Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Time Based Warframe

Rejex

I apologize in advance if this thread is out of place. I had the idea of a time based warframe. Namely, the concept and abilities.

(no name)- time based warframe support/attack 80/90 Male
(no name)-Paradox increases revive rate, movement speed and shield recharge by 30% for 8 seconds.

erit segnis- paradox slows surrounding enemies down by 50% for 5 seconds, making it easier to aim
redde tempore- Paradox turns back time restoring his allies health, shields, and ammunition

senex moritrur- Paradox vastly increases the rate at which enemies age, reducing them to a pile of dust deals 1100 damage over 3 seconds and speeds up any existing damage effects.

Stats and energy costs can be modified. 

His appearance I would like to have a dragon accent. The reason why is I am a huge Elder Scrolls fan and in the game the chief deity(in the Imperial Pantheon of Divines) is Akatosh, Dragon God of time and father of dragons.

There may be some copyright infringement with Bethesda though. If there is a problem he should resemble a mix of Ash and Excalibur plus a dash of Oberon.

I copied this from a thread I started in Steam back around Shadows of the Dead. 

I hope that this will be considered and thank you for reading this.

Edited by Rejex

Is there any reason for the ability names being of French ( I think ) origin? Not that I mind, just curious to your reasoning.

Time frames are very difficult to pull off without sounding broken in every sense of the word.

Also judging by your health values you want him to be an energy frame (150 base)?

Restoring health and ammo and shields to when? What id the unit was downed 10 seconds ago, will he return to a downed state if misused?

His Skill 4 sounds a bit to much like the Generic AOE frames, I'd like to see more of the unique ones, Like Vauban's Vortex, Nova's M prime, Hydroid, etc etc.

Is there any reason for the ability names being of French ( I think ) origin? Not that I mind, just curious to your reasoning.

Time frames are very difficult to pull off without sounding broken in every sense of the word.

Also judging by your health values you want him to be an energy frame (150 base)?

Restoring health and ammo and shields to when? What id the unit was downed 10 seconds ago, will he return to a downed state if misused?

His Skill 4 sounds a bit to much like the Generic AOE frames, I'd like to see more of the unique ones, Like Vauban's Vortex, Nova's M prime, Hydroid, etc etc.

Note the stats can be fiddled with those I don't really mind but the names are Latin. Is this concept really that popular? Huh.. I thought I was being original, but I did come up with this in September of 2013.

(no name)-Paradox increases revive rate, movement speed and shield recharge by 30% for 8 seconds.

erit segnis- paradox slows surrounding enemies down by 50% for 5 seconds, making it easier to aim(can be tweaked)
redde tempore- Paradox turns back time restoring his allies health, shields, and ammunition to full capacity

senex moritrur- Paradox vastly increases the rate at which enemies age, reducing them to a pile of dust deals 1100 damage over 3 seconds and speeds up any existing damage effects.

Stats and energy costs can be modified. 

Note the stats can be fiddled with those I don't really mind but the names are Latin. Is this concept really that popular? Huh.. I thought I was being original, but I did come up with this in September of 2013.

time based frame is the most common frame concept i've seen. literally dozens of times!

usually they are named some variant of Tempus or Chronos, and have a time freeze projectile, and AoE time distortion field to slow enemies and incoming projectiles, a time pause ult and sometimes a group speed buff or an "aging" AoE/ray which hurts enemies by moving them through time.

I didn't even look at the powers in the OP, but i bet a few of those are in there :D

EDIT - woa, I didn't even realize how many there were! These are just from May! I think we need a sticky about Time Warframes. Nothing wrong with the idea, but it's good to at least see other's thoughts in one thread.

Warframe Based On Time Manipulation`

Warframe Concept - Epoch, The Lord Of Time / Moments.

Chronos - The Time Bender Frame

[Warframe Concept] The Timeframe

New Tenno Tempus !

Edited by notionphil

name: idk

health/sheilds: 150/50

armour: 190

UNIQUE sheild recharge 300% better than normal

speed: same as ember

stamina: normal

ability 1: time freeze     completely stops anything within 5/6/7/8 meters of where it hits for 3/4/5/6 seconds

ability 2: hyperdrive     increces sheild recharge by 100/200/300/400% for 8/9/10/11 seconds

ability 3: time-space rupture      summons a ring which draws enemies in. that enemy is then teleported somwhere random within 50m. when the enemy is teleported it creates a "white hole" which pushes enemies away for 5 seconds.

ability 4: temporal destruction     freeses all enemies within a 25m radius for 5/10/15/20, then randomly selects 5/10/15/20 and inflicts 300/600/900/1300 damage to them, with a mulitplier depending on order of attacked, sooner the enemy is attacked more dmg is done, up to 5x multiplier.

Edited by creeperZface

time based frame is the most common frame concept i've seen. literally dozens of times!

usually they are named some variant of Tempus or Chronos, and have a time freeze projectile, and AoE time distortion field to slow enemies and incoming projectiles, a time pause ult and sometimes a group speed buff or an "aging" AoE/ray which hurts enemies by moving them through time.

I didn't even look at the powers in the OP, but i bet a few of those are in there :D

EDIT - woa, I didn't even realize how many there were! These are just from May! I think we need a sticky about Time Warframes. Nothing wrong with the idea, but it's good to at least see other's thoughts in one thread.

Warframe Based On Time Manipulation`

Warframe Concept - Epoch, The Lord Of Time / Moments.

Chronos - The Time Bender Frame

[Warframe Concept] The Timeframe

New Tenno Tempus !

you forgot mine: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/225227-my-own-idea-for-a-time-based-warfame/

Paradox is an awesome name maybe moves like

?)Reversal- Paradox becomes vulnerable for a short duration, at the end he completely restores his health (upgrade will increase lesser time to be vulnerable and strength while doing it).

?)Pause- Paradox creates a barrier of frozen time, enemies are frozen but allies are active attacking having no effect, then happening all at once overtime.