Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Call To Arms For Unfair Taxes

-InV-Skitz0

Seems to me like rhetoric from someone who doesn't care. Whose trying to twist the knife, and having a laugh.

All the blowback seems like people within the alliance, with a severe case of diaper rash, and takestufftooseriousanoma.

Like some joker just said their clan withdrew from eclipse because another clan is too casual.

casual at what? Grinding face into some half baked concoction, known as Dark Sectors, going to run around meetings and having everyone hate you despite your best efforts to provide a modicum of service to the people playing? Pretty good reasons for anyone with half a mind to 'be casual'. I'd rather play beer pong with vinegar than do that.

That's exactly what hardcore is. You smash your face in against something that is unrewarding, not particularly that fun or very repetitive in order to accomplish great goals. Whether that would be getting on top of the leaderboard scores, maintaining control of dark sectors or maximizing your builds and items, it all comes down to repetition. And at some point you will have everything in the game and at some point you won't care about the rewards, but you will care about the bigger picture. If you have ever stepped into a regular MMO, you know what i'm talking about. Hardcore Wow guilds didnt make top 1 by sitting on their asses and whining that the runs don't give them anything anymore. They ran people through them multiple times in a day in order to build a strong roster even if it meant sacrifices/time wasted/running useless meetings. If you don't adhere to this idea, sorry to say but you are casual. And as such, you have no say in what Eclipse does or should do. only the people who dedicate their time and energy to do "the useless stuff" have access to that priviledge.

All the blowback seems like people within the alliance, with a severe case of diaper rash, and takestufftooseriousanoma.

People who take things too serious are the ones that keep this game going and make it as big as it is. Do you really think people who play the game once a week/month have any impact whatsoever? They don't. Therefore their opinion is irrelevant. As is yours.

Correct, at least in the fact that I don't care. Who actually uses the Sedna rails, anyway?

So, you're arfully dodging the rest of my reply in a manner that makes you/or your alliance apathetic towards one loss, but in reality contributed to 3? other losses. Right?

Come on man, don't mince words with me. I'm like David Carradine (yeah, even with the auto erotic thing), i'm like a shaolin monk. Kneel before me, before I execute my 3 finger palm strike.

Them, or YOU?

Cause if you're not THEM. Or if you are THEM, but not man/woman enough to represent yourself as THEM, then I have no interest in speaking with you.

Love you, hugs, kisses.

lolwat. I'm not from Eclipse. It really doesn't matter where I am from. It won't change anything. I'm only curious as to what you possibly believe you could be offering them.

If I do runs for you will you send me pictures and updates regarding the status of my clubbed baby seal? I like to keep tabs on the things I sponsor.

I would not be apposed to this, but you may have to settle for watching me club them over skype or something. As i am not sure of the Warframe forum policy on uploading the images of beaten baby seals.

So, you're arfully dodging the rest of my reply in a manner that makes you/or your alliance apathetic towards one loss, but in reality contributed to 3? other losses. Right?

Come on man, don't mince words with me. I'm like David Carradine (yeah, even with the auto erotic thing), i'm like a shaolin monk. Kneel before me, before I execute my 3 finger palm strike.

What? No. I almost never touch rails in conflict. I contribute to no wins or losses.

As for dodging the rest of your statement, allow me to elaborate:

In stating that it was damage control, I thought I was stating the obvious, and furthermore, I do derive a form of entertainment from stating the obvious.

I had no idea that such a simple statement could have such repercussions.

Let's just end this before it gets out of control

That's exactly what hardcore is. You smash your face in against something that is unrewarding, not particularly that fun or very repetitive in order to accomplish great goals. Whether that would be getting on top of the leaderboard scores, maintaining control of dark sectors or maximizing your builds and items, it all comes down to repetition. And at some point you will have everything in the game and at some point you won't care about the rewards, but you will care about the bigger picture. If you have ever stepped into a regular MMO, you know what i'm talking about. Hardcore Wow guilds didnt make top 1 by sitting on their asses and whining that the runs don't give them anything anymore. They ran people through them multiple times in a day in order to build a strong roster even if it meant sacrifices/time wasted/running useless meetings. If you don't adhere to this idea, sorry to say but you are casual. And as such, you have no say in what Eclipse does or should do. only the people who dedicate their time and energy to do "the useless stuff" have access to that priviledge.

