Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Emaralez's (Not So) Little Thread: Lyrics, Arts, Fictions, Concepts Etc (Upd Oct3: Nyx Obey T-Shirt Irl )

emaralez87

disclaimer:

In the way it is formatted, that is where it belongs.

^moder sad

last UPD

3cPKZy0.jpg

why this thread
this thread made for index of my works and to explain how I write lyrics (though this can be interesting, in last, for psychiatry students :) ), in search for editorial help and, mb, to help someone :) 

why I think my experience can be interesting

- HR managers determinate my english as “undermediate” (ok, this term characters HR’s more than me :) )
- I have no relations to linguistic or liberal sciences (I have education as biomedical engineer and now I’m work as senior software developer)
- I have full (7+3) music education
- in childhood I thought poetry is S#&$, then I understood what russian language  and poetry are mostly S#&$
- I’ve never wrote lyrics before Warframe

how I write

1. inspiration. I can be inspired by anything XD,you see, eg it can be update or concept art
3. to write thoughts into verse-like column. without rhyme, just thoughts in my “undermediate” english :) on this step I use http://www.multitran.ru
4. rhyme. on this step I use http://thesaurus.com and http://www.rhymezone.com
5. I show my lyrics to my husband for spellcheck. once he said what this is to hard for him so I asked clanmate to help: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/204833-dormant-blade-lyrics-inspired-by-waiting-for-sword-alone-update/
6. publish
7. write a harmony. but this is another story ;)

(index)

Lyrics

FORGOTTEN ISLAND. Lyrics about abandoned place, what symbolising tenno’s abandoned (memory less) personality. Harmony is pretty easy and, at same time, not trivial, but while performance you can find what this is not so easy as you thought ;)

DORMANT BLADE. Less words, more harmony! Classic jazz. Tribute to all our beloved melee weapons, what we don’t use but keep in our enventory. 

MOONRISE OVER THE PLUTO. Thought one of my best things. I don’t want to give you spoilers and explanations - just read it, try to sing it with your beloved musical instrument and you’ll feel it :)

BIRTH OF MAG PRIME. “Demonstrational stand” of my lyrics. This is easy and high quality thing, just… little boring if you are not fan of Mag and the Void.

TECHNOCYTE. Poem full of pain. Still unfinished… 

extra: awakening. Little poem for “Codex Art Refresh Contest”. My entry had Art and Poem, yes.

STALKER’S TRIBUTE TO TENNO. Musical number. Stalker as Broadway villain sings about philosophical stuff and his spite to Tenno.

HOW STALKER AND VALKYR FOUND UNDERSTANDING (LYRICS, DUET). Stuff full of depression. What thing unites Stalker and Valkyr? Obviously their pain about past. 

Fanfictions

[Open Source Fanfiction] Rebellion How-To. (writing in progress. updates every week)
genre - political thriller, cyberpunk, kinda A-team or penguins of Madagascar action, futuristic. orientated on old%&^s. do you like "bladerunner", "star wars", "witcher", "1984", "2001 a space odyssey" or "the hitchhiker’s guide to the galaxy" ? - then this stuff for you!

Ker and Seles (recitation to music). 
Little thing about Polymelodic’s unfinished fanstuff about Grineer soldier, who “selfishly refuses to die for the Empire or anyone else” and Trinity, who keeping eye on him.

INSTRUCTION BOOKLET FOR CORPUS ROOKIES. (finished)
It is how it named. This is true instruction booklet. Prepare your prods, rookies!

Sednas rebellion (fanfiction+fanart). many thanks to Polymelodic for help!
Inspired by Serro’s entry. Story about the strength of the human spirit, despair, with Disneyish unhappy “happy ending”.

Concepts

DD AND NUKE WARFRAME WORKSHOP
from conversations with hardcore player after he saw FanConcept section:
“- this section is full of thematic concepts! AAAARGH! why they are doing this themed concepts when we need DD and Nuker?
- ‘cause this is not so easy.
- why didn’t you? you are smart!
- ‘cause I don’t have imagination. give me some suggestions and I’ll try to think out smthng.”
so lets try to design DD and Nuker on the Tabula Rasa.

The Gray Ones. (Infamous rebels). Concept for “Allies Of The Tenno” thread. 
“Gray ones” because they meant to be this hostages in gray jumpsuits. 
Rebellion with dark story and bad ending.
Rebellion, what was started at Ceres by group of patriots with several points of view on “how to love motherland properly” but joined by one aim - do not give Vay Hek’s forces enslave their home to make it one big workyard. You may guess right - they failed. But they continued their “work” - rambling through Origin System they made rebellion their job. They did not scorn the dirty jobs, as politicians, military, colonists and even “Lotus Rebellion”, known as Tenno, did not disregarded their help. Before it was too late.

