Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, What's De's Stance On Alt. Accounts.

billthebetta

I was thinking of making second account to make events like Cicero. Getting cool event mods twice and selling em for million plats. Almost asked about this from support but then my laziness took over and

This is why we can't have good things.

I kid, but not really.

I was thinking of making second account to make events like Cicero. Getting cool event mods twice and selling em for million plats. Almost asked about this from support but then my laziness took over and

Which bit of "alts accounts are fine provided you don't abuse it to get more x, y and z" was unclear?

The problem is that if people vocally suggest ways to abuse alt accounts, DE may well simply take a harsher and simpler view on them by outright banning them rather than the current approach of allowing them within certain limits.

I've personally known players to create alts solely to collect more event rewards (tethyra and cicero events)

I was too lazy to make accounts but I did use my brother's account (who doesnt play anymore) and my Trinity mule (macro 4 for infinite blessing while I farm on nekros on main account) Needless to say that doesn't work anymore post nerf

Release of trading (event mods) affects the general stance of alt accounts imo

The problem is that if people vocally suggest ways to abuse alt accounts, DE may well simply take a harsher and simpler view on them by outright banning them rather than the current approach of allowing them within certain limits.

Like I said... the player base just cannot be trusted to do good with grey areas like this. It is nothing but an exploitfest waiting to happen

Who was suggesting?

Who was suggesting?

That would have been you. But, if you're making a point about alt. accounts, fine. In a sense, this all helps DE see what issues are out there for this game. Alt accounts on a certain level seem to be one of those problems.

Read up a few posts.. dude acts like its the most natural thing to exploit event mod and prenerf trinity blessing to perma farm with his nekros.

Not picking on him as he isn't the only one. How many people are doing or have been doing this very thing or similar for months?

It has to stop. If the leaderboard fiascos can't convince you then you either do it yourself or are just not being realistic

That would have been you. But, if you're making a point about alt. accounts, fine. In a sense, this all helps DE see what issues are out there for this game. Alt accounts on a certain level seem to be one of those problems.

i tried to make somekind of point but seems i failed abit.

Anyhow i dont abuse games and i dont support it.

ask for permission to remote control family and friend's computers (to bypass IP address inspections)

make account + do events with a pug group (some of you may have noticed a rank 0 frame playing with your pug party during events due to this)

log back on after the rewards are delivered, trade to yourself

$300+ worth of plat for easy work with little/no risk involved

big oversight on DE but then again, this sort of abuse happens in real life as well

EDIT: DE allowed tethyra/cicero event nodes to be accessed freely by anyone. Abuse happened, DE just needs to have safeguard practices to prevent this sort of thing

(i.e. make event mods non-tradeable would fix the abuse at the cost of players raging over missing out exclusive mods)

Edited by thedan001

i tried to make somekind of point but seems i failed abit.

Anyhow i dont abuse games and i dont support it.

I think we get it, but at first your post just sounded like somebody bragging about how clever they were at beating the system. You just weren't clear enough when it came to conveying your point. It's difficult to read subtext on the internet.

I remember a time when I was so desperate to buy some Platinum, I made an alt account to have another daily chance to get a Platinum coupon and made it MR2 so it could trade. Haha. That plat's all spent now though.

That aside, why aren't 75% coupons a 7-day login reward? Doesn't DE want my money?

I'm sure there'd be quite a bit of rage if alts. were removed, but I'm not sure it's as much of a problem as you repeatedly say.

Also, we rage on everything. So if we rage on this, it really wouldn't be that big of a deal. I mean, we did just get through Trin and Nova nerfs.

make 2 accounts separate ids ect  ect  ....this way u can build a private ship with all the goodies and be warlord ..Yet join a active larger guild for fun and activities ,social ,friends ..with other account or other...But this can be expensive in doing both ...worth it rewarding. Umm yah that's what I would do if I could^

Alt accounts are not really encouraged, and are prohibited if used to circumvent certain limits in the game (using an alt account to get a diff starting frame, using for referrals as Arch mentioned, boosting clan score in events) or on the forums (i.e. evading suspensions and/or mod queue).

More details can be read about it on Paragraph 5, Section 3 of the Warframe Terms of Use Agreement.

tl;dr Please avoid making alt accounts unless you have to (such as getting in touch with support to regain access to your main account if you lost it).

Are there Alts in this thread?!

Cg2LT0m.jpg

Seriously though, we do not explicitly prohibit alts. 

Just to add to Letter's post, alternate accounts are handled on a case by case basis. 

We do not actively seek out alternate accounts, unless we suspect they are being used for grievous activity. 

However, we are much more likely to suspend alternate accounts, so putting time and energy into an alt account is a risk. In light of that fact, we do not encourage the use of alternate accounts

Hopefully that clears things up. 

Locking.