You know something, it took the entire guild ENTIRE GUILD in WoW to make it to #1. IT didn't take a bunch of nameless faces. It didn't take a bunch of warlords dragging their clans into something so infantile and insignificant to the grand scope of what the game represents to prove they were on top. Yes that's right, it took a tiny bit of effort in comparison to the hardest of the hardcore wow guilds to secure yourselves in that place before the armistice solidified your position. And even then, despite doing something that's maybe one-onehundreth as rewarding as clearing a raid..which actually took cordination, and talent. (I doubt there are 5 people in the entirety of this games player-base that could stack up to the best rouges in those old WoW raiding days, you just ran as fast as you could, slammed X and ran to the exit. IM SO IMPRESSED! THATS ONE CLASS HUNTER ROTATION IN VANILLA WOW. I bet not a single person reading this post knew what it was to stance dance in ony. AND YOURE GONNA TALK DOWN TO ME.) Give me a break. Nobility in the face of something so droll and mind numbingly stupid is nothing to be proud of man. Throw your legs off that high horse.

Because even now, within a community that represents a microscopic fraction of what the WoW hardcore scene had in numbers..the percentage of people who have a modicum of respect for what you've seemingly accomplished are quite small. Insinigicant. And you puff your chest like a Turkey at me. That's what you are right know. A turkey. And I'm Elmer Fudd with an axe, deep frier full of grease. Dinner time baby.

And this bit hold on, I've forgotten it already it's so infantile, let me read it after I paste it.

"People who take things too serious are the ones that keep this game going and make it as big as it is. Do you really think people who play the game once a week/month have any impact whatsoever? They don't. Therefore their opinion is irrelevant. As is yours."

Do you even? I take things seriously that matter, that are in the interest of the greater good, you're puffing your tiny pecked rib filled chest at me about smashing your face into a wall for glory with a foundation of a dark sector that offers absolutely nothing in return for fueling a war machine that is detrimental to the community. We used to squabble about weapons being overpowered and frames, now this. For what? Nothing other than a per-pubescent yearning for acceptance. Need I say more, THIS THREAD CLEARLY SOLIDIFIES MY POINT.

Don't talk to me like you know me, or if you'd like to, I'm on warframe right now, we can have a serious conversation. Twitter works too, skype as well, although my name there is DrkDeadeye. Steam is fine too. Or would you like to try your hand at replying here, to 'pwn' me, so everyone else can see. But, not sack up and talk to me about what your problem is?

That's what I love about Eclipse (satirically)..and sorta why I left my clan. People are ASHAMED or SCARED to admit they're apart of an alliance full of DEDICATED players.

Again Eclipse. Offer stands, I'll be your PR rep. I'm good with people, and with words. So good that you guys spent a lot of time talking about me. Imagine if I went the other way? Or you can be a bunch of cloak and dagger, scared to put a face on whatever the hell you are, and play plausible deniablity like you're some kind of rouge agent.

If that guy is all you can scrounge up. Then, man..I don't know why my PM box hasin't lit up yet. I'm in game too, and on steam.

DirkDeadeye is my name everywhere, twitter, steam, warframe, call of duty. Can't miss me baby. Even if I hop on Planetside, or WoW, drop a line would you? I won't bite.

I think you need to teach yourself to know when you're crossing a line separating audacity and complete lack of self respect.

Why would people who already didn't listen to you, listen to you now? Your proposition is to basically make yourself into a public figure, a puppet. You ready to spew more "we're giving everything back to the community" propaganda while meaningless taxes are still set at 50% just so an alliance can rot away on autopilot and no real effort?

The Dark Sector system itself is a pointless effort to tryhard about. There's absolutely no value in trying to fight for them now. The community is steaming at Eclipse for keeping high taxes on low-mid level rails. That's it. Only high-level clans can fight them and they don't care because high-level sectors have reasonable or zero taxes.

No PR is going to fix that.

Edited by Yurilica

Dat assassination.

I think you need to teach yourself to know when you're crossing a line separating audacity and complete lack of self respect.