The Safo. Concept for “Allies Of The Tenno” thread. 
This is one of the Corpus guilds. Women’s guild kinda Adepta Sororitas from WH40K. Their main business is “elite reproduction” - they use smthng like Axlotl Tanks from Dune for this. As women’s society this faction is very stable and uses and supports Old Techologies. Point of his faction to give a honour to classical sci-fi ideas. 

CLOSING MEASURE (SIEGE) - DARVO ALERTS + EVENT
Bek want to expand his tax zone, but this fox too smart to start a war. he prefers another ways. so Bek starts “reconstruction” of Solar rail in the region. sounds good, huh? but all storage ways are closed! colonies can’t upgrade and repair their technical features, life support systems, people are starving… and no one can storage them ‘cause solar rail is closed. 
top managers of the colonies are ready to come quietly into the Bek’s huggies, but his son sees the opportunity for his business there (and opportunity to make things lively for his father) , and he needs Tenno to help him.

THANATOS - AN EXECUTOR WARFRAME
small AOE but continuous CC.
he don't knows how to manipulate battlefield and how to protect himself, but he knows how to torture small groups of enemies for long time and keep them almoust alive.

ARACHNE - the true Damage Dealer of WARFRAME
feature: stunner, assassin; she can use all her abilities while action.
While exploring of the Earth Grineer scientists neglected to one suspicious kell, and how wrong It was!
Created by Orocin Arachne is a true hunter. Orokin almost rejected this Warframe because controlling of several limbs at one time and 360 degree view drove Tenno to madness, but some Tenno adopted to this Warframe by refuse of part of it’s functionality.

entry for "Enemies of the tenno: Corpus"

Arts

3cPKZy0.jpg

7tPQaDi.jpgKWBWHHv.jpg

FL7m3Qm.png

u6R2qGA.png

46xZrn8.png

NudHpMr.jpg

2pLtujQ.jpg

g67N8Kd.jpg

QqYZv0Z.png

XmN8EAs.png

Construction Crewmen concept arts

Other stuff

THE ROLE OF WOMAN IN CORPUS SOCIETY

THE CORPUS SHALL RISE!

Alad is sane. SAAAANE!!! XD

Edited by emaralez87

there I wanna show you how I write in “live action”. beware grammarnazi - this will be painful for you! :D

1.inspiration.

I was inspired by this comment: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/229120-moonrise-over-the-pluto-epic-delirium-lyrics/?p=2672353

“corrupted hearts” - good said! you know, my lyrics are like “hello I’m abstract mad child of void who doing his/her/its job look how I’m crazy and disappointed” so I thought this should be interesting to write smthng connected with tenno’s individuality. first I thought about Mag - because she have cosmos in her helmet! then 13.3.0 update come and I decided - this lyrics will be interior monolog of Mag Prime!

2. to learn materiel.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Prime

hm… not enough… so I’ll use my imagination! I think what Primed frames are not separate frames, I think they are regular frames, who become Primed. of course, this is mostly fanfiction than speculation.

3. to write thoughts into verse-like column.

(attention, this connected to words characters can hurt your eyes and mind!)

look up! this is light, what leads me to the fight

look up! this is cosmos, what is dark as my dreams

look up to the stars, what are drops from the sky

all stars have fallen, except of the one

I am back after all what had to complete

the fourth death was a gift - now I see

my hell was made from the flash in this shell

the shield were crushed by my own hand

I was deep in this madness of the white and the gold

I was weak as foam what passes with waves

then I saw how magnetic is crushing (?smthng, smone?)

then I saw how the dark is changes to the light

for three times I was hurt and marked to death

for the rage and the power I’ve exchanged my rest

I was going ahead by the confident gait

I was leaving behind the trail of blood

when all paths are joining down to the circle

the last song is dying absorbed by war

look up! this is light - my unsubstantial friend

look up! this is cosmos what turned my part

work in progress...

Edited by emaralez87

4. rhyme. http://thesaurus.com and http://www.rhymezone.com . some lines were fully rewritten, but sense was saved

look up! this is light, what leads me to the fight

look up! this is cosmos, where all was begun

look up to the stars, what are slip from the sky

all stars have fallen, except of the one

I am back after I have heard a death knell

it calls only four times - at last I will stand!

my hell was made from the flash in this shell

the shield were crushed by my own hand

I was deep in this madness of the gold and the white

I was weak as a foam what passes with waves

then I saw how the dark is changes to the light

then I saw how magnetic is crushing my aims

to die in this battle wasn’t my fate

while corrupted bullets were scratching my hud

I was leaving behind me a trail of blood

the circle is forming when all paths are bend

the last song is dying absorbed by war

look up! this is light - my unsubstantial friend

look up! this is cosmos what turned my part

5. spellcheck.

so this is a spellcheck time! would you be my grammarnazi? yes, you. person, who reads this :)

Allow me to be your Grammar Grineer =)

Look up! This is light, that leads me to the fight

Look up! This is cosmos, where all has begun

Look up to the stars, that are slip from the sky [what do you mean by 'slip from the sky'? Do you mean 'slipping', the verb? In that case it should be "that are slipping from the sky" or "that slip from the sky".

