Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Vulcanus - Earth/volcanic -Update New Art- 21/05/2014

RedSkittlez

warframe___vulcanus_redo_sketch_by_redsk

Theme: Earth/Volcanic and Greek/Roman Warrior

Role: Defender/Area Denial

Short Bio: Inspired by the Elements of old Warriors of mythology, and the gods of the old world, Vulcanus utilizes the elements inherent in the world around him to devastate his foes with crushing attacks, and deny his enemies the chance to retreat, forcing them to face the Tenno, much in the same way of the legends of Old Earth.

Vulcanus is a fusion of several different styles. Mixing contemporary Tenno armour designs, with those of the old world myths. Myths of powerful, battle-hardened warriors whose steel wills forged nations and destroyed armies. By harnessing Void Energy to manipulate molten rock, Vulcanus can manipulate the battle field in a multitude of ways, often forcing his opponents to face him on the field of honour rather than from behind cover. Those who refuse to fight Vulcanus, are fit only to die a coward's death.

It is thus that Vulcanus Stands firm on the battle field, forming a vicious bulwark for any Cell he is a part of.

Powers

Volcanic Spear - Summons a spear made of lava and rock to hurl at his enemies.

Shishkabob - Charges forward in a straight line, impaling all targets along the path. Lifting the spear high igniting them ablaze.

Vulcan's Hammer - Rains down a hammer made of lava impacting all targets in range, stunning all target just outside original area of impact.

Titan's Wrath - Melee mode: Vulcanus goes beserk mode, grows a lava shield and spear. grows exponentually while dealing blast and fire damage.

The Arena - Summons a pool of lava and stone surrounding Vulcanus, trapping all enemies in range to a duel to the death.

Meteor storm - summons a meteor shower above Vulcanus.

Eye of the Cyclops - Vulcanus tears open his helmet, produces a beam of molten metal towards his targets (inate punchthrough).

Fissure - Punches the ground causeing the ground to disrupt knocking all enemies backwards (cone area).

Chains of Tartarus - Summons molten chains to cause minor fire damage, but locks enemies in place for a time.

Shield of the Colossus - Right arm becomes a large shield, acting as cover, can only do minor shield bashes (melee button). 

*Disclaimer: these are all works in progress, fine detailing later on.

Edited by RedSkittlez

warframe___vulcanus_by_redskittlez_da-d7

Theme: Earth/Volcanic and Greek Warrior

Role: Defender/Area Denial

Short Bio: Inspired by the Elements of Greek Warrior mythology, and the gods of the old world, Vulcanus utilizes the elements inherent in the world around him to devastate his foes with crushing attacks, and deny his enemies the chance to retreat, forcing them to face the Tenno, much in the same way of the legends of Old Earth.

Vulcanus is a fusion of several different styles. Mixing contemporary Tenno armour designs, with those of the old world myths. Myths of powerful, battle-hardened warriors whose steel wills forged nations and destroyed armies. By harnessing Void Energy to manipulate molten rock, Vulcanus can manipulate the battle field in a multitude of ways, often forcing his opponents to face him on the field of honour rather than from behind cover. Those who refuse to fight Vulcanus, are fit only to die a coward's death.

It is thus that Vulcanus Stands firm on the battle field, forming a vicious bulwark for any Cell he is a part of.

Powers: As a clan project this section is a WIP

you got my +1 at volcano and greeks*

Edited by zebar1313

Ok! Thanks!

And did you draw that picture, red?

Suggestions for abilities:

Apocalypse (100 energy):

Eruptions, meteors, etc.

Magma Pool (25-75 energy):

Creates a pool of magma, doing damage and stick to people while melting armor. Vulcanus also gain some boosts while in it.

Melting Point (25-50 energy):

Removes armor from enemies while doing more damage when the enemy has more armor.

if you are taking volcanic and Pompeii how about some sort of petrify similar to freeze and adding impact weakness.

kind of

Gorgon Eye: frontal cone partial petrifaction on lower body, short duration stun, locks in place and adds impact weakness.

could be used as a "2nd" ability for some status + C.C. enemies are be able to attack after the stun but would still be locked in place for full duration.

