Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Creativity-Based Warframe (Name: Creō) (Building Elements To Come)

Renegade343

Hello all, 

I have a potentially unique idea about a new Warframe named Creō (Latin term meaning 'to create'). He utilises his creations, made from nano-machines, against the enemy, turning the battle into his favour (a tactical Warframe that requires actual thinking to survive). Stats are: 

Health: 75 (225 at 30)

Shield: 75 (225 at 30)

Armor: 15

Energy: 100 (150 at 30)

Sprint speed: 1.1

Stamina: 125

Polarities:

Aura - Dash

Warframe - One Dash, One V

The reason for such low health/armour/shield stats is due to his role. He is meant to support and turn the battle around using tactics, not for tanking enemy hits. 

Abilities: 

Augment: Creō creates a modification on his body, increasing his survivability. 

Spawn Turret (Placeholder name): Creō creates a turret from the nano-machines, providing additional firepower to his allies. 

Spawn Barricade (Placeholder name): Creō creates a defensive structure, defending himself and other allies from enemy fire. 

Spawn Support Squad (Placeholder name): Creō creates a nano-machine based squad, either defending himself from harm, suppressing enemies or charging through enemy lines.

All of these abilities will have hitpoints (Spawn Support Squad will instead have individual hitpoints for each unit), increased by power strength and power efficiency. Duration can be increased by power duration. 

What is unique about these abilities is that all of them require a full Energy bar to activate, meaning that it cannot be spammed as easily. However, to counter this, increasing Maximum Energy will increase the Power Strength of the abilities, calculated by dividing the Maximum Energy by the Base Energy (e.g.: At Level 30, Creō will have 150 Energy, and the Power Strength will be 150/100 = 1.5, meaning that Power Strength is multiplied by 1.5). Thus, the use of Flow will have a significant impact on this Warframe, unlike the others. When using these abilities, energy regeneration is 0 until either the hitpoints of the creations is 0 or the duration is up.

Power Strength Mods increase the strength of the creations in an additive format, and Power Efficiency Mods decrease the Base Energy used to calculate Power Strength multiplier, at a cap of 60-70% reduction. Thus, both Power Strength Mods and Power Efficiency Mods increase strength of the creations.

Also, to counter the fact that a full Energy bar must be achieved to activate, this Warframe will have innate energy regeneration (1-2 Energy per second), with Energy Siphon regenerating twice (or thrice) as much energy per second compared to other Warframes, Energy Leech Leaders only leach 2.5 Energy per second (half the leech amount per second compared to other Warframes), and Ancient Disruptors/Shock Eximus only remove half its maximum Energy. In this way, it will not be locked out of its abilities.

Now to the unique selling point: The creations. 

As stated above, all the abilities create something. Thus, to enforce that, players can create items for these abilities to suit their play-style or the mission, increasing adaptability and creativity from players to make unique creations to support themselves/the squad in unique ways. These creations can be saved, like loadouts (will be limitless, if possible, like Lego Universe) and used repeatedly, without fear of deletion if the creations get destroyed in battle. Note that players cannot change creations in the middle of a mission. All these abilities have a capacity meter, meaning the more elements you use, the higher the capacity meter gets until it reaches the maximum, where you cannot build any more and must delete to free up space. Different elements have different values of capacity, so build wisely.

So, onto the elements given to players to create war equipment: 

Augment:

This ability utilises both enemies' and players' owned weapons (this includes a enemy plasma grenade launcher), defensive skills and objects (Grineer Lancer Shield, Rhino's Iron Skin etc.) and utility (Increased shielding etc.). For enemies' weapons and objects, the codex log for that particular enemy must be fully scanned in order to use said enemy's weapon/object. For player Warframe powers and weapons, the player must own the Warframe/weapons and maxed it. Note that the powers and weapons while using Augment are of base power, with no mods, but damage is scaled to enemy level of the map (so no Split-Chamber, Max Serration, Elemental weaponry, nor 3000 extra health from Rhino's Maxed Power Strength Iron skin). Some items can be combined together for a different effect (e.g. Gorgon + Soma = Gorgon with high accuracy but lower fire rate). This should give incentive to use the codex more often, and to drastically improve survivability. You need explosives? Build a Penta or a Ogris on your left arm. You feel that you may need to tank one to two areas in a map? Create a Lancer shield or increase your own shield. How well you survive may depend on the type of Augmentation you built and brought for the mission.

