Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Mei-Long And Xiao-Long: The Dragon Twin, Bruce Lee Inspired Twin Frames, Now With More Artworks

Kazkyu

Hello everyone, this is Kaz from Kaz and Arch111 Artist for Hire, this is my second Warframe Concept, or should I say Warframes, after my first one: 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/231306-warframe-concept-codename-r-e-x-dinosaur-bone-controlling-warframe-update-1552014/

The first one recieved quite a lot of view but the lack of comment and support kinda ruin it for me so I would like to start working on another Concept alongside with that one, to see which get more support, then focus my hard-work on the better one.

Now may I ask you question? What do you Imagine when I said the word "Dragon", are you thinking of:

Boring fantasy fire-breathing overgrown lizards:

purpledragon_zpsc9cd5db6.jpg

Or, you think of this Dragon:

Bruce-Lee_zps2c04d99d.jpg

The one and only legend, Lee Xiao Long, better known in USA as Bruce "Little Dragon" Lee.

So I think to myself, both those concept are good, and the Dragon one is very well recieved, Endrian's Dragon Concept is a better example, why not fuse these concept together and create a concept for it. I mean Bruce Lee nick name is Little Dragon, why not make a Warframe that look like a Dragon but instead of doing boring and random Dragon stuff like flying and breathing fire, why not using Kung-fu and kick &#!? And hey, while I'm at it, why not make it 2 Warframes, and while I'm at it, why not make them Twin?

Introducing Mei-Long and Xiao-Long ( as a tribute to Bruce Lee, you will always be in my heart), the Dragon Twin:

Mei-Long:

43b1ffc8c3b2a78fdd0332a17dc86c8e_zpsa2c7

With Color:

4252481331a785580a1522fcb5e45357_zpsea06

Xiao-Long:

3a1453ea61f54aa826537f3a235a35dd_zpsb05c

With Color:

558fc937ce5b7135c4c0c730f8493198_zps1bde

Codex:

Mei-Long and Xiao-Long are products of a latter Orokin Era, using a Technology called Soul Link, that allow Twin Tenno Warriors to connect with eachother, via a chip located in the brain. Because of the Soul Link, both Tenno can fight together as one, doubling combat prowess, bringing cripple blows and swift death with their Combo to all who stood again the Orokin and Tenno might.

Info:

Mei-Long and Xiao-Long are unique twin Warframes that use a secret Orokin tech called Soul Link to boost their combat effectiveness. Both are capable of using deadly martial art and channel Chi to heal wounds. They are a perfect mix of offense and supportive defense, as they can approach enemies and clear a crow in an instant or blow them away and heal their allies. You can only play as Mei-Long or Xiao-Long, the option to switch which Warframe you want to use is included in a new button exclusive to The Twin Dragon loadout. However you are not really alone, as using your Ultimate, you can bring the other Twin into the battle, fighting together with you and perform powerful combo that only you and your twin can do.

Features:

1.Come with 2 gender to choose, this is purely cosmetic and does not affect gameplay.

2. Bruce Lee's Kick and trademark One-inch Punch.

3. Bruce Lee "WAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAHHHHHHHH" battle cry every time you use a skill.

4. Ultimate call the other twin to join you in battle, Imagine 2 Bruce Lee kicking &#! and "WAAAAATTTTTAAAHHHHHH" every where.

Stat:

Base Health 150, 450 at rank 30

Base Power 100, 150 at rank 30

75 Armor

Base Shield Capacity 100, 300 at rank 30

Sprint Speed 1.2

Stamina 80

Polarity 4=, 1 D, 1 V

Aura ~

Skill:

Dragon Kick:

Bruce-Lee-Kicking-King-Fu-Panda--92440_z

Energy 25.

Mei-Long/Xiao-Long delievers a jumping front kick in the direction of your crosshair, dealing 200/300/400/500 Impact damage to the first enemy hit and stagger them. Upon impact with an enemy, she/he bounces backward. Each Dragon Kick that land will reduce the Energy need to cast the next one by 5, up to a 15 Energy Reduction. Failing to hit anything will reset this counter.

So, it's a basic jumping kick, that can be use as a gap-closer or an escape maneuver. Each time you land a hit on some one, you flip backward, and Dragon Kick can be cast for 5 energy less, you can also do a Dragon Kick while flipping backward. So the combo will be like: Dragon Kick => Auto Flip => Dragon Kick.... Rinse and repeat until the victim dies. Imagine kicking Vor 10 times in the face.

Can be improved with Power Stregth and Power Range mods.

Stagger will not work on massive boss like Jackal, and flying boss like Raptor. It will however, stagger every other boss, except Stalker.

Fist of Fury:

Energy 50.

Mei-Long/Xiao-Long unleash their inner fury, gains 40%/50%/60%/70% attack speed for the duration of 20 second. Attacking an enemy 3 times or kill him/her/it while in this state will cause him/her/it to explode, dealing 200/250/300/350 Blast damage in a small 3 Meter Radius AOE around him/her/it that will hit nearby enemies.

