Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are We Getting New Space Ships When Core Gameplay Is Still Broken?

CosyPigeon

I can't melee flying drones by looking up, I can't melee someone on the ground in front of me without doing a pointless finisher attack, stealth attacks are still pointless, parkour is still magnetic and boring and pales in comparison to numerous other games out there that have LESS resources than DE can bring to bare. Most enemies are still fodder with little in the way of variation. There's tremendous and ever increasing mod bloat with no end in sight and no meaningful and satisfying means of character progression. I still auto roll and have to deal with cheap enemies that take away player agency.

Why are we getting new space ships and fluffy cute puppies when so much of the core game play mechanics are still broken, and have been for over a year now? Why is DE wasting vast amounts of developer resources on these rather silly things, when the game is still in desperate need of some decent polish of the things that actually bring players back to the game: movement, melee, shooting. 

We're getting ships because it helps with the new player experience. One of the core problems with that experience right now, aside from difficulty, is having no real goal once you leave the tutorial. Said ships will provide that goal via finding modules and participating in Vor's Prize. These ships also offer a new level of immersion and lore, which also helps with the new player experience.

We're getting ships because it helps with the new player experience. One of the core problems with that experience right now, aside from difficulty, is having no real goal once you leave the tutorial. Said ships will provide that goal via finding modules and participating in Vor's Prize. These ships also offer a new level of immersion and lore, which also helps with the new player experience.

I'd get twice as much immersion from being able to swing my sword UPWARDS then I would from prancing about my new space ship with my fluffy new pet. -_-

I'd get twice as much immersion from being able to swing my sword UPWARDS then I would from prancing about my new space ship with my fluffy new pet. -_-

That's not the point. While I'd like things to be fixed just as much as you, that doesn't mean the Devs should push off the new player experience any longer.

That's not the point. While I'd like things to be fixed just as much as you, that doesn't mean the Devs should push off the new player experience any longer.

I bet new players would enjoy the early game a hell of a lot more if they didn't have to rely solely on an RNG filled with hundreds of pointless mods to progress and the game play actually lived up to the cool stuff you see in the trailers. 

How the new player experience was not the first order of business is beyond me. How many years since closed beta and the tutorial doesn't tell you about mods and other things.

I don't think that the core gameplay will ever be fixed really.

Me neither, but I backed this game because I wanted the core game play DE promised, because what they promised sounded really damn fun. So I'll be pissing and moaning on the forums occasionally hoping that one day they deliver on the idea I and a lot of other founders invested in. 

How the new player experience was not the first order of business is beyond me. How many years since closed beta and the tutorial doesn't tell you about mods and other things.

Not that I disagree, but "years"? Also, one thing at a time. DE can't manage this much immediately. 

Oh god another thread complaining about how DE handles things. Either way someone will always be unhappy about what order DE chooses to fix things. Is the game playable? yes? Are the bugs game breaking? No. They will be fixed in time. Either they neglect new players and people looking for more content beyond grind or they neglect people looking for bug fixes. You will notice they do a bit of both in almost every hotfix/update. If you don't like it leave. Another thread complaining is not helpful or constructive.

Not that I disagree, but "years"? Also, one thing at a time. DE can't manage this much immediately. 

Yes years, plural. Since closed beta. I'm not saying they should do everything at once, hell when I started playing this game there was no tutorial and there were no mods('twas a time of bliss....), but come on, they can make random cosmetic armour in a few months but in over a year can't make a tutorial?

no mater what people will do, other people will always be unhappy. once theses bug fixes are fixed or something new is announced they will just complain about it, its how the internet works

These issues have been brought up hundreds of times before over a period longer than 12 months. If they get core game play mechanics sorted I'd probably be too busy playing the game and enjoying it to come on the forums and complain. 

I think polishing takes more time than one might expect.

That being the case, we should respect that DE has acknowledged it. When it comes is most likely when more features are introduced that have better longevity. The game still has much more to go.

I think it looks like they're neglecting polishing the game. But I don't think so. Not really. It's much needed, but I think they know their priorities: the recent Warframe ability changes show that. We'll slowly move into a phase where the features will be more and more polished with time.

Oh god another thread complaining about how DE handles things. Either way someone will always be unhappy about what order DE chooses to fix things. Is the game playable? yes? Are the bugs game breaking? No. They will be fixed in time. Either they neglect new players and people looking for more content beyond grind or they neglect people looking for bug fixes. You will notice they do a bit of both in almost every hotfix/update. If you don't like it leave. Another thread complaining is not helpful or constructive.

There are things that have been broken since closed beta that are still broken now, "playable" or not. I won't leave, I'll complain and moan untill i get the product I was promised when decided to drop money to back the game.

Edited by dragonboss

Read the post please, at no point have I complained about bugs in the above thread, I just want the core game play mechanics DE have been touting from day 1. Considering the amount of times these 3 core issues have been brought up with DE and been given over whelming support by the community, it seems fine to remind them of where their priorities should lie. if you don't like me making a new thread, why not follow your own advice and just not post in it?

Yes years, plural. Since closed beta. I'm not saying they should do everything at once, hell when I started playing this game there was no tutorial and there were no mods('twas a time of bliss....), but come on, they can make random cosmetic armour in a few months but in over a year can't make a tutorial?

Money, I guess. Though tutorial in the long run would bring more. But DE don't seem to think this far into the future.

Actually if not for these threads Warframe would be a lot worse. Because DE only notice issues when there's a huge sh!tstorm.

Ahmahgahd, I can't hit stuff wiv mai sword!!1

Grab gun, problem solved.

Anyhow, I can't call melee/wallrunning broken.

Sure, they're not perfect, but they're working.

I, for one, look forward to seeing those spaceships.

Don't really came much about the kubrow/kyubeys though.