Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Call To Arms For Unfair Taxes

-InV-Skitz0

I mean, maybe the forum community? I'm not exactly seeing any drama outside the few post that have popped up in General. The most I've seen was an Eclipse member in Council chat have a breakdown for 20 minutes, and most everyone ignored him cause it was painful to watch.

Seriously, there was more widespread drama over Bladestorm getting buffed than this.

bladestorm? I never saw anything on that, and I am here most of the day, and almost every day. Infact look at my post count... its absurd, and I have never seen drama over bladestorm buff.

I think the drama on Solar rail wars is much larger at the moment.

You know something, it took the entire guild ENTIRE GUILD in WoW to make it to #1. IT didn't take a bunch of nameless faces. It didn't take a bunch of warlords dragging their clans into something so infantile and insignificant to the grand scope of what the game represents to prove they were on top. Yes that's right, it took a tiny bit of effort in comparison to the hardest of the hardcore wow guilds to secure yourselves in that place before the armistice solidified your position. And even then, despite doing something that's maybe one-onehundreth as rewarding as clearing a raid..which actually took cordination, and talent. (I doubt there are 5 people in the entirety of this games player-base that could stack up to the best rouges in those old WoW raiding days, you just ran as fast as you could, slammed X and ran to the exit. IM SO IMPRESSED! THATS ONE CLASS HUNTER ROTATION IN VANILLA WOW. I bet not a single person reading this post knew what it was to stance dance in ony. AND YOURE GONNA TALK DOWN TO ME.) Give me a break. Nobility in the face of something so droll and mind numbingly stupid is nothing to be proud of man. Throw your legs off that high horse.

Because even now, within a community that represents a microscopic fraction of what the WoW hardcore scene had in numbers..the percentage of people who have a modicum of respect for what you've seemingly accomplished are quite small. Insinigicant. And you puff your chest like a Turkey at me. That's what you are right know. A turkey. And I'm Elmer Fudd with an axe, deep frier full of grease. Dinner time baby.

And this bit hold on, I've forgotten it already it's so infantile, let me read it after I paste it.

"People who take things too serious are the ones that keep this game going and make it as big as it is. Do you really think people who play the game once a week/month have any impact whatsoever? They don't. Therefore their opinion is irrelevant. As is yours."

Do you even? I take things seriously that matter, that are in the interest of the greater good, you're puffing your tiny pecked rib filled chest at me about smashing your face into a wall for glory with a foundation of a dark sector that offers absolutely nothing in return for fueling a war machine that is detrimental to the community. We used to squabble about weapons being overpowered and frames, now this. For what? Nothing other than a per-pubescent yearning for acceptance. Need I say more, THIS THREAD CLEARLY SOLIDIFIES MY POINT.

Don't talk to me like you know me, or if you'd like to, I'm on warframe right now, we can have a serious conversation. Twitter works too, skype as well, although my name there is DrkDeadeye. Steam is fine too. Or would you like to try your hand at replying here, to 'pwn' me, so everyone else can see. But, not sack up and talk to me about what your problem is?

With the sheer amount of insults in this post alone, i don't see why you consider yourself being able to be a PR. Let me tell you PR don't answer in this fashion. But that's irrelevant anyway.

I'm not too sure what you're talking bout running to the end because it no longer is a capture mission. It's an MD type mission now. Might want to update your information, Again, looks bad as a supposed PR. Again, like i said, it takes the same type of effort as it did in wow to do this REPEATEDLY. Noone is saying the mission is hard, even mastery 5 can finish it no prob  at all mobs are levels 13 it's a joke in terms of difficulty. That's not where the difficulty is, difficulty comes from the fact that you need to run it repeatedly over and over multiple times a week. Do you know how many runs that is a week if you own 8 rails? Feel free to do the math for me. 

Microscopic maybe but keep in mind wow numbers are dropping like flies and WIldstar numbers are only rising. Again that's a side subject. It's not, however, the size of the community that determines its quality unless you want to argue that the CURRENT playerbase of Wow is anything worth mentionning in terms of skill and talent. LIke you said, they still have huge numbers. the skill ceiling has gone the drain though.

Like i said kiddo, read the full paragraph first. That is how you judge the quality of a clan/alliance by seeing who will put up with unrewarding content and for how long. Noone has any issue spamming content that gives you tons of reward, there is no resilience and willpower necessary there. There is "skill", not skill like Wow players see it, more like the ability to keep on going even after something has stopped being rewarding for you. It takes minimal skill to solo in this game, i will agree to that. I don't need acceptance, i already have plenty of it. You, on the other hand, seem like you do need more since you keep spamming this thread with a mindset of "throw more stuff at it, some of it will stick", if that's not yearning for attention i don't know what is.

Really? Because you didnt just now? Calling me a turkey, an arrogant kid and who knows what else. Please, you're sounding more and more like one of those 6 years old on youtube comments who smack talk when they run out of points of make. My problem is simple, like i said, you're a casual as you have proven with your lack of interest in content that requires willpower and resilience. My problem resides in the fact that you think you know so much better than everybody else even though you're not even that dedicated to the game. You want people to care about what you think about the game? Then put the time and effort into it, otherwise i'll just ignore and read people who have actual points to make.