Spawn Turret:

This will use custom elements. There will be a category for different types of turret heads (railgun, gatling, rockets etc.), a body (thick armor, shielding, or mobility, for instance), and a support (tripod or treadmills, for example). That means what you build for this ability can affect how well you can support the squad or yourself in order to survive. Need to flank with it? Install some treadmills, at the cost of lower attack power. Need your teammates to hide behind it in case things get very hairy? Build thick armor, at the cost of low turning/movement speed. In order to manually control the turret, a Controller must be implemented, along with a seat so the Warframe could control it. If not, then it will automatically attack. This way, you could either want this ability to spawn an additional, automaton war machine to attack enemies while you try to attack others, or take control and land precision/long range strikes. The building interface and functions will be like free building in Lego Universe (stacking, snapping etc.)

Spawn Barricade:

This will use custom elements. There will be a category for different types of walls (Ferrite, Alloy etc.), with different cosmetic choices (although these cosmetic choices affect how well you are defended. due to height/width/length differences). Thus, you can either have the ability surround yourself with the walls to take a breather, block off an area to funnel enemies, or simply allow teammates to have a better firing position without tanking hits.

Spawn Support Squad:

This will use enemies in the codex. There will be a category for enemy bodies, armour, shielding, weapons, attachments etc.. In order to use a particular enemy's elements, said enemy must be fully scanned. Eximus units, the Harvester and the Grustrag Three can be used, but at a cost of higher capacity (especially the Harvester and the Grustrag Three). Under normal circumstances (using normal enemies), 3 units can be built. The damage they deal out depends on the weapon you gave them, and the weapons use base damage, scaled to the enemy level of the map (or a bit more to make this skill worth it). Hitpoints are also at base level, scaled to the enemy level of the map. That means you can have a Corpus Crewman wearing both armour and shield, at the cost of decreased value of both, or a Grineer Seeker with a Marelok(!) blowing off people's bodies, or even an Electric Crawler that somehow totes a Grakata and fires both bullets and continuous electricity. How you build these units for use in the Spawn Support Squad ability can affect the tide of the battle.

Concept Art of the Warframe itself (Thanks to Arch111): 

AKcvOp1.jpg

By creating this Warframe, I hope to put some mods back into use, allow people to utilise the codex more, and also allow people to actually think while they play. 

After reading this, please give constructive comments about this Warframe, and whether or not it will be viable. 

Renegade343

To see my other threads, please go to my profile.

Edited by Renegade343

I like the idea though the full energy bar would be a bit tedious, especially with disruptors everywhere at times. Maybe just limit it to one creation at a time?

That could work as well, but there should be a base energy level for all of the powers. I think maybe at 100 for all powers (since they are all powerful in their own ways), with a 5-10 second cooldown before recasting? How does that sound to you if you were to play this Warframe?

EDIT: Forgot to add that the abilities will still use up all of the stored energy, but with a minimum activation energy value of 100. Excess energy increases Power Strength of the ability like the formula I wrote on the first post (e.g.: Activating the ability at 115 Energy will give 115/100 = 1.15x Power Strength). If this method is used, then Power Efficiency Mods only decrease the Base Energy used to calculate Power Strength multiplier to a cap of 30% [equivalent to a Max rank Streamline]), innate energy regeneration will be reduced to 1 Energy per second, Energy Leech reduces X's energy at 3 Energy per second, and Ancient Disruptors/Shock Eximus will only drain 75% of available energy (The amount of Energy X has before Disruption). 

Edited by Renegade343

This frame would likely take a lot of balancing but a summoning frame is greatly needed for this game. One of the few play types not yet implemented. I am not particularly good with all of the numbers and balancing but I like your idea. Should ask one of the artists lurking around the forums that offer up their services to get some drawings mocked up for this frame/powers. That tends to increase the amount of views/feedback something gets substantially.

Before commenting, I mean I've read all the text. 

The problem with this Warframe (X) is that it is ... too good. 

Complexity, number of options, its tactical depth Warframes eclipse all.

