Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept - Epoch, The Lord Of Time / Moments.

Aumaan

This is something that's been bouncing around my head for a little while now (By this I mean these specific powers and the buff/debuff tank playstyle; I'm sure a Time Warframe has already been done to death, I wouldn't know, I haven't frequented the forums until recently) after I ended up in a Survival game where everything but me and the other players moved at ~1/4 speed. We jokingly started talking about Tenno being masters of time and someone mentioned "NEW WARFRAME!"  This is just a very rough idea so any other suggestions for powers or look would be appreciated.

Warframe of Time - Chronos/Epoch/Infinity (I’ll be using Epoch to refer to the frame in the post, it's my name preference.).

“Inevitable, unstoppable, Epoch’s presence on the battlefield signals a turning point for any conflict.”

Default Coloration - Undecided

Playstyle - Epoch is a buff/debuff tank. Slow but by simply being there has a major effect on enemies and allies.
Appearance - Large and imposing, semi-close to Rhino but more blockish. Epoch is supposed to have an obvious presence on the battlefield, almost like a beacon. Their allies should flock to them and their enemies should run from them.

Health - 75 (225 at max)
Power - 150 (225 at max)
Armor - 120
Shields - 150 (450 at max)
Sprint - 0.8

Stamina - 70

Ability 1: Moment of Decay/Decay/Rot
Energy Cost: 25 to activate + 7 per second

“Epoch accelerates time in the area surrounding them, rapidly bringing enemies closer to death as their armor and flesh are ravaged by the passing of time.”

Every enemy within a certain radius, 5/10/15/20 meters, around Epoch have their armor reduced by 2/4/6/8 points per tick for the duration of the power. If any enemy has no armor or has their armor reduced to zero they take health damage equal to 5/10/15/20 points per tick. After the power ends enemies regain their full armor after 2 seconds.
Epoch may not activate any other power while this is active.

Ability 2: Moment of Restoration / (Can't think of an alternate name right now.
Energy Cost: 50 to activate + 7 per second

“Epoch accelerates time around allied Tenno, speeding up the rate at which their bodies heal and move.”

Epoch and every ally within a certain radius, 5/10/15/20 meters, around Epoch gains a health regeneration factor of 1/2/3/4 points per tick, energy regeneration of 0.3/0.6/0.9/1.2 points per tick. stamina is restored by 1/2/3/4 points per tick/ and reload speed is shortened by 5/10/15/20%. They also gain a speed increase of 5/10/15/20% to movement and attack speed. Epoch may not not activate any other power while this is active

Ability 3: Moment of Return/Rewind
Energy Cost: 75 to activate + 7 per second

“Epoch anchors itself and nearby allies in time at the activation of this power. Upon deactivation Epoch and allies present in the area during activation are returned to that point.”

Upon Activating Moment of Return Epoch and every allied Tenno in 3/6/9/12 meters current Health, Shields, Energy and Ammo count are locked (Chronos’s energy is not locked). For the duration of the power Tenno and Chrono’s will expend health, shields, etc normally. Once Epoch deactivates the power, Epoch and every Tenno still within the area have the values restored to what they were when they were anchored. If Epoch runs out of energy or is downed before deactivating this power the effect is lost. Be wary, this may reverse any restoration that occurs as well.

Ability 4: Moment of Perfection/Perfect Moment
Energy Cost: 100 to activate +7 per second

“Epoch looks into every timestream, pulls the moments most beneficial to them and their team and forces them into place, bringing them into reality in the nearby area. Altering time to such a degree is not without consequences though”

A ripple spreads through the air from Epoch (about the center of the model). Every allied Tenno affected gains a glowing aura (color same as Epoch's energy color) of swirling, rising particles. Every enemy slows down considerably and gains an aura of swirling, sinking particles.

In an area around Epoch, 5/10/15/20 meters, Epoch and all allied Tenno gain a number of bonuses and enemies gain a number of penalties (these are multiplicative).This area moves with Epoch, enemies that enter it become affected and enemies that leave it stop being affected by it after 1 second

Bonuses:
1. Damage dealt is increased by 1.5/2/2.5/3
2. Critical chance is increased by 1.3/1.6/1.9/2.2
3. Shield Recharge time is decreased by 1.5/2/2.5/3
4. Any regeneration effects are increased by 1.2/1.4/1.6/1.8
5. Any draining effects are reduced by 1.1/1.3/1.5/1.7

Penalties:
1. Damage dealt is decreased by 0.5/1/1.5/2
2. Speed is reduced by 0.5/1/1.5/2
3. Accuracy/reaction time is reduced by 0.5/1/1.5/2

In exchange for such power Epoch's shields drain at a rate of 3/6/9/12 per second (this is not affected by Moment of Perfection) and any damage dealt to Epoch's health at this time is dealt permanently (for that mission), to a minimum of 5. Additionally, this ability cannot be used for 120/90/60/30 seconds after deactivation. Epoch may not activate any other power while this is active.

This is just something I threw together because I needed to get it out of my head. I've got very few ideas on the visuals and honestly I've probably screwed something up stat wise since I'm not sure of all the ins and outs of Warframe stats.

As for why I made all of their abilities activate/deactivate, I felt the time keeping aspect fit rather well with the frame and the idea of an Epoch but honestly I'm not sure how it would work out in game.

Anyway, thoughts and opinions? A list of the many things wrong with this that I could fix?

EDIT: Changed title and name preference now that I've really had time to sleep on it.

Edited by Aumaan

Ability 1 - just to wierd for my mind o.0 so many reasons why just no

Ability 2, Ability 4  - smart buffs :)

Ability 3 - like this idea, but I think this ability should work easier way. mb lock only shield, health and stamina and when ability deactevated or energy ends or frame is down parametres are just unlocks

Edited by emaralez87

• 6 years later...

The first ability is pretty good, however it should be strip armor and do damage to health/shields at the same time. The 2nd and 4th are great buffs. They 3rd however, is already Protea's 4th but your idea applies to the team not one person.

On 2014-05-25 at 3:12 PM, Aumaan said:

Hoping for some suggestions or opinions.

"6 years later..."

11 hours ago, DragoneSlayr said:

The first ability is pretty good

Man dude probably not even playing warframe anymore, probably got great-great grandkids  now that he is busy with lol

Edited by (PSN)Frost_Nephilim