Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Ability Changes: Nova

[DE]Rebecca

Tenno,

As we continue the balance passes on the Warframes, we have more updates to report! The following post covers the changes to Nova from the desks of dev, specifically her Molecular Prime ability.

Molecular Prime:

- On cast, no longer instantly affects all enemies in a radius, now grows out from Novas casting position with a new visual effect. This is affected by Duration mods.

- Explosive radius of primed enemies has been brought in (6,7,8,10 meters per mod rank). This is closer to other explosive weapons in the game. This is affected by range mods.

- Duration now scales with level but has been brought in line with other power durations (10,15,20,30 seconds per mod rank). This is affected by Duration mods.

- Slow-motion effect on enemies now scale with level (.75,.7,.6,.5 percent of normal speed) This is affected by Strength mods, but will have a cap on how slow you can make your enemies overall.

- Slow-motion effect on enemies now scale with level (.9,.8,.75,.7 percent of normal speed) This is affected by Strength mods, but will have a cap on how slow you can make your enemies overall.

- Primed explosions are now offset slightly for performance reasons (creating tons of ragdolls in same frame can cause visible hitches).  

Please feel free to discuss these changes within this thread, but stay constructive. Comments and remarks that don’t contribute in a meaningful way will be hidden so surrounding discussions remain on-point.

These changes will be arriving in the near future PC (likely with the next content update) and within the next major Update on PS4. We’ll be able to address any immediate issues within a hotfixes, and longer term feedback over time as these changes are tried out and adapted to.

Thank you for reading!

____

Updated information:

Firstly, for those wondering 'what about the damage multiplier', it will still be present and the changes do not touch this.

These changes will be going live in an near update on PC, and a future update for PS4. We'll be able to address immediate issues with hotfixes once this change is live on PC.

Edited by DERebecca
Added new information.

I'm certainly interested to hear of this new growing radius effect. How slow are we talking, or would it be similar to the sort of wave effect of Volt's ultimate (as opposed to the current instantaneous)?

Not so sure on radius, but hopefully will be noticeably effected by range mods? I say this because smaller numbers will barely scale from something like a 30% Stretch (unless I'm mistaken on that max).

Duration and slow proc make sense. Probably won't even be that noticeable a difference for those who already use a maxed Molecular Prime.

Edited by direcyphre

What about null star? She needs that ability tweaked a bit so that she has 4 skills worth taking with her.

All it needs is an improved range and to stagger enemies it hits, so it works like a mini shield against enemies that get too close... staggering them.

Edited by Hybridon

All of these sound fair enough, with the exception of the very first one. Not saying it's bad, but it seems to be a pretty radical change, and I won't be sure what to expect of it until I see it in action, but it kinda sounds like it will really mess things up in an emergency...

You guys should just remove the slow effect. Its not really a needed thing. Even with these changes.

Imo, all you guys needed todo was remove the slow effect and leave the rest the same. It still woulda worked fine then.

I like how parts of the ability is affected by Duration and Strength. The two were previously unimportant in the cookiecutter build for it. It would allow for ACTUAL min maxing. 

But, as DTexas stated, it seemed like a bit extra work for something that could be fixed by simply removing one of the many things Mprime did.

Edited by AscendantWyvern

tbh it doesnt sound too bad it is a reasonable change without gimping her too much or making the skill wortless. I also carry blind rage, intensify and stretch on her anyways so I dont even need to change my setup. Just interesting how the spread will work out

Can't wait to try it honestly.. I hated frost's change at first-- now he is more fun to play.. I can't wait to play trinity either-- invulnerability was a bit OP in my opinion.  The only problem I have with the current MP is it gives all the kills to nova.. and thats not even really that much of a problem-- as we still get xp for it.... alot of xp lol

what about the kills? people mainly cry about MP kill hogging...why not take away her 1/2 credit per kill and instead only credit her for what SHE kills??? after all. Banshees sonar affects everything, but she dont get the kills, same concept please!