All stars have fallen, except for the one

I am back after I have heard a death knell

It calls only four times - at last I will stand!

My hell was made from the flash in this shell

The shields were crushed by my own hand

I was deep in this madness of the gold and the white

I was weak as a foam that passes with waves

Then I saw how the dark has changed to the light

Then I saw how magnetic is crushing my aims

To die in this battle wasn’t my fate

While corrupted bullets were scratching my hud

I was leaving behind me a trail of blood

The circle is forming when all paths are bent

The last song is dying absorbed by war

Look up! this is light - my unsubstantial friend

Look up! this is cosmos what turned my part

Allow me to be your Grammar Grineer =)

Look up to the stars, that are slip from the sky [what do you mean by 'slip from the sky'? Do you mean 'slipping', the verb? In that case it should be "that are slipping from the sky" or "that slip from the sky".

yeah, "that slip from the sky" is what I mean :) I just love all this "the", "are", "is", "were", "will" , "have" etc so much :) 

thnx for help!

Edited by emaralez87

7. write a harmony.

so, what form we shall use? first: we have plot with dynamic growing tension, what  “bdengs” in the end. second: last verse is a mirror of first verse - this is great temptation to write one harmony for them both, but this is not right way ‘cause these verses have different mood so they should be particularly mirrored.

so form will be ABCDE. A, C & E have place in the mind of hero but B & D are action verses so they should have more dynamics in harmony.

*skipped magic*

result:

C Am/G Am/Am C/Dm G

Dm C Am/G Am/G Am/C G Am

Am Dm/C Am/G Am/G

Dm C Dm Am/C Am/Dm G Am/F E

Am C /Dm Em/Dm C/Em G Am

final version:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/234416-birth-of-mag-prime-lyrics/

hope this journey was useful for you or just interesting :)

extra: one more thing to support my future S#&$ty art for new contest :)

awakening

our battle is done

not for us stars will shine

‘till we hear the call

we will rest in the shrine

not the peace we have brought

but the balance on the edge of the blade

we will be back when we should

and the debts for the truth will be paid

sing the sky! sing the stars!

sing before it’s not too late!

sing the song of ancient wars!

sing our affliction! sing our fate!

The 'not the peace we have brought but the balance on the edge of the blade' is, once again, a really good wording! I like your spartan way of utilizing not too many words for a lot of impact.

thank you! ^_^

I call it "skills in linguistics"

6dlBp7n.gif

I’ve just noticed what I hadn’t explain symbolism of this picture!

letz go:

- lyrics were first. three verses in several rhythms - this why I’ve chose triangle theme for background.

- at first I thought about rule 22 cellular automata representation as background (http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=rule+22) but then I’ve remembered about Corpus Luxor sign. you know - the triangle in the circle with circle inside of this triangle! %) so I’ve made this background fractal from Corpus Luxor signs.

- glowing Mag figure. I feel like Mag is kinda magnet coil so I’ve represented her as wires in electromagnetic field: current flow produces magnetic field, magnetic field produces electric field, electric field produces magnetic field etc - I thought this may be good symbol of “awakening” :)

Sednas rebellion

fanfiction. grammarnazi needed.

*fanart in progress*

the first step to freedom became a first step towards the superiority of the mind. a merciless, elaborate and confident superiority just as this step was.

Sedna was our little hell. low gravitation made us weak. eternal night, eternal cold… deficiency of magnetic field was breaking our hearts. how much could we live? 200? 300 years? Sedna broke us in 20. 20 years is a huge timespan for our clone jailers, but not for regular frontiersmen.

12 hours working shift - fun joke, when nychthemeron is 10 hours long!

why couldn’t they use machines to utilise a spaceships? why should we work so much and so… unprofitable?

Beecloud console… heh! how stupid - jailer didn’t logout from root session.

follow a white rabbit :(){ :|:& };:

now we have 5 minutes. 5 minutes without life support systems.

jailer’s individual life support contains air mixture for 3 minutes of fight. our ILS will be gone in 2 minutes.

our suits designed with ILS slot on the back, so we can’t plugin air mixture capsule without someone else’s help - nice try! 200 slaves versus 25 jailers - many of us will be dead. most of us will be killed before their ILS gone.

when we surround them we should exterminate them. “send the message” to Kela is our duty now .

when someone falls - go straight through his yet undead body. no mercy to us, no mercy to jailers.

we should be focused on our duty , idle processes will not benefit our aim.

we are created by Sun, but now we serve Nemesis!

last breath-in - stroke of Serro, shock, breath-out, take jailer’s life support, step, another step, someone plugged life support to my suit, breath-in, breath-out, plug life support to foregoer’s suit, breath-in, stroke, breath-out …

death serves us, we serve death. bullet? - ha! too slow, but thanks for additional mass in my body! too cold too feel the pain. the wounds become ice in a the second.

duty is how we serve the entirety of reason.