Let me make clear: the idea is excellent. But unfortunately DE not implemented. The business strategy is to make all of the mediocre Warframes (Mediocre = midpoint). This ensures that any Warframe stand too much about the rest (and thus prevent players use a single Warframe). 

Your Warframe (X) stands out. Even so, congratulations. 

Note: forgive my text, English is not my language.

Edited by Awazx

Before commenting, I mean I've read all the text. 

The problem with this Warframe (X) is that it is ... too good. 

Complexity, number of options, its tactical depth Warframes eclipse all.

Let me make clear: the idea is excellent. But unfortunately DE not implemented. The business strategy is to make all of the mediocre Warframes (Mediocre = midpoint). This ensures that any Warframe stand too much about the rest (and thus prevent players use a single Warframe). 

Your Warframe (X) stands out. Even so, congratulations. 

Note: forgive my text, English is not my language.

I just wanted to create a Warframe that would actually allow players to have choices. From playing around 600-700 hours on Warframe, I feel that most Warframes are somewhat restricted in terms of making tactical choices, so I created this to counter the downfall. This Warframe actually needs to be played well (i.e. not using forma just to make it better) from the player, meaning the player has to be thoughtful and observant while playing this Warframe, in order to bring out the best in him. Thus, his strong powers are countered by a steep learning curve (rushing with this Warframe will most likely result in death while playing solo) and his creations (this depends on the player). 

To make it short: Strong powers being balanced by steep learning curve, low survivability and the creativity of the player. 

Edited by Renegade343

"I just wanted to create a Warframe that would actually allow players to have choices."

That's the problem. When players are accustomed to your Warframe (X) will realize that they have real choices of play. You'll leave in second place all Warframe. Do you think that it will allow DE?

Your Warframe is the true Vauban.

Edited by Awazx

That's the problem. When players are accustomed to your Warframe (X) will realize that they have real choices of play. You'll leave in second place all Warframe others. Do you think that it will allow DE?

Your Warframe is the true Vauban.

I'm not too sure if it will actually eclipse all other Warframes, as X only allows one ability to be used at a time, instead of others spamming powers. I think a small test run with X may be needed to get a more clearer picture, as this is currently speculation (albeit one that makes sense). 

I'm not too sure if it will actually eclipse all other Warframes, as X only allows one ability to be used at a time, instead of others spamming powers. I think a small test run with X may be needed to get a more clearer picture, as this is currently speculation (albeit one that makes sense). 

I sense that you are already a veteran in this game. One of the most serious problems Warframe (the game) is that eventually gets boring. That I know of and are trying to fix it.

And one of the reasons that make Warframe boring over time is that the game lacks one crucial thing. Summarize it in three words: Options, options, options.

Your Warframe (X) provides options (many options) creative play. Too. The rest of Warframes can provide this? If the answer is NO, it's obvious your Warframe highlight too.

I sense that you are already a veteran in this game. One of the most serious problems Warframe (the game) is that eventually gets boring. That I know of and are trying to fix it.

And one of the reasons that make Warframe boring over time is that the game lacks one crucial thing. Summarize it in three words: Options, options, options.

Your Warframe (X) provides options (many options) creative play. Too. The rest of Warframes can provide this? If the answer is NO, it's obvious your Warframe highlight too.

If so, I hope the recent buffs/changes to existing Warframes can set the path for this Warframe to be in the game (I do agree that the current Warframes lack choices in gameplay, and by DE altering them, I hope that players can make choices in the existing Warframes in terms of gameplay (i.e. varied and tactical use of powers, synergy etc.)). 

As far as the one saying that choices would eclipse all Warframes basically, I think DE needs to implement the second ability set idea another had in the forum. Would give every Warframe some much needed variety. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/113127-alternate-skill-sets-for-warframes/

I read it, and I have to say I do like some of his proposed alternate abilities. I will bookmark and follow the thread for further inspiration. 

I will just take a moment to point out that this warframe would result in a lot of people going to Terminus with maxed builds and spawning obscene objects in other people's games....

Other than that, good ideas. The other main problem is that these abilities are just too far out of the norm.

Also, it would require a whole LOT more work to create than.... like.... any warframe created yet. You would need multiple, complex UIs. For one new 'frame. It's never gonna happen.

But, hey, at least you can get his 4 with Shadows of the Dead....