on pistols - at least those that have a charge (okay fine: Balistica and Stug).

Off topic: Anyway, I cannot wait until my Angstrum comes out of the oven tonight!