5 minutes. we are 5 live beings left.

we are corpus.

Edited by emaralez87

Powerful! I like it! Reminds me of the old Sci-Fi literature.

Grammar Grineer time!

• "as ruthless, cruel, rational superiority as this step was."

sounds a bitt odd. Could you write it down in Russian so I could take a look at what you want to convey through this sentence?

• why couldn’t they use machines to utilise a spaceships? why should we work so much and so… unprofitable?

how stupid - jailer didn’t logout from root session.

when we surround them we should exterminate them.

'Pincer' is a noun =)

“receive the message” to Kela is our duty now .

Do you mean 'send the message to Kela'? Or 'reseive from Kela'?

but thanks for additional mass in my body!

blood from a wound/the wounds becomes ice in a second.

yay thanx! *hugs*

yeh, this ment to be oldstile in many ways ;)

hm, not so bad as I expected :) 

sounds a bitt odd. Could you write it down in Russian so I could take a look at what you want to convey through this sentence?

this should be another lyrics but there are too many words for lyrics XD  words just pop up in my mind in english. sometimes (1/10?) this words "wrong" or "broken" %/ I think in russian there could be smthng like "безжалостный, продуманный, уверенный"

'Pincer' is a noun =)

damn! *facepalm* XD

many thanks :) !

this should be another lyrics but there are too many words for lyrics XD  words just pop up in my mind in english. sometimes (1/10?) this words "wrong" or "broken" %/ I think in russian there could be smthng like "безжалостный, продуманный, уверенный"

Ah, I see, so the adjectives are linked to the 'step', not to 'superiority'. Because if you leave 'superiority' and 'step' together it would be: 'Безжалостный, продуманный, уверенный превосходство шаг'. Since 'superiority' is a noun. The adjective would be 'superior' =D

Ah, I see, so the adjectives are linked to the 'step', not to 'superiority'. Because if you leave 'superiority' and 'step' together it would be: 'Безжалостный, продуманный, уверенный превосходство шаг'. Since 'superiority' is a noun. The adjective would be 'superior' =D

oh, gotcha, ty :) believe me or not but this is casual mistake for me in russian too XD + dysgraphia (what I have not in english). I'll try to put whole paragraph in russian (omg seems it would be stoopid XD):

"первый шаг к свободе стал первым шагом к превосходству разума. превосходству настолько же безжалостному, продуманному и уверенному, каким был этот шаг "

"первый шаг к свободе стал первым шагом к превосходству разума. превосходству настолько же безжалостному, продуманному и уверенному, каким был этот шаг "

Aaaah, I see.

"The first step to freedom became a first step towards the superiority of the mind. A merciless, elaborate and confident superiority just as this step was."

Sednas rebellion

46xZrn8.png

the first step to freedom became a first step towards the superiority of the mind. a merciless, elaborate and confident superiority just as this step was.

Sedna was our little hell. low gravitation made us weak. eternal night, eternal cold… deficiency of magnetic field was breaking our hearts. how much could we live? 200? 300 years? Sedna broke us in 20. 20 years is a huge timespan for our clone jailers, but not for regular frontiersmen.

12 hours working shift - fun joke, when nychthemeron is 10 hours long!

why couldn’t they use machines to utilise a spaceships? why should we work so much and so… unprofitable?

Beecloud console… heh! how stupid - jailer didn’t logout from root session.

follow a white rabbit :(){ :|:& };:

now we have 5 minutes. 5 minutes without life support systems.

jailer’s individual life support contains air mixture for 3 minutes of fight. our ILS will be gone in 2 minutes.

our suits designed with ILS slot on the back, so we can’t plugin air mixture capsule without someone else’s help - nice try! 200 slaves versus 25 jailers - many of us will be dead. most of us will be killed before their ILS gone.

when we surround them we should exterminate them. “send the message” to Kela is our duty now .

when someone falls - go straight through his yet undead body. no mercy to us, no mercy to jailers.

we should be focused on our duty , idle processes will not benefit our aim.

we are created by Sun, but now we serve Nemesis!

last breath-in - stroke of Serro, shock, breath-out, take jailer’s life support, step, another step, someone plugged life support to my suit, breath-in, breath-out, plug life support to foregoer’s suit, breath-in, stroke, breath-out …

death serves us, we serve death. bullet? - ha! too slow, but thanks for additional mass in my body! too cold too feel the pain. the wounds become ice in a the second.

duty is how we serve the entirety of reason.

5 minutes. we are 5 live beings left.

we are corpus.