Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Multiple Platform Ports?

InhumaneSlayer

Games on Mac?

You're kidding.

You're kidding, right?

Macs are not gaming platforms, not by the specs, nor by the OS itself.

Besides, porting Warframe to OSX and Unix would require re-writing the engine from scratch, because it uses different architecture than Windows - DirectX for example, there's no such thing as DirectX on OSX and Unix systems. True, there are similar ones, but Warframe is written under DX specifically..

Games on Mac?

You're kidding.

You're kidding, right?

Macs are not gaming platforms, not by the specs, nor by the OS itself.

Besides, porting Warframe to OSX and Unix would require re-writing the engine from scratch, because it uses different architecture than Windows - DirectX for example, there's no such thing as DirectX on OSX and Unix systems. True, there are similar ones, but Warframe is written under DX specifically..

stfu, my macbook pro, just a laptop can handle warframe with maxed settings

The cross platform capability is severly limited by the game's basic graphic API; Windows use DirectX (which commonly used by almost every game in this world), while Mac and Linux use OpenGL (which is pretty limited, since M$ aggressive promotion of DirectX).

Warframe uses DirectX, and while there's WINE and CrossOver for Linux and Mac, respectively, it would just add another layer of complex calculation (and in some parts, emulation), which could considerably hogging the performance, not to mention there would be incompatibilities between various games and the system itself. (Bootcamp is NOT included since it's basically running a whole Windows OS inside a Mac hardware, even then it would have a very different result than a pure PC).

stfu, my macbook pro, just a laptop can handle warframe with maxed settings

And may I ask how much that costs, with the Windows license in Bootcamp included? Even if it runs WF at maxed settings, I wouldn't risk my wallet so much if I could get a much more viable option with a much lower budget. Unless budget is not a limitation...

Using a virtual windows program, right?

Please, enlighten me if not. I am ignorant to the ways of the Apple.

Prolly Bootcamp, since WF and CrossOver (like a Mac version of WINE) had a pretty unstable relationship.

Nevertheless, I still hoped that cross-platform would be actually realized, since it would pretty much broaden the consumer spectrum.

Edited by Athros

We should take all the PS4 players....

tumblr_la8xrzGo521qaqps8o1_500.jpg

And push them to the PC side

Or let they players choose what they want to play on, not have it dictated to them?

I am shocked, i always thought people with Apple products have low self esteem and are buying shiny just so others can say "look at his shiny Apple product". Well, 9/10 people that know and are users of Apple products, bought the same just because of looks.

You cannot fight that. We all know why majority of Apple fanatics buy them.

On topic, how would you play a game on system that isnt made for gaming? Without Bootcamp or similar programs, you are pretty doomed.

On topic, how would you play a game on system that isnt made for gaming? Without Bootcamp or similar programs, you are pretty doomed.

Easy; they would just played everything that only available for them. Games for Mac is widely available (and some of it were popular title which uses OpenGL rather than DirectX), but still unmatched with the vast selection of Windows games.

Edited by Athros