Why would people who already didn't listen to you, listen to you now? Your proposition is to basically make yourself into a public figure, a puppet. You ready to spew more "we're giving everything back to the community" propaganda while meaningless taxes are still set at 50% just so an alliance can rot away on autopilot and no real effort?

The Dark Sector system itself is a pointless effort to tryhard about. There's absolutely no value in trying to fight for them now. The community is &!$$ed at Eclipse for keeping high taxes on low-mid level rails. That's it. Only high-level clans can fight them and they don't care because high-level sectors have reasonable or zero taxes.

Pretty much this.

First of all, you haven't the slightest idea on how I'd conduct my business, and you won't unless you're a representative.

And the below text is what I aim to address. The more this alliance decays, the less I can accomplish. I appreciate your concern, and that's what I'd like to address. However it's blatantly obvious they are beyond my help, which is unfortunate..because it's a disservice to the game, and the community.

In my eyes, the only unreasonable taxes are from rails that actually tax resources.  I honestly couldn't care less about losing just a few hundred credits or so per match.

Feel free to visit Jupiter dark sectors then. Or Sedna, where a clan that's a part of the Eclipse alliance is still holding 100% tax.

People who take things too serious are the ones that keep this game going and make it as big as it is. Do you really think people who play the game once a week/month have any impact whatsoever? They don't. Therefore their opinion is irrelevant. As is yours.

Actually, most of the "whales*" in Warframe are people with steady jobs and disposable income, close to or over mid 20's. They value their time due to their circumstances(jobs and other obligations) and have a stable source of income to spend on the game.
Other than a few rich college students, you won't find anyone spending several hundred euro/dollars on a F2P game. Any F2P game, not just Warframe.

Players that spent a crazy amount of money in Warframe actually have a disproportionate amount of play time in it. They buy plat precisely to cut down on time needed to get stuff. They support the game financially.

* - a term for individuals in F2P games that spend money on them with enthusiasm

First of all, you haven't the slightest idea on how I'd conduct my business, and you won't unless you're a representative.

And the below text is what I aim to address. The more this alliance decays, the less I can accomplish. I appreciate your concern, and that's what I'd like to address. However it's blatantly obvious they are beyond my help, which is unfortunate..because it's a disservice to the game, and the community.

It's not a business. It's a game and you need to chill out. Let them rot for all your care, nothing you say or do as an individual can change that because you're not in a leadership position of any kind. You never were. It's not your responsibility to help them because it's not you who got them in this mess. Hell, are you even enjoying the game as a whole anymore? Take a step back. Everything you're steaming about now, it's all someone else's crappy mistakes and attitudes in a videogame. I get being passionate, but your replies are grey-hair material.
Edited by Yurilica

Feel free to visit Jupiter dark sectors then. Or Sedna, where a clan that's a part of the Eclipse alliance is still holding 100% tax.

I would if I actually needed Neural Sensors or, um, whatever the hell Sedna drops.  :P

It's not a business. It's a game and you need to chill out. Let them rot for all your care, nothing you say or do as an individual can change that because you're not in a leadership position of any kind. You never were. It's not your responsibility to help them because it's not you who got them in this mess. Hell, are you even enjoying the game as a whole anymore? Take a step back. Everything you're steaming about now, it's all someone else's crappy mistakes and attitudes in a videogame. I get being passionate, but your replies are grey-hair material.

My business as in how i'd conduct myself. You do understand there are different connotations to that word right? I don't say that to be arrogant, or talk down to you. Again, I'm illustrating yet another opportunity for someone to privately contact someone about they're not sure about. I see someone lurking this post whose also failed to do that as well. It's a running theme that I guess I'll have to clearly illustrate. Which I just have.

Fine, come PR for me. Not that I believe I need it. And I don't know what you are going to get out of it...

Still. It doesn't make sense to me. If everything is true then Eclipse is just a shadow of its former self. If you help them they'll either have to shape up and keep at what they are doing (whatever people believe that is...) or become another one of those 50+ forgettable alliances. 

See. This is my problem.

Eclipse is so elusive, that I have to treat EVERY reply as someone who is affiliated with them.

