Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alad V = Robert Mezner?

Devarook

After doing a few of the Suspicious Shipment alerts, I noticed something. I believe that Alad V is the reincarnation of Robert Mezner, the main antagonist from darkSector. Here are the main similarities:

They both are scientists, who were both Board Members of their receptive agency's.

They both were deemed as dangerous by their receptive agency's.

They both have researched the Technocyte virus.

They have both had "Suspicious Shipments" that turned out to be live infected.

They have both been infected by the virus.

They have both had a "Tenno" chase after them.

They are also vaguely similar in appearance.

So, to anyone who has played/beaten darkSector and knows the story and plot, what do you think about this? Is Alad V going to be Warframe's version of Mezner, and if so, then could the upcoming event be similar to the events that took place near the end of darkSector?

they do actually say that Dark Sector was an inspiration for making this game

original i think darksector was going to be this game, but they saved and/or didnt have the right stuff they have now to have made the game they wanted. and im glad they did cause this game is awesome

they do actually say that Dark Sector was an inspiration for making this game

original i think darksector was going to be this game, but they saved and/or didnt have the right stuff they have now to have made the game they wanted. and im glad they did cause this game is awesome

That link goes to a DigitalExtreams YouTube Video called "Original Dark Sector Concept". darkSector was supposed to be what Warframe is now, or close to it, but was changed due to it not being popular in the market at the time, or something along those lines.

Afaik they couldn't make Dark Sektor the way they wanted due to executive meddling from their publishers or some S#&$ 

Someone... I wish I could remember who it was, a forum regular, anyways, basically did a big synopsis showing that Warframe is retelling Dark Sector's story using different characters basically. A "history repeats itself" sort of idea. They had pretty sound evidence, from what I remember. Alad probably is Mezner's reincarnation in all of this.

Edited by VegetableBasket

Interesting.

Now all we need is a Nadia Sudek.

They had Hayden's Proto Armor as a skin for Excalibur in the market for a limited time, maybe they will add Nadia's Nemesis as a skin for Nyx. Could do some conclave reenacting.

Edited by UnholySkript

I just realized that Zanuka is, in a way, Nadia.... Zanuka is an attack-dog/guardian of Alad V. Nadia(as Nemesis) is an attack-dog/guardian for Mezner. Both Nadia and Zanuka both attack a "Tenno" player.

Edited by UnholySkript

After doing a few of the Suspicious Shipment alerts, I noticed something. I believe that Alad V is the reincarnation of Robert Mezner, the main antagonist from darkSector. Here are the main similarities:

They both are scientists, who were both Board Members of their receptive agency's.

They both were deemed as dangerous by their receptive agency's.

They both have researched the Technocyte virus.

They have both had "Suspicious Shipments" that turned out to be live infected.

They have both been infected by the virus.

They have both had a "Tenno" chase after them.

They are also vaguely similar in appearance.

So, to anyone who has played/beaten darkSector and knows the story and plot, what do you think about this? Is Alad V going to be Warframe's version of Mezner, and if so, then could the upcoming event be similar to the events that took place near the end of darkSector?

Seems reasonable to me.

I think DE intended to make the Dark Sector they wanted in Warframe. I don't know how much of the DS that was warped by the publishers is canon.

And maybe Lotus is Nemesis? A mysterious woman who's been in our lives before?

Warframe's an MMO tho, so the story can't really ever end, and I hope it doesn't for a good long while. We'll see nods to the original game from time to time, but I don't want it to be a total redux of a story DE didn't want to tell.

I think DE intended to make the Dark Sector they wanted in Warframe. I don't know how much of the DS that was warped by the publishers is canon.

And maybe Lotus is Nemesis? A mysterious woman who's been in our lives before?

Warframe's an MMO tho, so the story can't really ever end, and I hope it doesn't for a good long while. We'll see nods to the original game from time to time, but I don't want it to be a total redux of a story DE didn't want to tell.

These alerts seem to be more of a parallel than a redux.