Wow, come back and everything goes nuts on us.

Well, I'm a member of Eclipse, and we have been pretty quiet on the official statements lately, or at all. Mostly because we've been more interested in holding our rails and exploring this new system (as barebones as it is right now). Holding eight rails for since the beginning up until recently, more than anyone else, isn't quite that bad.

The question of dedication's a tough one - Dark Sectors aren't particularly lucrative unless someone is offering battlepay. There simply isn't much of a reason to run dozens of mobile defense and tire yourself out in a game that has never before demanded that kind of dedication. All the talk of WoW raiders is nice, but I can't imagine that instantly sprang up right away the second the launch started.

Eclipse has strongly dedicated people in it, and while I am not the most tireless of defenders (I, too, enjoy battlepay and running credit rails), I am perfectly willing run rails and give my money to my alliance. But as has been demonstrated in this thread and elsewhere, people just want to play the game. They want money and a place to get that money reliably, or places for resources. We see that in the results of the last few months, and until the Dark Sector system changes, it's never really going to go away.

DirkDeadeye, to address your point earlier: Eclipse members don't come forward often because they would prefer not to be showered in a rain of derision. There's a popular perception from the beginning of this whole thing that Eclipse was evil, being the largest alliance and the ones who applied higher taxes than others (a debate I will not address here). Is it so strange that people aren't willing to own forward and deal with a few vocal deriders, screaming at them for their affiliation?

And that's really what it is. There's also a lot of legitimate debate, criticisms that warrant discussion, and people who just don't really care.

Eclipse has been more concerned with their actions recently - with offering substantial battlepay in fair amounts (a major issue until the advent of visible reserves), with trying to handle conflicts fairly without exploits, simply by putting in the work and running the rails. They've had a fairly major setback recently, but also a fantastic time earlier in the weekend where we defended against constant multiple attacks, in no small part by mercenaries working for our battlepay. For that, I personally  thank you; mercenaries have proven their value in the Dark Sector market, and are shaping the current environment. But I've heard a lot of enthusiasm to keep going forward and certainly no death-knell.

They've had a lot of worthy opponents and some underhanded ones, but it's something we want to do. It's not like Dark Sectors are that fun now, but the potential is there, and Eclipse and I seem pretty optimistic overall. After all, it's a game, and death is never permanent.

Wow, come back and everything goes nuts on us.

Well, I'm a member of Eclipse, and we have been pretty quiet on the official statements lately, or at all. Mostly because we've been more interested in holding our rails and exploring this new system (as barebones as it is right now). Holding eight rails for since the beginning up until recently, more than anyone else, isn't quite that bad.

The question of dedication's a tough one - Dark Sectors aren't particularly lucrative unless someone is offering battlepay. There simply isn't much of a reason to run dozens of mobile defense and tire yourself out in a game that has never before demanded that kind of dedication. All the talk of WoW raiders is nice, but I can't imagine that instantly sprang up right away the second the launch started.

Eclipse has strongly dedicated people in it, and while I am not the most tireless of defenders (I, too, enjoy battlepay and running credit rails), I am perfectly willing run rails and give my money to my alliance. But as has been demonstrated in this thread and elsewhere, people just want to play the game. They want money and a place to get that money reliably, or places for resources. We see that in the results of the last few months, and until the Dark Sector system changes, it's never really going to go away.

DirkDeadeye, to address your point earlier: Eclipse members don't come forward often because they would prefer not to be showered in a rain of derision. There's a popular perception from the beginning of this whole thing that Eclipse was evil, being the largest alliance and the ones who applied higher taxes than others (a debate I will not address here). Is it so strange that people aren't willing to own forward and deal with a few vocal deriders, screaming at them for their affiliation?

And that's really what it is. There's also a lot of legitimate debate, criticisms that warrant discussion, and people who just don't really care.

Eclipse has been more concerned with their actions recently - with offering substantial battlepay in fair amounts (a major issue until the advent of visible reserves), with trying to handle conflicts fairly without exploits, simply by putting in the work and running the rails. They've had a fairly major setback recently, but also a fantastic time earlier in the weekend where we defended against constant multiple attacks, in no small part by mercenaries working for our battlepay. For that, I personally  thank you; mercenaries have proven their value in the Dark Sector market, and are shaping the current environment. But I've heard a lot of enthusiasm to keep going forward and certainly no death-knell.

They've had a lot of worthy opponents and some underhanded ones, but it's something we want to do. It's not like Dark Sectors are that fun now, but the potential is there, and Eclipse and I seem pretty optimistic overall. After all, it's a game, and death is never permanent.

None of that matters. Because they don't put a face on it. That's my point. People don't take a gesture of credits as an apology. They take an apology as an apology. They get angry at a faceless entity that everyone around them speaks of as evil. My whole PR spiel was to illustrate that.