I end up looking like a madman don't I?

You're down to a respectable amount of rails. You have two rails that net rare resources, and would be trafficed a hell of a lot more with a public apology, and a reduction of tax down to 10-15% 25% would be acceptable given the circumstances you've been given, and in the face of said apology.

With that comes full disclosure of clans affilated with Eclipse, members excluded, Warlords definitely included.

You hide in public, yet you bait and swindle people to push your agenda with credits. You demand organization, meetings and communication, yet you also make decisions on your own through another group deeper within the ranks. This all has to stop. You hate being the schoolyard bully yet you shove and push people around. Push them so hard they stage coupes against your own alliance. High ranking people whom you've heard their their own voices in confidence.

You also pushed away a man very close, and very respected my myself.

And you've said a lot of nasty things about me in private. When everything I've said privately I've made public. But I will put those aside.

Why?

Why would I do this? Because DE has your EAR. And I care for the future and well being of this game. Let us help each other. Or shall we both be stubborn sprinting gleefully towards the demise of something that could be quite incredible. You hold the key to turning this around. I have the linguistic, marketing, and sales tactics to make it happen. Our agendas do align. Despite how much we disagree with one another.

Edited by DirkDeadeye

/cut

Not everything is about you, fortunately. The solution is not to PR manage an alliance led by players that don't realize how pointless their efforts are.

The solution to the whole Dark Sector problem is to actually abolish player taxation and implement an exclusive access or resource system.

Enable the clans/alliances with exclusive access to sell some of the stuff attained from Dark Sector nodes to the rest of the community at their own prices on a community market, an auction house if you will. Make the clans/alliances actually have to farm up the stuff they want to sell.

Benefits:

-Clans/alliances keep the ability to gain extra profits

-Rail conflicts become a matter of actual combat and effort instead of "who throws the most credits around"

-Clans or players that do not wish to participate in Dark Sector conflicts do not have to do so at all, since the stuff gained from them would be available on a market anyway

-Exclusive access to Dark Sectors means the effort would actually be worth it, unlike now

-Clans/alliances who do not approve of current market prices would just have to take over a Dark Sector from an opposing clan or alliance

It would be a major effort to remake it, but it would be an ideal system for Warframe as a whole.

Unfortunately, DE chose to take the short route with the system and now we have something that is literally tearing the community apart.

You have people that don't care about Dark Sectors at all, people that care about them too much and people stuck in the middle that just want to farm resources/exp with those tasty bonuses without contributing to someone's pointless epeen. Dark Sectors are literally the worst thing that happened to the Warframe community, no contest.

Edited by Yurilica

I'm afraid you're greatly exaggerating. 

99% of the time that is an exaggeration. Until some random alliance gets all big, and bad rams another solar rail, and loses... and then we have the community ripping itself apart during that 1% of the time.

cut

Brother, sister.

I agree. I do. But my brain is wired like a dog. And dogs know one thing. NOW. Maybe it's a flaw. But I embrace it to the fullest. My futile, possibly misguided efforts might seem insane to someone like you. But, again, I pant and paw at the window of oppertunity to come inside to the cool A/C of a robust DS environment, and community.

We're on the same page. If I gave you a hug, would you scratch behind my ear?

99% of the time that is an exaggeration. Until some random alliance gets all big, and bad rams another solar rail, and loses... and then we have the community ripping itself apart during that 1% of the time.

I mean, maybe the forum community? I'm not exactly seeing any drama outside the few post that have popped up in General. The most I've seen was an Eclipse member in Council chat have a breakdown for 20 minutes, and most everyone ignored him cause it was painful to watch.

Seriously, there was more widespread drama over Bladestorm getting buffed than this.

Edited by Charismo

Brother, sister.

I agree. I do. But my brain is wired like a dog. And dogs know one thing. NOW. Maybe it's a flaw. But I embrace it to the fullest. My futile, possibly misguided efforts might seem insane to someone like you. But, again, I pant and paw at the window of oppertunity to come inside to the cool A/C of a robust DS environment, and community.

We're on the same page. If I gave you a hug, would you scratch behind my ear?

Insane? Nah, just outright stupid. That's all i have left to say.

Edited by Yurilica