Edit: if you want to avoid Myth reference you can change name to "Creeping Magma"

Holocaust : Circle around you total petrifaction, paralyzes all targets on cast for a short duration and adds impact weakness.  on duration end deal damage while breaking the stone cover, perhaps a knock down to add a little utility.

could be "4th" ability as equivalent to avalanche 

Edited by Edgedemon

Some suggestion:

Since he is based from Greek mythology, his alternate helmets should be name Prometheus, and Atlas, both are known for fire and earth, which combine to make magma.

The top of his head need to have that floating eagle feather thing like the roman soilder helmet, but with LAVA, yes, give him Lava hair

Since he is also look like a Spartan, I'm guessing one of his skill would be raising a Lava Phalanx shield to protect himself and friends?

Also, this is cool, can't wait to see more

I think that for his ultimate he should avoid anything that infringes on other warframes design space, particularly Ember or Frost. Falling rocks that are on fire just rehashes existing ultimates, after all.

I have two suggestions for potential powers.

1, his ultimate, would be some sort of earth/magma force style attack. This would be inspired by Atlas, holding the world on his back. Vulcanus would raise his hands above his head, generating a glowing orb. Patches of lava would appear surrounding him, and lava would spiral up into the orb, which would get progressively larger and larger (with mods affecting how large it can get and how long he can charge it. During this phase, the spiraling streams of lava would provide soft cover, deflecting incoming attacks. Once the attack is charged, Vulcanus throws it lightly upwards, where it explodes in a expanding blastwave of molten stone and magma. This would have a knockdown effect on enemies, while also burning them and ragdolling them away from the point of impact. 

As a charge utimate, the amount of energy used would determine on how much it is charged before release, though it would always maintain an initial usage amount. 

2. Dragon's Teeth. This would be his main attack ability, and would animate similarly to Rhino's stomp. However this stomp would cause a 'burrowing' animation to reach out from Vulcanis to his target, and a spike of obsidian/volcanic stone to erupt out of the ground under the target, dealing significant damage and possibly impaling the enemy (if it is enough to kill them). At rank 1 this would generate one spike, but at rank 3 it would generate 3 or more spikes, targeting nearby enemies. 

As awesome as the design is, there's just something about it that makes it feel a bit too Greek and not Warframe enough, I just can't put my finger on it (it's probably the skirt but it could be the helmet too, just a bit). I hate to criticize though, because otherwise it's a pretty solid and awesome looking design, as we've come to expect from you ;)

I think out of the suggested abilities, I like The Arena and Eye of the Cyclops the most. Trapping enemies in a mini-Colosseum and forcing them to fight you to the death just sounds amazing (and it's something that hasn't been done yet) and since we now have toggle-able abilities being able to shoot a continuous stream of molten metal, from your face no less, sounds equally as fantastic. If I could make a suggestion for an ability:

Clashing Rocks: Vulcanus raises several boulders out from the floor and uses them to violently crush a single target. In addition to dealing some pretty hefty damage to the initial target, the force of the impact super-heats the rocks and causes a large puddle of molten rock to form around the impact sight, and sends a bunch of smaller rocks flying in all directions, all of which leave behind smaller puddles of lava as well.

As awesome as the design is, there's just something about it that makes it feel a bit too Greek and not Warframe enough, I just can't put my finger on it (it's probably the skirt but it could be the helmet too, just a bit). I hate to criticize though, because otherwise it's a pretty solid and awesome looking design, as we've come to expect from you ;)

Eventhough the art is amazing, that's true.

Eventhough the art is amazing, that's true.

Thank you for all of your comments about Vulcanus, it was my mistake that I didn't mention that the picture that you see or saw was a quick detailed mock-up of what he could be like. It will change over time so do not worry too much about it looking not like a Warframe.

Edited by RedSkittlez

Very creative and amazing, just the way i like it.

Also i had an idea for an ability

Defensive Storm - Vulcanus summons a cover made of rock and lava up from the ground so he can take cover, if he activates the ability again, he will punch the cover making it charge forward in a straight line for a fast speed (but only if he's 1-2 meters from it), all enemies in range will be damaged and knocked back. When the cover reaches the end of the straight line, it will explode in an AoE after 1-2 seconds, doing the same effects.

Costs 50 energy and 25 when activating it again. The cover has 4000 health (a bit more health than snow globe, but it's shorter) and lasts 20-25 seconds.

You can change the stats or name if you take this idea, it's your concept.

Edited by ArchTenno