Basic Attack Speed buff. But the cool thing about this skill is, if you hit something 3 times, it explodes, dealing damage to nearby enemies, if you kill it, it explodes as well. So basically, if I bring a Fang, Explosion every time I press E ( Fang hit 2-3 times per E).

Can be improved with Stregth and Duration Mods.

Yin Yang:

Energy 50.

On self cast ( done by not targeting an ally), instantly heals 50/75/100/125 health and gains 300 Armor and send out a small shockwave that deal 100/125/150/175 Impact damage in a 4/5/6/7 Meters Radius AOE that knockdown enemies . One Ally cast ( Target the crosshair at an ally and press this skill) Dashes toward them, heals both Mei-Long/Xiao-Long and that ally for 20/30/40/50 health, both gain 150 Armor and send out a shockwave that deal 100/125/150/175 Impact damage in a 4/5/6/7 Meters Radius AOE that knockdown enemies.

If you have played League of Legends then this is simple to explain, this is Lee Sin Safeguard with a heal and an AOE knockdown. If you haven't play League, then here how this work: If you use this on yourself, you knockdown everyone around you ( very small AOE), heal a lot and gain tons of Armor. If you use on an ally, you will dash toward him/her, heal both for less and both gain less Armor, you will however, still do the shockwave.

Can be improved with Stregth and Range mods.

Twin Dragon:

Energy 100

Summon your twin to battle with you, gain extra effect on all your other skill. Last for 20/25/30 second.

Extra Skill Effect:

Dragon Kick: Now leave a trail of Fire that deal 100/150/200 Fire Damage per second to everyone in its path.

Fist of Fury: Gain double the attack speed bonus of the original skill, and every melee attack explodes enemy instead of 3.

Yin Yang: Shockwave AOE increase, damage is double, dash range increase, can dash to your twin, Health and Armor gain penalty on ally cast will be remove.

So basically, you now have your twin fighting with you. He/She will target anything that you target, will cast Dragon Kick and Fist of Fury normally, and if you are low on health or taking big damage, he/she will auto dash in with Yin Yang and heal you. As for the A.I, well it could be an improved version of the current Specters A.I. Your dragon kick leave a trail of flame, Fist of Fury Explode everything ( Press E with Fang, 3 Explosion) and Yin Yang penalty on ally cast will be remove as well as having a bigger AOE and damage.

Edited by Kazkyu

Skill, Artworks, and Stat have been update, both twin now have Artwork, please support me with some constructive critism and suggestion, maybe some of the skill need balance or name changes. so please support me.

Also:

8vqxq_zps86c499a5.jpg

So no comment, is it really that bad, i mean it take 10 second just to write a comment good or bad or even like, just give me some suggestion, it's really hard to expand more without contribution and constructive critism, Art are being done, im putting all my hard work to make this project big, people stop at 1 artwork, well I'm planning to add over 50, so please support me

The entire "summoning the twin" aspect is a little strange to me, but aside from that the rest of the abilities look good. I like that even though you weren't going for a LITERAL dragon with the concept, you still added that kind of style into their armor (although the colors seem a little odd to me too, I'd have run with something more... Kung-Fu, not that I know what it would be).

All in all: great idea, would read again.

The entire "summoning the twin" aspect is a little strange to me, but aside from that the rest of the abilities look good. I like that even though you weren't going for a LITERAL dragon with the concept, you still added that kind of style into their armor (although the colors seem a little odd to me too, I'd have run with something more... Kung-Fu, not that I know what it would be).

All in all: great idea, would read again.

Here a little explaination on the summoning the twin concept:

Have you ever use a Specter in Warframe? The Specter is just a stupid A.I version of yourself that you can summon in any mission one time, by crafting them in the Foundry, currently they are dumb and a waste of material unless you take them to high level T3 Defense or Survival. So Summoning your Twin is like that, but, he/she is much smarter than any Specter out there, and if you have a Specter, you have 3 versions of yourself running around, and if DE add the feature for Specter to copy your skill, you have 4 versions of yourself running around. Also it's not summoning the twin that make the skill useful, surely the A.I of this game can't handle that level of smartness, but the Extra Effect on all your other skill is also worth mentioning.

As for the color. I drawn them base on Chinese Dragon:

Chinese-Dragon-Green-17-large.jpg

Chinese Dragon are not like European ones, they have Green scale and no wings, and their belly, inner scale is usually orange or yellow, I was going to give my concept more darker color, but ran out of color.

And their pose is based on Bruce Lee:

bruce-lee-11.jpg

Thank you for the feedback, I'm currently drawing a version of the Twin with no Dragon feature but more Kung Fu Bruce Lee Black and Yellow Jumpsuit style:

_71575249_brucelee.jpg

My initial impressions are that this is a pretty solid concept, not really seeing anything about it that I disagree with except for the amount of spikes (unless those are scales, then I'm alright with it.)

One thing I'd like to suggest though is to rename Yin Yang to something like Meditation or Chi Heal, as I just find the name to be a bit out of place on that particular skill. 

Another thing I'd like to suggest is to have varying effects on Fist of Fury based on which of the Twin Dragons you are using. 

