Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Prime: Lore Consistency.

Crotax

So this might have been discussed before but ill still put it here.

As far as we know, every frame eventualy gets a prime version of itself. (proven wrong, my bad)

Now my concern with Valkyr is that technically she is a altered version of her original form. 

Which technically should not be prime.

Does this mean that when *if* we will get Valkyr Prime, she will have her pre-lab form primed?

How would pre-lab Valkyr look? This is something i am really looking foward to.

Edited by Crotax

i always thought that she won't get a prime variant. maybe dex or vandal, but not prime.

what i do, however, believe is that when we see how she looked before, it will be an entirely new warframe altogether, maybe plant based considering the head. that one, i believe, will get a prime variant

If there is ever a Prime version of whatever Valkyr was before it would obviously not play like Valkyr and possibly not even named Valkyr Prime, if the devs maintain any level of consistency.

Another possibility is a Valkyr Vandal.

This is a nice thought to it actually. However I think that the prime will be based how she is now because this is her frame now, modifications or not, it is what the frame has become before cast into the Void.

i always thought that she won't get a prime variant. maybe dex or vandal, but not prime.

what i do, however, believe is that when we see how she looked before, it will be an entirely new warframe altogether, maybe plant based considering the head. that one, i believe, will get a prime variant

This is a very interesting theory you got there, i like the idea.

This is a nice thought to it actually. However I think that the prime will be based how she is now because this is her frame now, modifications or not, it is what the frame has become before cast into the Void.

Prime warframes are ancient artifacts from the Orokin Era. Valkyr was modified by the Corpus just recently, so if we do get a Valkyr Prime, she would be like she was eons ago, long before the Corpus modified her.

Prime warframes are ancient artifacts from the Orokin Era. Valkyr was modified by the Corpus just recently, so if we do get a Valkyr Prime, she would be like she was eons ago, long before the Corpus modified her.

Exactly where i was heading with the op.

Not every frame get's prime... Nova was made by Tenno Council> not in the time of the Orokin > No Prime

Instead the Tenno decide shes too powerful even after her nerf and decide to throw her into the sun

Which makes it turn into a supernova

The final Molecular prime wipes the galaxy clean

The Grinner,Corpus,Tenno,Lotus are all wiped in the blast and no trace of its existence was ever known by further life in the universe

Technically, Valkyr does not make sense as a Prime.

Primes are the original Orokin versions of weapons and Frames (With normal versions being essentially replicas made by Tenno)

Valkyr's powers were changed due to the experimentation done by the Corpus, with them being distinctly different before the experiments.

This means that the "Original" Valkyr would be an entirely different frame altogether - In name, design and in terms of powers.

This does throw a spanner in the works about several things:-

1) A Prime Valkyr does not make sense, due to how different it should be compared to what we know as Valkyr

2) Lotus is sending Valkyr into the field without repairing the frame - Heck, even the restraints bolted through her arms haven't don't seem to have any attempt to be removed. This makes little sense, as you'd think that sending a Warframe out into the field to face down hundreds of enemy soldiers would warrant the frame being in optimal condition.

3) Valkyr is stripped down. With a large portion of the frame removed. Why does she have the highest armour value of any frame? Does it mean that the original frame before the experimentation that stripped the frame down had ungodly amounts of armouring?

As far as original appearance goes, it's possible that the half of Valkyr's base helmet that is less damaged is close to the original design.

There's also a theory going around that the original frame might also share the same design as her Bastet Helmet.

The lore is, as it always was, up in the air.

The actual definition of what the Prime is or what the rules regarding the existence of a prime will be are - as such - up in the air.

I wouldn't put to much thought into it until after DE gives us substantial enough world building that we can start to see clear rules in how things work.

For now, assume that Valkyr Prime will be the design of her original Suit modified with the changes she has undergone by the Lotus. It wouldn't be that hard to change some things around.

All frames are technology reverse engineered imperfectly. This means Valkyr WILL have a prime. The only exceptions to prime is really the Seer, as it's both orokin and grineer. Everythjng else has a prime according to lore.

That doesn't mean Valkyr Prime will be a primed version of Valkyr, the problem with worrying for "Valkyr Prime" is that she is who she is because of the corpus torture and stuff, think about it.

ALL of her abilties are really just ways of her expressing her rage.

From what I heard, we are granted a prime of each frame up to Booben, frames that came after him....... not granted from what I heard.

Yup, they said frames up to Vauban will happen, Vauban would have no promises and anything after Vauban would either have a super extreme small chance OR nothing.

But, D.E. could of changed their minds by now, that was a long time ago.

I'd imagine that _if_ DE did a Valkyr prime they would take the most simple and (IMHO) obvious route

1. It's highly unlikely that the Tenno+Warframe that the Corpus started vivisecting was renamed, so there would be a Tenno-built Warframe called "Valkyr" and a corresponding Orokin Valkry Prime version.

2. The "tainted" Valkyr we can currently build has a high armour rating due to pain resistance hence the easiest way to keep that the same is to have Valkyr prime have a lot of physical armour (Resembling a Valkyrie)

3. All of the Warframe abilities could make sense with a little FX tweaking (which we do have precedent for in Rhino Prime), Ripline is a Wonder-Woman/Amazon-lasso-like skill hence doesn't implicitly need "rage". Paralysis could be "shield bash" using Warframe shields rather than a physical shield, and Warcry could be described as motivational not fury-based. Hysteria could be described as a norse-themed battle frenzy and swap out the claw animations for existing polearm ones and have her generate an energy polearm. That's still a lot of work but a lot less that a full re-balancing and new power set

Certainly there is no reason not to do a Valkyr prime. But if the prime-access pack are anything to go by it would be _years_ away.