If they're genuinely concerned. They should come to ME. Whose notorious for being the most outspoken against them. Talk to me about what their motives are, let me get to know them. And together, ease the tension. I only act abrasive, when I am faced with it. Like, the guy whose expecting a reply he won't get. Cause, clearly that's leading nowhere fast. I asked for a private conversation.

This all could've been avoided from the start, with a simple PM, to me. I would have been more than willing to help. I had a lot of juice then. Now, not so much.

Edited by DirkDeadeye

I'm not too sure what you're talking bout running to the end because it no longer is a capture mission. It's an MD type mission now. Might want to update your information.

Actually einstein it was more of a SABOTAGE mission. Capture implies you find a VIP, and vacuum him into your magic tenno hand.

And if you thought about it, I was making a reference to how Eclipse solidified their empire, using their more dedicated clans to do speed runs (MYSELF INCLUDED, ran a ton of em, yeah I was in Eclipse) before armistice. Since after they implemented that feature you just need to throw credits at the faceless masses I spoke of earlier.

Then you go further on to insult any MMO guild insisting that factory work for eclipse is more noble because there is no intrinsic reward, because everyone hates you. There's no skill, or discipline involved, because you're doing SABOTAGE missions before the patch. THEN Mobile defense, which hardly any of Eclipse did, outside of a handful of misguided folks who still won't name themselves, outside of the gentleman above, whom because addressed me like a gentleman got the same treatment, mind you. Which is about as thrilling as putting screws into tinkertoys.

Which leads me to my last point.

You've been around since February, unless you're a worm hiding behind an alt account.. I started in closed beta. I was very "hardcore" into this game before it became a grindfest. I got burned out several times, because it was mindless and boring, and my clan, whom which I adore, whom which a lot of my distension is based on given the treatment they received from their alliance. (my words) I spoke out every time we had an event. Every face-wood chopping boring defense mission, survival, blow up the floating balloons, get in the top 250 for a special mod prize (You weren't around then) which drove one of our clan mates damn near insane. Hell, there's two things binding me to this game today, my Clan and the glimmer of hope that the PvP esque conflicts will spice things up. MAYBE. Maybe also the ships will add a better new player perspective.

I have, always been on the side of eliminating the mindless repetitive grind events, which I quit participating in out of protest after the Gravadius conflict or whatever, actually, when they introduced survival..what was the top reward? Equilibrium..And this was before damage 2.0..no thank you. I've started a ton of threads spitballing ideas, replying and critiquing ideas. I've done everything in my power to make this a better game. What've you done?

Then put the time and effort into it, otherwise i'll just ignore and read people who have actual points to make.

TXRMN45.png

I've put enough in to know how things work.This is after I reset my account when we could do it. Cause..I was a moron and blew plat on stupid things like..frames. Was nice to get it all back. All said, steam claims I have 900 hours in. But I don't even know how much more I have because I used to use the standalone client.

Edited by DirkDeadeye

Seriously, there was more widespread drama over Bladestorm getting buffed than this.

From what I've seen, that's not exactly saying much.

@Dirk: Completely off topic, but that is some surprisingly shoddy event work I'm noticing.  :|

From what I've seen, that's not exactly saying much.

@Dirk: Completely off topic, but that is some surprisingly shoddy event work I'm noticing.  :|

Damn right. Not afraid to admit it either. If the content sucks, they aren't gonna know unless people don't do it. Blame it on the first one, that stupid balloon shooting event. Ugh. After that it was 'okay how much do I need to get the thing' then it was..uuuuugh again? NO MORE. Then..HELL WITH IT IM PLAYING BATTLEFIELD AGAIN!..then I missed my clan so I crawled back. :(

Edited by DirkDeadeye

None of that matters. Because they don't put a face on it. That's my point. People don't take a gesture of credits as an apology. They take an apology as an apology. They get angry at a faceless entity that everyone around them speaks of as evil. My whole PR spiel was to illustrate that.

If they're genuinely concerned. They should come to ME. Whose notorious for being the most outspoken against them. Talk to me about what their motives are, let me get to know them. And together, ease the tension. I only act abrasive, when I am faced with it. Like, the guy whose expecting a reply he won't get. Cause, clearly that's leading nowhere fast. I asked for a private conversation.

This all could've been avoided from the start, with a simple PM, to me. I would have been more than willing to help. I had a lot of juice then. Now, not so much

Plenty of Eclipse members have spoken here. I'm speaking to you as a member of Eclipse right now. I'm not hiding it.

If you want to talk about it by PM, by all means.

• 1 month later...

Its a game. Literally nothing that can be impacted by a tax rate on in game credits will cause actuall harm.

Infact, I hope they tax the pluto node more!

Why? Because every time people complained about the Kubrow upkeep they were bluntly told a few runs would fix all their problems, becasue it was such a low tax.

Well look what happened? That wasn't a feature of the games mechanics, it was an act of largesse. Temporary.

Perhaps now we can get a decent look at upkeep levels, or are the goalposts just going to be shifted?