Example: When Xei-Long uses Fist of Fury instead of an AoE effect around him on the final hit it instead is a cone attack that spreads and hits enemies behind the enemy hit. 

Range mods would increase the width and radius of the cone attack.

But thats just my thoughts, so take them with a grain of salt. I really like your idea, very nice.

Very Nice feedback

Of course they are scales LOL, I suck at drawing scales, maybe they will stop looking like spike in future drawing.

Yeah I was planning on chaging the name of that skill, I was going with Safeguard, but people who love League of Legend will said: "dude, you copy Lee Sin skill, now you copy skill name as well", Yeah, I will go for Chi Heal or Meditation, thank for the suggestion

As for different effect on Fist of Fury, it will ruin the whole which gender of the twin you play being cosmetic idea, remember, this is just one Warframe you play, but you can change the gender, and the Ultimate summon the other one you didn't pick. So having different stat and skill will ruin that idea as well as Twin Dragon idea, they are twin, they should use same move. Anyway, your feedback are nice, and I love your suggestion on the name chage. Maybe I will change Fist of Fury from AOE Explosion into AOE Cone as well,

Also it's Mei Long and Xiao Long, is Xei-Long another sibbling? Triplet?

Edited by Kazkyu

Of course they are scales LOL, I suck at drawing scales, maybe they will stop looking like spike in future drawing.

Yeah I was planning on chaging the name of that skill, I was going with Safeguard, but people who love League of Legend will said: "dude, you copy Lee Sin skill, now you copy skill name as well", Yeah, I will go for Chi Heal or Meditation, thank for the suggestion

As for different effect on Fist of Fury, it will ruin the whole which gender of the twin you play being cosmetic idea, remember, this is just one Warframe you play, but you can change the gender, and the Ultimate summon the other one you didn't pick. So having different stat and skill will ruin that idea as well as Twin Dragon idea, they are twin, they should use same move. Anyway, your feedback are nice, and I love your suggestion on the name chage. Maybe I will change Fist of Fury from AOE Explosion into AOE Cone as well,

Also it's Mei Long and Xiao Long, is Xei-Long another sibbling? Triplet?

Ah sorry, misread the names.

Hehe, reading this made my day, (not that there is much left). 

I must say I definitely like the idea of a kung fu frame, its sounds like it would be a lot of fun to use. I have seen many twin concepts before but this one is very unique in the sense that they act as one? That is the part that I think is the most vague, expanding upon that would definitely help. 

Dragon Kick: I think the damage is a bit excessive considering you want it to be successive hits. The only time you would get successive hits is a boss fight or 40 mins into survival.

Fist of Fury: Pretty much the same as Dragon Kick, its a bit OP. I might lower the attack rate to 50%, have on kill a 5m explosion doing max of 75 blast but staggering the enemy.

Yin Yang: sounds a bit complicated at first but your explanation really cleared it up. but this also falls inline with your theme of stats a bit excessive. I would lower you numbers a bit there and it would be good.

Twin Dragon: I'm not so sure I get this one, when cast it buffs all of your others skills and summons another frame to aid you in battle. You might want to add it so you get a 4m ring of fire around you for the duration of the ability, like world on fire (old).

what this post made me think of. Edited by Drunken_Child

Nice idea, a twin frame is original, the fact you chose which twin you plays is nice. For the last power, the AI of the game could be problematic. I think of something like a fury, like in the old fighting game, when you cast twin dragon, you call your twin and perform a combo with the other power.

For the fighting style a stance for sparring and/or nunchuck could be a great complement, imagine your frame using Jet kun Do when fighting with Obex or Kogake.

Nice idea, a twin frame is original, the fact you chose which twin you plays is nice. For the last power, the AI of the game could be problematic. I think of something like a fury, like in the old fighting game, when you cast twin dragon, you call your twin and perform a combo with the other power.

For the fighting style a stance for sparring and/or nunchuck could be a great complement, imagine your frame using Jet kun Do when fighting with Obex or Kogake.

twin frames have been talked about alot, its not really an originaly concept as far as WF gose.

twin frames have been talked about alot, its not really an originaly concept as far as WF gose.

Sure it is not original, not everything is original, there have been insect/parasite theme frame way before typhus was around, but Typhus was more popular. While the Twin frame concept in the whole is talked a lot, I would kindly ask you to browse the first 10 pages of the forum, and I mean the first 10 pages only, and see if there is another Twin WF concept or not. There are people who are new to this forum and for him to see a Twin frame concept for the first time here, he has the right to say it's original, same thing apply to people who have forgotten about the many other Twin Warframe Concept that lies deep in the 40+ pages of the forum.

I play since August 20013 but look on the forum only since  the "ennemy of the tenno" thing, so yes i don't take the time to read all the thread, so for me twin frame is original. On the first page i saw a lot of elemental frame, a few boss and only one twin frame. ;)

Yeah i know sand and lava are not really element, but it's pretty close.

I believe the mention 6 posts on my profil scream: new to the forum!!! :) lol

Edited by Irkael